Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

Road tubeless tyres, where and how much?

1727374757678»

• wayneabswayneabs Posts: 55
    Hi all,

I'm looking for some 28mm tubeless tyres with a gum coloured side wall

I found some Schwalbe TT ones but they don't have much puncture protection

Any suggestions?

Thanks
  • orlokorlok Posts: 87
    That's why we use protection sealant (Schwalbe Doc Blue) with Schwalbe tubeless tyres.! ;)
    There will be always a moment of tailwind.
    Pinarello F8/10 - Ultegra 6800 - Carbonspeed C38 UST - Tubeless
  • wayneabs said:

Hi all,

I'm looking for some 28mm tubeless tyres with a gum coloured side wall

I found some Schwalbe TT ones but they don't have much puncture protection

Any suggestions?

Thanks

https://www.mantel.com/uk/schwalbe-one-tle-road-bike-tyre

Out of stock for a couple of weeks in 28mm skin wall...
  • wayneabswayneabs Posts: 55
    Thanks guys, i'll keep searching

Everything seems out of stock these days!
  • secretsamsecretsam Posts: 4,841
    Recommendations for gravel tyres, up to 35mm, mixed chalk under mud forest tracks, bridleways, towpaths - nothing too technical. Need to be non-horrid on road.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,117 Lives Here
    Not Panaracer Gravel King. Too fragile.
  • wotnoshoesehwotnoshoeseh Posts: 511
    Morning all,
    Looking for a replacement set of tubeless tyres at a decent price. Had some Hutchinson Storm tubeless in a 28, and have been reasonably pleased with them. Looking this time though to come down to 25mm. Any recommendations for a decent tyre at a reasonable price.
    I was looking at the Rubino Pro TL on Merlin @ £28.99 - any feedback on these?
  • dangardner27dangardner27 Posts: 112
    I've had problems with Vittoria tubeless (Corsa's) and are almost impossible to refit once removed having been patched. The bead is too loose.
  • itboffinitboffin Posts: 19,933

Morning all,
    Looking for a replacement set of tubeless tyres at a decent price. Had some Hutchinson Storm tubeless in a 28, and have been reasonably pleased with them. Looking this time though to come down to 25mm. Any recommendations for a decent tyre at a reasonable price.

Why only reasonably pleased?
    Rule #5 // Harden The censored Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • wotnoshoesehwotnoshoeseh Posts: 511
    itboffin said:

Morning all,

Why only reasonably pleased?
    Great question - actually quite pleased then - need to pick the correct words to convey my meaning - apologies ;).
    No issues really with them - the 28's though can be a bit "bouncy", although maybe I'm running too much pressure on them (80F 85R - 90-95 kg rider).

• bobonesbobones Posts: 1,074

Morning all,

Those Rubinos from Merlin are definitely decent tyres. Quite substantial so durable, but quite hard to get on compared to Hutchinson's. Don't blow up to massive sizes like some tyres. I'd say they're probably on a par with the Hutchinson Fusion 5 All Seasons, but not as quite as nice as the Hutchinson F5 Performance. They were £26.99 a few weeks ago, and there were nice tan walls available too, but I would buy them again at that price.