Road tubeless tyres, where and how much?

1707172737476»

• paulelana said:

Just fitted some GP5000TL tyres which went on OK. However they went flat after 10 mins. When I used water to help seat the bead I noticed air bubbling through the side walls. The valve and bead are fine but the side walls are so porous it really seems odd. I’ve not put sealant in yet but I would have thought that going flat so quickly was a bit excessive for a tubeless tyre. I’m waiting for a reply from Conti and wondered if anybody had experienced similar?

I’m reluctant to put sealant in until I’m sure of the outcome. Thanks.

Put the sealant in. That what it for making tyres air tight. Remember this is a light tyre. The thicker the casing the more air tight the tyre will be. Conti tyres dont have thick sidewalls.

• Stan's Dart arrived this morning. The insertion tool is really light and looks good. I think this will make tubeless easy for everyone.

• skeetamskeetam Posts: 103

Stan's Dart arrived this morning. The insertion tool is really light and looks good. I think this will make tubeless easy for everyone.

Looks cool, where did you order it from?
  • Tredz. I ordered it ages ago as they all sold out. I've just seen that Wiggle have them in now.