The Championship (mainly The Barcodes) thread

Comments

• motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    Oh come on, its fantastically close isn't it? Whoever goes up up automatically is going to be as relieved at missing the play off lottery as delighted to win promotion I reckon.

Couple of six pointers next weekend. Oh, and the 'muff at home to Blackpool too.
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    FFS BORO RARRGGHHHHH

Thats what I had been saying about the Cherries prior to beating Wolves/Fulham. Your turn now.

Probably go on a winning streak now ;)
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,505
    Chance to go 3 points clear and we blew it. Top of the championship now closer than a close thing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Chance to go 3 points clear and we blew it. Top of the championship now closer than a close thing.

We should be 9 points clear (should have beaten Leeds and Shef Wed).

We've been lucky other teams have slipped up too.

He needs to start Vossen and banish Nsue to the reserves.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

We should be 9 points clear (should have beaten Leeds and Shef Wed).

We've been lucky other teams have slipped up too.

He needs to start Vossen and banish Nsue to the reserves.
    That's life.

At least I got my chicken parmo in last night before watching the crap footy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Motogull wrote:
    Oh come on, its fantastically close isn't it? Whoever goes up up automatically is going to be as relieved at missing the play off lottery as delighted to win promotion I reckon.

Couple of six pointers next weekend. Oh, and the 'muff at home to Blackpool too.

You mean Beeeeeeeaaaawwwnmufffffff.

To be fair to all teams at top. They have all slipped up, when they could have steered themselves to near auto promotion. Thats the Championship. Saw it last season when I went to Yeovil vs Burnley with my father in law (Yeovil his team). You couldn't put a Rizzla paper between them on ability, skill, style or determination, yet one is promoted and one is relegated.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • mr_goo
    Yet another big day in the Champ on Sat.

Cherries v Blackpool (who are fighting for the Champ status)
    Boro v Tractor Boys
    Canaries v Rams
    Brighton v Wolves
    Bees v Cardiff
    Watford v Reading

Impossible to predict what will happen.

More worryingly Eurosport are predicting that Bournemouth will go up as champions with Brentford as runners up. What the hell? + kiss of death.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Busy day tomorrow.
    Train over to Brighton at 7:30.
    9am "Away day" Parkrun at Preston Park- Brighton.
    Then I have a meeting near Preston Park at 11:15 which I will have to be finished by 2pm, so I can get to the match.
    Kickoff at 3pm.
    Drown my sorrows in the away end concourse from 4:45 onwards....

Season over.
  • mr_goo
    Busy day tomorrow.
    Train over to Brighton at 7:30.
    9am "Away day" Parkrun at Preston Park- Brighton.
    Then I have a meeting near Preston Park at 11:15 which I will have to be finished by 2pm, so I can get to the match.
    Kickoff at 3pm.
    Drown my sorrows in the away end concourse from 4:45 onwards....

Season over.

Wolves do need to win this, if they don't then as you say season finished.
  • southdownswolf
    It's one of the closest ever seasons at the top, but I think we are just too far out to get in the playoffs. We would have to win at least 7/10 of the remaining fixtures. No idea who is going to win the league though. I did think it would be Norwich a few games ago, but it's too close to call even 1 team to get promoted.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Take the points away from the teams and you'll see the issue facing Wolves is goals.... :roll:

And with the cash flowing like never before into the Premiership and the gap between the top tier divisions will continue to grow.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Well done The Boro - smashed a few tractors today :) Still in the race for one of those automatic promotion places. Unfortunately Bournemouth and Watford don't look like screwing up today.
  • UTB UTB

Just got home from the game. Unfortunately I was ready for a full afternoon on the drink and none of my friends were :(

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • mr_goo
    1 down 9 to go. Next stop Cardiff on Tuesday night.
    Just noticed that Derby are home to Boro on same evening, should be very interesting.
  • If we play like we did today we can beat Derby.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Stevo_666
    If we play like we did today we can beat Derby.
    Ditto. Having watched the replay of yesterdays game on the box last night, Boro were on league topping form, especially Bamford - although if he carries on like that I can see José recalling him to Chelsea !
  • Bamford was outrageous. Excellent vision and composure. His turn on the ball was fantastic. I think he was a bit giddy for his hatrick and rushed his final 2 chances, but he'll get there. Seems like a nice lad as well. A few of my mates met him and Kalas whilst having a day at Rockliffe hall and said they were both sound. Took the time to have some crack and appreciated the messages of good luck for the season.

Having said that their CBs were donkeys. Tomlin would have torn through them.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • mr_goo
    The downside to the Cherries doing so well is that players are now getting called up to the U21 and Full National squads. Not in great numbers granted, but enough to worry that one or two may pick up a knock and be out for the crucial run in. Oh and what a daft time to have an international break.
  • mr_goo
    Big night this one. What I need is the following:
    Derby and Boro to play out goal less draw.
    Watford, Norwich, Ipswich and Brentford to lose.
    And Cherries to win.......

iStock_000025125420XSmall.jpg
  • 2-0 to Boro I reckon ;)

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • southdownswolf
    Scores going well so far. Would like another couple of goals for Wolves though, just to feel a bit safer....
  • St Patricks Day ;)

2501F25E00000578-2926058-Middlesbrough_striker_Patrick_Bamford_celebrates_after_scoring_f-a-36_1422230750858.jpg

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, knocked those annoying Cherries off the top. Watford sneaked up on the inside though!
  • I'm going to have PTSD from this season.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • mr_goo
    St Patricks Day ;)

2501F25E00000578-2926058-Middlesbrough_striker_Patrick_Bamford_celebrates_after_scoring_f-a-36_1422230750858.jpg

The rate Bamford is knocking in goals, Boro won't be having his services next season whatever league they play in.
  • Like the other Chelsea loanees, Kalas and Omeruo, he's not quite good enough for the Chelsea squad. I imagine if we get promotion he'll sign for us. I'd sign Kalas as well given the choice.

Mourinho thinks very highly of Karanka. I imagine his advice will be the difference in who he signs for. Bear in mind as well the clubs connections. We used to have a good draw for top quality players, and apparently Gibson has big plans for the club should we get promoted. I think Karanka + Promotion would start a spell of good fortune for the club.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • southdownswolf
    Like the other Chelsea loanees, Kalas and Omeruo, he's not quite good enough for the Chelsea squad. I imagine if we get promotion he'll sign for us. I'd sign Kalas as well given the choice.

Mourinho thinks very highly of Karanka. I imagine his advice will be the difference in who he signs for. Bear in mind as well the clubs connections. We used to have a good draw for top quality players, and apparently Gibson has big plans for the club should we get promoted. I think Karanka + Promotion would start a spell of good fortune for the club.

I love the misguided optimism of a football fan, we all seem to have it... :D
  • Like the other Chelsea loanees, Kalas and Omeruo, he's not quite good enough for the Chelsea squad. I imagine if we get promotion he'll sign for us. I'd sign Kalas as well given the choice.

I love the misguided optimism of a football fan, we all seem to have it... :D

It's like an abusive relationship you just can't get away from :lol:

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • mr_goo
    D-Day on Saturday.
    Cherries v Boro

Very surprised this is not Sky TV live match on Fri Eve or Sat Lunch.
  • southdownswolf
    Mr Goo wrote:
    D-Day on Saturday.
    Cherries v Boro

Very surprised this is not Sky TV live match on Fri Eve or Sat Lunch.

Wish it was... We are on TV Friday night against Derby, can see a repeat of the 5-0 to them as we are she-ite on TV.