Torm

Comments

• Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    hey torm,

my point was that (unless i am mistaken) the majority of the short slv options are half/quarter zip
    You're right, I do offer 14 different short zip options (T1/2/11/12) and 8 long zip options (T3/7)...that's quite a lot for a small company so it is time for another refresh of the designs and colours...and as it's just me and Al at Torm we are always open to new ideas...what did you have in mind ?
  • CStar
    CStar Posts: 63
    Doh. Mr Slow here. Have been faffing about on fleabay looking for a GB Country jersey from you know who (as I can't afford £140 and they're not in stock) and I came across Torm. Really impressed by the reviews, the price and the website so have ordered a T1 on the spot. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend. :-)
    MTB: Self-built Santa Cruz Highball Alloy 10 Spd Deore.
    Winter: Emmelle 1980's Reynolds Steel retro
    Summer: Specialized Secteur Elite w. upgrades.
    Commuter: Fausto Coppi San Remo
  • Torm
    CStar wrote:
    Doh. Mr Slow here. Have been faffing about on fleabay looking for a GB Country jersey from you know who (as I can't afford £140 and they're not in stock) and I came across Torm. Really impressed by the reviews, the price and the website so have ordered a T1 on the spot. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend. :-)
    I'll get that bagged and shipped up to you tomorrow, I have a soft spot for the T1 in Red and White !
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    I spent an age trying to choose the other day. When I made my mind up for the T1 in red and white, the xl was out of stock. Do you know when they might be back in stock?
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    Torm wrote:
    hey torm,

my point was that (unless i am mistaken) the majority of the short slv options are half/quarter zip
    You're right, I do offer 14 different short zip options (T1/2/11/12) and 8 long zip options (T3/7)...that's quite a lot for a small company so it is time for another refresh of the designs and colours...and as it's just me and Al at Torm we are always open to new ideas...what did you have in mind ?

personally i like your simple designs, but i would like various 3 color full zip jerseys similar to the French National Champ jersey - but three colors that don't actually represent a National Tri-Color Flag

Eg

New-2014-FDJ-TEAM-font-b-French-b-font-Champion-font-b-Cycling-b-font-font.jpg
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:
    hey torm,

personally i like your simple designs, but i would like various 3 color full zip jerseys similar to the French National Champ jersey - but three colors that don't actually represent a National Tri-Color Flag

Eg

Gotcha....I'll get my thinking cap on !
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    How about running a design competition. You (Torm) post a couple of options for the jersey template (stripes, panels, trim) and invite colour ideas from the contributors to the this thread.

Or even allow the template to come from the contributors.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,302
    Torm wrote:
    hey torm,

Eg

Rapha made a similar one, inspired to Jacques Anquetil... I think it was their finest hour, it was an awesome jersey... since then only rubbish designs
    left the forum March 2023
  • gaffer_slow
    same proportions as French National Jersey, same proportioned trim/details on arms.

Top Section Golden Yellow
    Mid Section Black
    Bottom Section Red.

like these shorts

Wu9Zjc9.jpg

Similar colors to Germany & Belgium but different order.

It would be good to work out colors that are not from national flags, that still work
    - just throwing out a suggestion
  • gaffer_slow
    i also like the idea of a small torm logo on the collar rather than the chest,
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Ignore the labels/logos but, wider chest stripes NOT being replicated onto sleeves?
    WinterRed.png
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Torm
    Plodder73 wrote:
    I spent an age trying to choose the other day. When I made my mind up for the T1 in red and white, the xl was out of stock. Do you know when they might be back in stock?
    I'll take a look tomorrow to see if the stock level is correct on that jersey.
    Currently they are not in my planned manufacturing runs but I'll take another look and see when I might get that one back in stock.
  • Torm
    i also like the idea of a small torm logo on the collar rather than the chest,
    I tried that on the earlier models, I'll see if I can find a picture.

I guess you could describe our branding as subtle as we use the same colour logo as the fabric, we would like our products to be recognisable so we have to get the balance right.
  • bendertherobot
    Yeah, I like the same colour embroidery. Classy IMO.

Wore mine again today. Excellent at 5 degrees, comfortable at 17 degrees. (long sleeve)
  • Torm
    same proportions as French National Jersey, same proportioned trim/details on arms.

Top Section Golden Yellow
    Mid Section Black
    Bottom Section Red.

like these shorts

Wu9Zjc9.jpg

Similar colors to Germany & Belgium but different order.

It would be good to work out colors that are not from national flags, that still work
    - just throwing out a suggestion
    We have access to just about any colour that we choose, getting those colours right is the key I guess...we want to keep our products fairly understated and not too funky...we don't want to be seen as fashionable or trying too hard...it's a tough balance to maintain I know and we'll need to look at dropping some current colours in the range to accommodate some more.
  • Torm
    Navrig2 wrote:
    How about running a design competition. You (Torm) post a couple of options for the jersey template (stripes, panels, trim) and invite colour ideas from the contributors to the this thread.

This has crossed my mind, I'll speak to Al and give it some serious thought.
  • navrig2
    Torm wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:

Presumably more panels means more expensive and presumably one panel = one colour?
  • Torm
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:

Presumably more panels means more expensive and presumably one panel = one colour?
    Not necessarily more expense, the T1/T11 are very complex in terms of the number of different panels even though I currently only use 2 or 3 per jersey. I could in fact use all of my current 9 colours in a T1 jersey and the cost would be the same...however the jersey would be awful !!!
    What is expensive are small amounts of different colours for trim as the fabric is priced by volume on a sliding scale.
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:
    Plodder73 wrote:
    I'll take a look tomorrow to see if the stock level is correct on that jersey.
    Currently they are not in my planned manufacturing runs but I'll take another look and see when I might get that one back in stock.
    Sorry, nothing hiding in stock Im afraid, I'll plan to get some sorted but it will be a few months Im afraid.
  • navrig2
    Torm wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:

Not necessarily more expense, the T1/T11 are very complex in terms of the number of different panels even though I currently only use 2 or 3 per jersey. I could in fact use all of my current 9 colours in a T1 jersey and the cost would be the same...however the jersey would be awful !!!
    What is expensive are small amounts of different colours for trim as the fabric is priced by volume on a sliding scale.

Torm Harlequin........ :twisted:
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    Thanks I will pick another
  • Torm
    Plodder73 wrote:
    Thanks I will pick another
    OK, let me know what you go for....I've asked my manufacturers if they can squeeze a few in May...I'll let you know what they say.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,673
    Has my wife ordered my birthday present yet? She asked for your URL again yesterday and I think she's cutting it fine for Saturday.
    I don't really expect an answer, that would be cheating. It would be impressive if I guess the colours through the wrapping paper.
  • Torm
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:

Torm Harlequin........ :twisted:
    ....I did that on a T2 in 2011 as a sample...it stood out form the crowd !
  • Torm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Has my wife ordered my birthday present yet? She asked for your URL again yesterday and I think she's cutting it fine for Saturday.
    I don't really expect an answer, that would be cheating. It would be impressive if I guess the colours through the wrapping paper.
    ...yes...she must really love you!
  • bendertherobot
    Ok, if I have the Long Sleeve in Large and it's perfect (not skin tight) am I ok to order a short sleeve LONG ZIP in large?
  • CStar
    CStar Posts: 63
    T1 in red and white arrived today. Very quick. thanks guys.

First impressions are excellent. Even my 13yr old fashion critic daughter thinks it looks good ! Build quality looks top notch. Can't wait to give it a spin tomorrow and a decent long ride on Sunday.
    MTB: Self-built Santa Cruz Highball Alloy 10 Spd Deore.
    Winter: Emmelle 1980's Reynolds Steel retro
    Summer: Specialized Secteur Elite w. upgrades.
    Commuter: Fausto Coppi San Remo
  • Torm
    Ok, if I have the Long Sleeve in Large and it's perfect (not skin tight) am I ok to order a short sleeve LONG ZIP in large?
    Yep, the body of all the long zip jerseys should be approximately the same...so the T3/T5/T7/T8 will all size up approximately the same.
  • Torm
    CStar wrote:
    T1 in red and white arrived today. Very quick. thanks guys.

First impressions are excellent. Even my 13yr old fashion critic daughter thinks it looks good ! Build quality looks top notch. Can't wait to give it a spin tomorrow and a decent long ride on Sunday.
    You're welcome...good to see that TØRM is 'street' (is that the right word!?!). I may steal that quote for my website...along with a picture !
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    How do the arm warmers size up? I have fairly chunky non cyclists arms and the defeet l/xl I have at present fit but tend to roll up at the tops. Any issues with the torm ones? I may order a pair (and a jersey just for the postage reasons of course...).
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.