Torm

145791017

Comments

  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    Do many people use the base layers? Anybody care to write a review?
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    JC78DSL99 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    JC78DSL99 wrote:
    I've got a T1 and fancy one of the long sleeve jerseys - is there any difference (in thickness) in the T5 & T8 or is it just the style?
    Its the same fabric, we believe in keeping things simple and layering up.

    The long zip jerseys have a little more room than the short zip jerseys so let me know if you need any help with sizing.

    My T1 is medium and fits perfect with a thin base layer so I was thinking of staying with medium to allow for a thicker merino base layer. I like a close fit so would I be better with small?
    Measure your T1 from arm pit to arm pit then send me the measurement to mail@torm.cc and I'll match it up with the same measurement.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    Do many people use the base layers? Anybody care to write a review?
    Here's an independent one from 2013 if it helps ?

    http://timwiggins.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... P7oXkKFdhM
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    I've been keeping an eye on these for a while as they're around the corner from my parents holiday place in Ramsgate.

    Next time I'm down I will come and take a look. Do you have your stock available to try on in store?
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Lancew wrote:
    I've been keeping an eye on these for a while as they're around the corner from my parents holiday place in Ramsgate.

    Next time I'm down I will come and take a look. Do you have your stock available to try on in store?
    Yep...all of our stock is in the local bike shop we also own (SP Cycles)...let me know when you're coming and I'll look out for you.
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    I'm cycling down on the 3rd of April. Will you be open Good Friday? If not I think I will stay the night and head over in the morning.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Lancew wrote:
    I'm cycling down on the 3rd of April. Will you be open Good Friday? If not I think I will stay the night and head over in the morning.
    Yep...we'll be open 10-4 that day...it's Al's day off so you'll probably have to suffer me !
  • My T2 turned up in sunny Flanders today! Delighted with it, thanks guys!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

    @gietvangent
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    My T2 turned up in sunny Flanders today! Delighted with it, thanks guys!
    You're welcome.
  • IanRCarter
    IanRCarter Posts: 217
    After my earlier post about sizes and buying both a medium and small to try on, I just wanted to give a bit of positive feedback about Torm. Ordered and dispatched Tuesday, Arrived and returned the jersey I didn't want on Thursday, Refunded yesterday (Saturday).

    The jersey is great, worn it a couple of times now, an evening and day ride, both around 5C and a bit windy, keeps the temperature in without feeling stuffy like a jacket can and the material does act in a slightly windproof way so I was happy without a gilet on (had a LS merine base on underneath). It doesn't have the updated pocket sizes, so I can't comment on those but I never had a problem with them anyway.

    I'm now going to try get my Aunt and Uncle and club mates clad in Torm :)
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    IanRCarter wrote:
    After my earlier post about sizes and buying both a medium and small to try on, I just wanted to give a bit of positive feedback about Torm. Ordered and dispatched Tuesday, Arrived and returned the jersey I didn't want on Thursday, Refunded yesterday (Saturday).

    The jersey is great, worn it a couple of times now, an evening and day ride, both around 5C and a bit windy, keeps the temperature in without feeling stuffy like a jacket can and the material does act in a slightly windproof way so I was happy without a gilet on (had a LS merine base on underneath). It doesn't have the updated pocket sizes, so I can't comment on those but I never had a problem with them anyway.

    I'm now going to try get my Aunt and Uncle and club mates clad in Torm :)
    Thanks for the feedback, its great to hear that me an Al are meeting expectations and so pleased you like the jersey. Cant wait for the days to arrive when I can leave the base layer in the wardrobe !
  • FWIW, it matches my experience of buying from Torm. I need another T5 LS jersey (I have one already, and it's fantastic for spring/autumn) and will be ordering another one shortly (i.e. once it warms up enough to wear it - I'm still in winter jacket mode here).
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • JC78DSL99
    JC78DSL99 Posts: 94
    Torm wrote:
    JC78DSL99 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    JC78DSL99 wrote:
    I've got a T1 and fancy one of the long sleeve jerseys - is there any difference (in thickness) in the T5 & T8 or is it just the style?
    Its the same fabric, we believe in keeping things simple and layering up.

    The long zip jerseys have a little more room than the short zip jerseys so let me know if you need any help with sizing.

    My T1 is medium and fits perfect with a thin base layer so I was thinking of staying with medium to allow for a thicker merino base layer. I like a close fit so would I be better with small?
    Measure your T1 from arm pit to arm pit then send me the measurement to mail@torm.cc and I'll match it up with the same measurement.

    Ordered a T5 in medium after excellent customer service from Paul @ Torm and help with sizing. Arrived 2 days after ordering last week. Did 100km in it on Saturday with a thin LS merino base layer (not Torm) and gilet. Quality is superb and worth every penny. Size wise, its fractionally bigger than my medium T1 but a small would have been too small in the body and shoulders. The bigger pockets are handy. Will be ordering a T7 when the weather warms up.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    JC78DSL99 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    JC78DSL99 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    JC78DSL99 wrote:
    I've got a T1 and fancy one of the long sleeve jerseys - is there any difference (in thickness) in the T5 & T8 or is it just the style?
    Its the same fabric, we believe in keeping things simple and layering up.

    The long zip jerseys have a little more room than the short zip jerseys so let me know if you need any help with sizing.

    My T1 is medium and fits perfect with a thin base layer so I was thinking of staying with medium to allow for a thicker merino base layer. I like a close fit so would I be better with small?
    Measure your T1 from arm pit to arm pit then send me the measurement to mail@torm.cc and I'll match it up with the same measurement.

    Ordered a T5 in medium after excellent customer service from Paul @ Torm and help with sizing. Arrived 2 days after ordering last week. Did 100km in it on Saturday with a thin LS merino base layer (not Torm) and gilet. Quality is superb and worth every penny. Size wise, its fractionally bigger than my medium T1 but a small would have been too small in the body and shoulders. The bigger pockets are handy. Will be ordering a T7 when the weather warms up.
    Yep...I'm Paul...I'm the 'me' in me and Al...I get to do most things so its great to hear that I'm getting some right ! Cant wait for the warmer weather, really bored of the wind and rain !
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    OK...just finished the ladies jerseys...now I can get back to normal, I'm thinking of doing a limited run jersey with the same type of styling as the current range but some different detailing, what do you think ?
  • dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    What type of detailing, I need a new top for the summer.

    I do like the look of the ladies TL8 (Red & Black) with the red trim/piping (not sure of the correct word), think it would look good in the short sleeve (using the same colour ways).
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    What type of detailing, I need a new top for the summer.

    I do like the look of the ladies TL8 (Red & Black) with the red trim/piping (not sure of the correct word), think it would look good in the short sleeve (using the same colour ways).
    Maybe something with a design on the trim rather than a plain colour.

    Yes I've got lots of nice comments about the TL7 and TL8 in the Red/Black combination...I nearly did it in the mens range last year but saved it for the ladies.
  • HebdenBiker
    HebdenBiker Posts: 787
    Hello Torm,

    Just some feedback after looking at your website. No offence meant in any of this and you are of course free to disregard!

    1. I'd like to see some more subtle colours rather than the bright ones. Maroon, olive green, navy blue, etc

    2. I wouldn't wear the T5 because to me it looks too much like a Happy-Shopper Rapha :-)

    3. When I'm in the market for a new jersey I will certainly consider a T3 in claret. Very nice! If you did a long-sleeve in the same colour (or another subtle colour) without the Rapha-esque arm bands I would take one of those too :-)
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,832
    Hello Torm,

    Just some feedback after looking at your website. No offence meant in any of this and you are of course free to disregard!

    1. I'd like to see some more subtle colours rather than the bright ones. Maroon, olive green, navy blue, etc

    2. I wouldn't wear the T5 because to me it looks too much like a Happy-Shopper Rapha :-)

    3. When I'm in the market for a new jersey I will certainly consider a T3 in claret. Very nice! If you did a long-sleeve in the same colour (or another subtle colour) without the Rapha-esque arm bands I would take one of those too :-)

    Interesting as I don't see the current range as bright.

    In fact I'd like to see something with a bit of pink or orange (and I'm a bloke). There is a brand (not Rapha) which does a "burnt orange" sportswool jersey. Looks great.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Hello Torm,

    Just some feedback after looking at your website. No offence meant in any of this and you are of course free to disregard!

    1. I'd like to see some more subtle colours rather than the bright ones. Maroon, olive green, navy blue, etc

    2. I wouldn't wear the T5 because to me it looks too much like a Happy-Shopper Rapha :-)

    3. When I'm in the market for a new jersey I will certainly consider a T3 in claret. Very nice! If you did a long-sleeve in the same colour (or another subtle colour) without the Rapha-esque arm bands I would take one of those too :-)
    Hi there,

    Thanks for taking the time to feedback, Im really not easily offended as we are trying to meet the needs of good honest cyclists and not trying to take over the world of cycle clothing !

    1. I think 2015 is a time to think about our colour range, time to drop a colour or 2 and introduce a new colour or 2. I like the idea of Navy Blue or a petrol/steel blue...might do a special edition in that colour to test the water !

    2. I guess the T5 divides opinion, the SportWool fabric for most European jerseys comes from the same factory in Denmark, the YKK zips from the same factory and I believe our manufacturing quality stands along side the best out there...so I hope its less Happy Shopper and more of a 2 for 1 offer.

    3. Agreed, the T3 sells well especially in Claret, some people just want the quality without the branding...I think we might be one of the few to offer this right now.

    Please keep sending your feedback, I really enjoy hearing what people think and how we can evolve within our boundaries to give people what they would like.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Hello Torm,

    Just some feedback after looking at your website. No offence meant in any of this and you are of course free to disregard!

    1. I'd like to see some more subtle colours rather than the bright ones. Maroon, olive green, navy blue, etc

    2. I wouldn't wear the T5 because to me it looks too much like a Happy-Shopper Rapha :-)

    3. When I'm in the market for a new jersey I will certainly consider a T3 in claret. Very nice! If you did a long-sleeve in the same colour (or another subtle colour) without the Rapha-esque arm bands I would take one of those too :-)

    Interesting as I don't see the current range as bright.

    In fact I'd like to see something with a bit of pink or orange (and I'm a bloke). There is a brand (not Rapha) which does a "burnt orange" sportswool jersey. Looks great.
    I guess one persons grey is dark white...and another persons light black...I'm colourblind so Al does give the nod on colours !

    Yes I've seen the burnt orange jersey, it does look very nice and congratulations to them on choosing a great colour.

    I wanted to start the pink off for the ladies, it just felt right that way round. I've done some black/pink club jerseys for a local club which I thought worked well so it is on my mind.

    Thanks for your feedback.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    My long sleeve received today. Large. Fits beautifully and feels just as nice (and same fit) as my Rapha CX long sleeve. Colour me impressed. Couple of short sleeves next I think..............
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    edited April 2015
    I think my other half would appreciate the womens fit - she already has a size small in the mens and wears it all the time.
    I can't speak for her, but I think she would find the 'Pink for the ladies' a bit patronising though Paul, I'm sure she would want to choose from the same colour range the blokes get to choose. Saying that,the colours that are in the current womens collection are really nice though - I really like the T8 in the red, and I'd definitely have a red TL7 if it were in a mens cut.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,100
    I think my other half would appreciate the womens fit - she already has a size small in the mens and wears it all the time.
    I can't speak for her, but I think she would find the 'Pink for the ladies' a bit patronising though Paul, I'm sure she would want to choose from the same colour range the blokes get to choose. Saying that, I've nothing against pink, especially if it's done tastefully though, a darker shade perhaps. I might even consider it myself, but I find having gender specific colouring a bit old fashioned?

    Just my opinion.

    The rest of mainland Europe has moved on from the pink for ladies concept about 50 years ago... the problem here is this "princess" kind of upbringing that many girls still get to these days... which then transfers into ludicrous confetti clad bride maids and all that nonsense.

    But yes, pink for the ladies is deffo patronising and old fashoned
    left the forum March 2023
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Sorry Ugo, I edited my post after you quoted - but I think my (our) point stands, although it may be that Paul was referring to the pink highlights in the current offering, rather than a 'girly' pink new jersey.
  • I love the look and styling of my T5, but found it hard to choose between the colours; I went for the "least worst" option (grey - but it's a bit too dark to be ideal). I'd love to have one in a lighter grey, pea green or sky blue (which is why I've held off ordering more).
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • Nickshek
    Nickshek Posts: 27
    bought and received my T2 jersey recently. Perfect fit for me and quality is nice! I find the the zip pockets too small to fit my phone in, which I'm a bit gutted about.
    FELT F5 // FFWD F6R-C
  • IanRCarter
    IanRCarter Posts: 217
    Love the ladies designs, especially TL1 grey/pink, I'd buy that in a men's cut! Nothing wrong with a bit of pink on a man (or a lot, in the case of my Rapha Pro jersey!). I'd suggest country flag colours but it looks like Rapha have beat you to it (albeit ruined with Sky logos). Navy with red/white details might look quite nice.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,100
    I rode the Rapha Hell of the North on my new design Torm T8 (with wider pockets). I filled the pockets with a windproof coat, a spare inner tube for bigger tyres, a roll of basic tools and pump, a small mobile phone, keys, credit card and some cash and the route card they gave us at the start...

    So that's not bad... mine is blue, it looks so much better than those new Rapha designs, which are most likely made for the generation who likes Red Bull and fruity caffeine gels, clearly...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    My long sleeve received today. Large. Fits beautifully and feels just as nice (and same fit) as my Rapha CX long sleeve. Colour me impressed. Couple of short sleeves next I think..............
    Thanks...good to hear.