Torm

Comments

• Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    menthel wrote:
    How do the arm warmers size up? I have fairly chunky non cyclists arms and the defeet l/xl I have at present fit but tend to roll up at the tops. Any issues with the torm ones? I may order a pair (and a jersey just for the postage reasons of course...).
    I'm from the 'sand in your face' group...be kind to us !
    I use a siliconised elastic at the top to hold them up so they won't roll up at the top. When you put them on feed them over the wrist first before easing them up...no yanking !
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Morning Paul & Al,

Just wondering if you had considered a line of casual tops?

I have found myself wearing my T1 in the evenings as it fits so well and is quite understated.
    To be honest, its the best fitting top I have!! 8)

Would be nice to have modified versions (long and short sleeve) with no rear pockets and maybe a slight design tweak just to give the casual line its own identity (maybe a few subdued colours, smaller stripes etc).

There are a few premium brands who offer casual wear which id love to purchase, but it is all ridiculously expensive.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Torm wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    How do the arm warmers size up? I have fairly chunky non cyclists arms and the defeet l/xl I have at present fit but tend to roll up at the tops. Any issues with the torm ones? I may order a pair (and a jersey just for the postage reasons of course...).
    I use a siliconised elastic at the top to hold them up so they won't roll up at the top. When you put them on feed them over the wrist first before easing them up...no yanking !

Thanks, good to hear that there are steps taken to stop rolling. Funds permitting I feel an order coming on. Mind you I already have 2 ls and 2 ss torm tops. The wife might get annoyed!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Ordered another Long sleeve in claret and a short sleeve in red
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Torm
    bsharp77 wrote:
    Morning Paul & Al,

Just wondering if you had considered a line of casual tops?

I have found myself wearing my T1 in the evenings as it fits so well and is quite understated.
    To be honest, its the best fitting top I have!! 8)

Would be nice to have modified versions (long and short sleeve) with no rear pockets and maybe a slight design tweak just to give the casual line its own identity (maybe a few subdued colours, smaller stripes etc).

There are a few premium brands who offer casual wear which id love to purchase, but it is all ridiculously expensive.
    Nice thought, I know what you mean, we did think about whipping the pockets off the back and making a few tweaks...we also made a few polo type shirts (for ourselves...perks of the job !) trouble is that means more products, more time etc and that means less time to run our bike shop and go cycling. I guess what I'm saying is we just want to stay deliberately small and keep focussing on the jerseys and base layers...it's what we like doing best.
  • Torm
    Ordered another Long sleeve in claret and a short sleeve in red
    Spotted that earlier today...they've just been shipped...be there is a few days !
  • Torm
    menthel wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Thanks, good to hear that there are steps taken to stop rolling. Funds permitting I feel an order coming on. Mind you I already have 2 ls and 2 ss torm tops. The wife might get annoyed!
    I recommend a 'same colour' policy for bikes and TØRM...keep 'em guessing how many you've got then!
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Nice thought, I know what you mean, we did think about whipping the pockets off the back and making a few tweaks...we also made a few polo type shirts (for ourselves...perks of the job !) trouble is that means more products, more time etc and that means less time to run our bike shop and go cycling. I guess what I'm saying is we just want to stay deliberately small and keep focussing on the jerseys and base layers...it's what we like doing best.

I understand guys, although as this would require minimal changes from what you already do I thought it would be a good idea - but I know that means more stock to manage etc...

I have an image in my head now of a lovely T1 style claret jersey with navy stripes and no pockets - would look the business....if you ever do custom orders do let us know!!! :)
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    I just received a Claret T5 and Long sleeve base layer that my lovely wife bought for our anniversary. They are really nice garments, well made, nice fabric and great fit. I cant wait to try these out tomorrow morning. Only very minor niggle is the dreaded zipped pocket size, If I squeeze my phone in there (only a piddly iphone 4s) then I probably am not going to get it back out. Having said that the middle pocket seems to be deep enough for the phone to be safe so this shouldn't be a problem. Great items and as said earlier in the thread basically a 2 for 1 compared to another brand.
  • Torm
    stevie63 wrote:
    I just received a Claret T5 and Long sleeve base layer that my lovely wife bought for our anniversary. They are really nice garments, well made, nice fabric and great fit. I cant wait to try these out tomorrow morning. Only very minor niggle is the dreaded zipped pocket size, If I squeeze my phone in there (only a piddly iphone 4s) then I probably am not going to get it back out. Having said that the middle pocket seems to be deep enough for the phone to be safe so this shouldn't be a problem. Great items and as said earlier in the thread basically a 2 for 1 compared to another brand.
    Thanks for the feedback, all welcome....hows the weather in Norfolk ?
    I also have the piddly iPhone 4s (my daughter is ashamed of me !) and I don't use the zipped pocket for it, I put it in landscape mode in the right side cargo pocket for easy access.
    I have done some work to increase the size of the pockets of the jerseys and all new stock arriving will have these bigger pockets. I started with the long sleeve jerseys and I've just about got them all in stock now with the bigger pockets. If you want one of these versions just order one today and return the current one for a refund (assuming it is unused) and I'll get it out to you today.
  • Torm
    bsharp77 wrote:

I understand guys, although as this would require minimal changes from what you already do I thought it would be a good idea - but I know that means more stock to manage etc...

I have an image in my head now of a lovely T1 style claret jersey with navy stripes and no pockets - would look the business....if you ever do custom orders do let us know!!! :)
    You're right, I currently have 264 individual stock units, all of which need to be stocked in depth to meet demand. Even adding another couple of products in a couple of colours in 6 sizes means the sums start to get scary quite quickly!
    I guess Claret and Blue are well known in the sporting arena.
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    Torm wrote:
    stevie63 wrote:
    I also have the piddly iPhone 4s (my daughter is ashamed of me !) and I don't use the zipped pocket for it, I put it in landscape mode in the right side cargo pocket for easy access.
    I have done some work to increase the size of the pockets of the jerseys and all new stock arriving will have these bigger pockets. I started with the long sleeve jerseys and I've just about got them all in stock now with the bigger pockets. If you want one of these versions just order one today and return the current one for a refund (assuming it is unused) and I'll get it out to you today.
    Like I said it isn't really a big deal(and in reality many other jersey pockets struggle with this), if I take the protective case off it then it does actually fit in the pocket with a bit of jiggery pockery. I have already been out today in both the base layer and the jersey and they are really nice. It was 4.5 degrees and after 5 minutes once I had warmed up they were just the right amount of warmth for the weather.

I can see the Jersey getting a lot of use this year, it is definately the nicest looking jersey that I currently have. Keep up the good work.
  • Torm
    stevie63 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    stevie63 wrote:
    Like I said it isn't really a big deal(and in reality many other jersey pockets struggle with this), if I take the protective case off it then it does actually fit in the pocket with a bit of jiggery pockery. I have already been out today in both the base layer and the jersey and they are really nice. It was 4.5 degrees and after 5 minutes once I had warmed up they were just the right amount of warmth for the weather.

I can see the Jersey getting a lot of use this year, it is definitely the nicest looking jersey that I currently have. Keep up the good work.
    That's great to hear, I've just commuted the 10 miles to the shop...sun was glorious...please do ask for 'big pockets' with any future orders and if I have them in stock I'll send them.
  • xixang
    xixang Posts: 235
    I'm looking at getting ls and ss base layers to go with my T5. What sort of weight are they? I can't see anything on the website and I'm after a ls for colder weather and ss for warmer.
  • Torm
    xixang wrote:
    I'm looking at getting ls and ss base layers to go with my T5. What sort of weight are they? I can't see anything on the website and I'm after a ls for colder weather and ss for warmer.
    They are the same weight as the jerseys, we believe in layering and keeping things simple.
    At this time of year I tend to use the ls some days and the ss others....in mid winter I tend to wear both together!
  • Am I the only one who thinks the grey with pink stripe colour scheme of the women's tl1 would look great for the men's jersey too?
  • Just got my new LS T8 in blue; as always, excellent quality, and I really like the new, larger pockets.

If I have one regret, it's not ordering a couple more SS jerseys (I'm thinking T7 in blue); I've recently started commuting by bike every day, and my wardrobe currently only contains two SS jerseys. If you count only the Torm ones; I've got loads of cheap synthetic jerseys from Aldi, Ebay etc, but I *much* prefer to wear the Torm ones - more comfortable, plus they can be worn more than once or twice before needing a trip through the washing machine.

Do you have blue T7s with the new, bigger pockets?
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • menthel
    Arm warmers and a T3 in black ordered!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,302
    plus they can be worn more than once or twice before needing a trip through the washing machine.

did you say 6 or 7 times? :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • fuel2000
    fuel2000 Posts: 65
    Am I the only one who thinks the grey with pink stripe colour scheme of the women's tl1 would look great for the men's jersey too?

No, I think it looks lovely too!
  • fuel2000 wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks the grey with pink stripe colour scheme of the women's tl1 would look great for the men's jersey too?

I'd buy one...or two :D
  • Torm
    Me and Al thought so too, and the red/black combinations...but we wanted to give the ladies exclusivity on some colour combinations at the start.
  • Torm
    Just got my new LS T8 in blue; as always, excellent quality, and I really like the new, larger pockets.

If I have one regret, it's not ordering a couple more SS jerseys (I'm thinking T7 in blue); I've recently started commuting by bike every day, and my wardrobe currently only contains two SS jerseys. If you count only the Torm ones; I've got loads of cheap synthetic jerseys from Aldi, Ebay etc, but I *much* prefer to wear the Torm ones - more comfortable, plus they can be worn more than once or twice before needing a trip through the washing machine.

Do you have blue T7s with the new, bigger pockets?
    Not yet I don't I'm afraid. I now have all the long sleeve available in the bigger pocket size but it will take a while to get to the short sleeves.
  • Torm
    plus they can be worn more than once or twice before needing a trip through the washing machine.

did you say 6 or 7 times? :wink:
    ...the current record is 18 days...although I wasn't there to witness it !
  • Torm
    menthel wrote:
    Already bagged and will ship today.
  • menthel
    Torm wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Lovely! It will only be my 5th one of your jerseys! ;)
    RIP commute...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,673
    Torm wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Has my wife ordered my birthday present yet? She asked for your URL again yesterday and I think she's cutting it fine for Saturday.
    I don't really expect an answer, that would be cheating. It would be impressive if I guess the colours through the wrapping paper.
    ...yes...she must really love you!
    I guess she doesn't as she didn't get me one* :cry:
    but, my parents did. :D

* She did get me some ridiculously expensive sunglasses though.
  • Torm
    xixang wrote:
    I use the same fabric for all of my products...it's 165-170gsm...I believe in simple and layering. At this time of year because the weather is variable I sometimes wear a ss and sometimes a long sleeve. In deep winter I sometimes wear both ! Does that help ?
  • Torm
    menthel wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Lovely! It will only be my 5th one of your jerseys! ;)
    I know...a lot of red and black in that collection of yours...apart from the yellow/black T2! I think if I did a red/black or black/red jersey it'd be 6 in your collection !

Thanks for your support.
  • Fingerbobs wrote:
    fuel2000 wrote:

I'd buy one...or two :D

I would as well! Beautiful!