Torm

Brian1
Brian1 Posts: 595
edited August 2017 in Road general
Tryin to log on to Torm website but getting message unable to connect to server. Hope they haven't gone belly up. Anyone else able to log on?

Comments

• kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Hope it is just a minor glitch, I have 3 of their jerseys and love them. Always good to support a small British firm IMO
  • Technical problems only. Still very much in business
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    @tormcycling message on twitter advising site has gone a bit wobbly.

Top guys with a great product - just be patient and you will be delighted when your jersey arrives.
  • IanRCarter
    IanRCarter Posts: 217
    I have one of their jerseys and they were kind enough to throw in a pair of arm warmers after they accidentally sent the wrong size. Top products, top service. I make a habit of dropping their name into the conversation when somebody goes on about Rapha.
  • kingstonian
    IanRCarter wrote:
    I have one of their jerseys and they were kind enough to throw in a pair of arm warmers after they accidentally sent the wrong size. Top products, top service. I make a habit of dropping their name into the conversation when somebody goes on about Rapha.

Yep, I do the same.

Had nothing but great service from the guys at Torm. Like the design of their jerseys too.
  • tomhowells
    tomhowells Posts: 171
    Can't say enough good things about Torm - recommend them to everyone I know. Even non-cyclists.
    Boardman 8.9 SLR - Summer
    Holdsworth La Quelda - Commuter
    Moda Intro - Winter
    Planet X Stealth - TT
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    I've got 3 s/s and 1 l/s jerseys from Torm. Love them. The quality is excellent and the material very wearable.
  • IanRCarter wrote:

Considering the sportwool jersey now makes up a tiny proportion of Rapha's product line, bringing their name up when talking about Torm is a bit pointless.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Brilliant company & products, and the web site is back up

A bit of feedback as I know the guys read these forums: With the current shift in fashion to larger smartphones it would be good if you could increase the size of the zipped 'valuables' pockets.

My old iPhone 4s fitted very nicely, but the newer 5s is a real struggle to cram in. I bet Samsung users might have even worse problems.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    philwint wrote:

A bit of feedback as I know the guys read these forums: With the current shift in fashion to larger smartphones it would be good if you could increase the size of the zipped 'valuables' pockets.

My old iPhone 4s fitted very nicely, but the newer 5s is a real struggle to cram in. I bet Samsung users might have even worse problems.

...and strengthening the stitching where the pockets meet the back of the jersey would be my feedback as well - my other half has had to employ her seamstress talents to two of my short sleeve jerseys as they were coming apart in this area.
    Other than this - really nice jerseys, simple and elegant.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    ...and strengthening the stitching where the pockets meet the back of the jersey would be my feedback as well - my other half has had to employ her seamstress talents to two of my short sleeve jerseys as they were coming apart in this area.

I have a small tear there on my most worn jersey as well - but I think it's related to my phone issue as i wore it without any problems for over a year until I got my new phone. My theory is all the pulling and stretching i do to zip up the pocket is over stressing the stitching at the top where it meets the jersey.
  • navrig2
    philwint wrote:

Other than this - really nice jerseys, simple and elegant.

I had the same problem with my l/s jersey and have yet to implement a repair. That jersey was bought early last year.

I bought two new s/s jerseys two weeks ago and compared the stitching and it looks as though they have added some strengthening to the connection point. I haven't worn these jerseys yet.

I agree with the comments on the size of the zip pockets however even if it fitted I wouldn't store my HTC phone in the zip pocket. There is too much of a risk of a pressure point from anything stored in the pocket behind. My phone goes in its leather slide case in a sandwich bag in the middle pocket. I keep the zip pockets for bank cards and cash.

Overall the pockets could be a bit bigger but that would encourage you to carry more causing more strain on the stitching.....
  • kingstonian
    Only thing I would add to their jerseys is a pump holder. I've just stitched some elastic inside one of them to hold a pump - will see if that does the trick. Would happily pay a couple of quid more for the jersey to come with it. Other than that I'm a very happy shopper.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Great jerseys, I have three of them, the only gripe being the size of the pockets, but quality wise, very hard to fault. Recommended!
  • So apart from the crap stitching, too small zipped pockets, lack of pump holders etc they are the best thing since sliced bread!?

Please tell me they have a headphone hole in the pocket?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • So apart from the crap stitching, too small zipped pockets, lack of pump holders etc they are the best thing since sliced bread!?

Plus mine bobbled a bit after around 4 months of use...and the 'sportswool' they use isn't the same as Rapha despite what the torm fanatics on here say. It smells after one ride, not like a cheap polyester jersey but still, totally unlike the rapha version (which is also warmer in the cold, possibly better in the heat though I cant directly compare with torm due to having the torm long sleeved jersey ;) and an order of magnitude more comfortable against the skin - thats where the price difference comes from...as well as having to design their own products ;) )

Great for the price, would recommend them, but understand they are made to a price point like everything.
  • navrig2
    So apart from the crap stitching, too small zipped pockets, lack of pump holders etc they are the best thing since sliced bread!?

Yes they do but you shouldn't be using it........ :wink:

Plus mine bobbled a bit after around 4 months of use...and the 'sportswool' they use isn't the same as Rapha despite what the torm fanatics on here say. It smells after one ride, not like a cheap polyester jersey but still, totally unlike the rapha version (which is also warmer in the cold, possibly better in the heat though I cant directly compare with torm due to having the torm long sleeved jersey ;) and an order of magnitude more comfortable against the skin - thats where the price difference comes from...as well as having to design their own products ;) )

Great for the price, would recommend them, but understand they are made to a price point like everything.

I can't compare against the Rapha material but the Torm sportswool feels and wears/hangs better than the man-made fabirics used in the pro-jerseys (or at least the versions I have bought). If a Garmin team jersey sells for, say, £50 and a Torm £55 then I'll take the Torm every time. Not sure I'd extend that to £100+ for the Rapha, simply due to price.
  • Navrig2 wrote:

I can't compare against the Rapha material but the Torm sportswool feels and wears/hangs better than the man-made fabirics used in the pro-jerseys (or at least the versions I have bought). If a Garmin team jersey sells for, say, £50 and a Torm £55 then I'll take the Torm every time. Not sure I'd extend that to £100+ for the Rapha, simply due to price.

Yeah I'd agree with this, and I'd recommend them over synthetic fabrics every time.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Just to let you know me and Al do closely follow the great debates on here regarding our products and we act on all the comments both good and bad which allow us to further develop our products. It's important to us to respect the forum and to stay within the forum rules so we won't always input into a debate (although we are always itching too !) unless we are specifically asked to comment, so feel free to ask away :D
  • Torm wrote:
    Just to let you know me and Al do closely follow the great debates on here regarding our products and we act on all the comments both good and bad which allow us to further develop our products. It's important to us to respect the forum and to stay within the forum rules so we won't always input into a debate (although we are always itching too !) unless we are specifically asked to comment, so feel free to ask away :D

You bumping the thread? Cheeky... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Torm wrote:

I'll happily help market your company around Cambridge by wearing a free jersey and spread the name around. Lots of cyclists in my building, with some fairly deep pockets! If you're interested, PM me ;)
  • I'll happily help market your company around Cambridge by wearing a free jersey and spread the name around. Lots of cyclists in my building, with some fairly deep pockets! If you're interested, PM me ;)

That's even more cheeky... :mrgreen:
  • On a more serious note, I do own one Torm jersey, which I like, but I use my rear pockets a lot and Torm pockets are too shallow (the side ones) or too narrow (the middle one)... as a result I can't carry the stuff I'd want to carry. If you change the pocket design to something more substantial, I'd definitively buy more...
  • Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    These products sound like good stuff to me. I rather like the idea of supporting a UK clothing company, do you by chance ship to the states? I have used other UK companies for kit and parts, a new source for kit is always welcome. thanks in advance, sirs.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    On a more serious note, I do own one Torm jersey, which I like, but I use my rear pockets a lot and Torm pockets are too shallow (the side ones) or too narrow (the middle one)... as a result I can't carry the stuff I'd want to carry. If you change the pocket design to something more substantial, I'd definitively buy more...

I'm with Ugo. I have three and love them for comfort and fit. But having started riding tubs over the summer, i found i can't fit my spare in the back pockets, no matter how tightly i bind it. Bit of a shame. I have just been purchased a LS base layer though....no pocket issues there.
  • kingstonian
    I wear your tops, have 3 of them. The only improvement I would ask for is a pump holder/sleeve thingie. Would happily pay an extra quid or two for it if necessary. I put some elastic inside the pocket of one of my tops and it works a treat, but haven't gotten around to doing the others yet.....
  • I wear your tops, have 3 of them. The only improvement I would ask for is a pump holder/sleeve thingie. Would happily pay an extra quid or two for it if necessary. I put some elastic inside the pocket of one of my tops and it works a treat, but haven't gotten around to doing the others yet.....

You mean like the one Rapha do ;-)
  • You mean like the one Rapha do ;-)

Yes, but funny enough the best I own is still the Colomba one... the fabric is richer in wool than Rapha's sportwool and the pockets are just as good... and I paid 50 quid for it...

http://colomba.cc/product_info.php?cPat ... ucts_id=29

I love Rapha stuff, but I can't afford it anymore... :(
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    If you want made in the UK the lusso jersey I have seems pretty good & it was very cheap from merlin
  • You mean like the one Rapha do ;-)

Yes, but funny enough the best I own is still the Colomba one... the fabric is richer in wool than Rapha's sportwool and the pockets are just as good... and I paid 50 quid for it...

http://colomba.cc/product_info.php?cPat ... ucts_id=29

I love Rapha stuff, but I can't afford it anymore... :(

I must admit that I've always loved the light blue one. It's very pleasing to the eye.