Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,420
    I don't suppose you got an order for delivery to Aberdeen today :D
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
    Torm wrote:
    Flasher wrote:
    Which jerseys now have the larger pockets?
    So far I've manage to restock the long sleeve jerseys with the larger pockets, but you'll need to put a comment on your order as I still have stock of the jerseys with normal size pockets.

That's good, I bought a long sleeve a while ago and although I could fit a small windproof into the middle pocket it caused the material on the back to ladder on the stitch lines of the middle pocket which was annoying as it was still new. My slightly later ss Jersey has a reinforced panel where the pockets are stitched and hasn't had this problem.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    ...no sure I can divulge that kind of information on here !
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:
    Flasher wrote:
    Which jerseys now have the larger pockets?
    So far I've manage to restock the long sleeve jerseys with the larger pockets, but you'll need to put a comment on your order as I still have stock of the jerseys with normal size pockets.

That's good, I bought a long sleeve a while ago and although I could fit a small windproof into the middle pocket it caused the material on the back to ladder on the stitch lines of the middle pocket which was annoying as it was still new. My slightly later ss Jersey has a reinforced panel where the pockets are stitched and hasn't had this problem.
    We've been improving the design with every new order that we get in, some more subtle and others like pockets which we be more obvious. The pockets of any new stock are now deeper, with a less acute angle on the top and the zips are wider, this should help accommodate bigger phones and clothing...although we only have so much room to play with though on the back and its also jersey size dependent.
  • bobmcstuff
    Torm wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Haha, that's probably fair - if there is it'll be my birthday present from my mum 8)
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    The weather is looking perfect for Sundays Etape Caledonia........

T2 and arm warmers - might even sneak my unique Torm cap under my helmet :D
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    My two Torms have arrived today thanks. The one I wasn't sure about colour wise the black and yellow T1 is beautiful thanks. The other is very nice as well. Now need to decide whether to wear on the Fred Whitton, I would like my first memory of wearing it to be a happy one.... And that is not going to happen!
  • Torm
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Haha, that's probably fair - if there is it'll be my birthday present from my mum 8)
    ....well I do deliver to Scotland every week so theres no excuse;-)!
  • Torm
    Rollemynot wrote:
    The weather is looking perfect for Sundays Etape Caledonia........

T2 and arm warmers - might even sneak my unique Torm cap under my helmet :D
    ...made with my own fair hands !
  • Torm
    Plodder73 wrote:
    My two Torms have arrived today thanks. The one I wasn't sure about colour wise the black and yellow T1 is beautiful thanks. The other is very nice as well. Now need to decide whether to wear on the Fred Whitton, I would like my first memory of wearing it to be a happy one.... And that is not going to happen!
    ...glad you like them, its always hard to display colours well on a computer...they all show colours differently which doesn't help. I have to say the T1 Black/Yellow is one of my favourites but it's the last season I'm going to do it !
  • bobmcstuff
    My red T11 arrived this morning, looks really great :D

Got a lot of stick for wearing it over my shirt at my desk...
  • Torm
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    My red T11 arrived this morning, looks really great :D

Got a lot of stick for wearing it over my shirt at my desk...
    ...that's the TØRM way !
  • gimpl
    gimpl Posts: 269
    My T11 in blue, white and red turned up the other day too, looks great but haven't worn it yet. Particularly impressed that it was delivered in a day or two and didn't pay for any kind of special postage.

Many thanks
  • timbob67
    timbob67 Posts: 30
    What is the sizing like on the men's short zip & short sleeve jerseys? I'm a 38" chest and 12 and a bit stone. Close fitting would be nice, but I'd not be after a totally skin tight fit.

I'm right at the crossover of M/L, so if they come up tight, I'll go L. If not I wonder if M is the way to go...?
  • bobmcstuff
    I don't know how tall you are - I'm 5'8" and 11 stone but with a 39" chest (so not your typical cyclist build), I was dithering between M and L. Went with L, could have got away with M but L is a comfortable fit, not baggy anywhere but not what you'd call race fit (especially useful to have a slightly larger fit if I want to layer underneath which I usually do in Scotland!)
  • timbob67
    I'm 5'9", so perhaps a medium is the way to go...
  • bobmcstuff
    Yeah that will almost certainly be fine.
  • Torm
    Gimpl wrote:
    My T11 in blue, white and red turned up the other day too, looks great but haven't worn it yet. Particularly impressed that it was delivered in a day or two and didn't pay for any kind of special postage.

Many thanks
    You're welcome, I get stuff out pretty quickly...let me know what you think when you ride in it
  • Torm
    timbob67 wrote:
    What is the sizing like on the men's short zip & short sleeve jerseys? I'm a 38" chest and 12 and a bit stone. Close fitting would be nice, but I'd not be after a totally skin tight fit.

I'm right at the crossover of M/L, so if they come up tight, I'll go L. If not I wonder if M is the way to go...?
    Men's short zip short zip jerseys are about 20" from arm pit to arm pit when they are lying on the ground, the medium is closer to 19". How does that compare to your current jerseys? I'm 5'11 and 12 stone with a 39" chest and 33" waist and the large is a good fit, with or without a base layer...I look a bit scary on the medium!
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    Love these jerseys, just wish there was a couple more colour combinations. Keep up the good work!
  • Torm
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    Love these jerseys, just wish there was a couple more colour combinations. Keep up the good work!
    Me and Al intend to, we currently do 9 different colours in 11 different designs....which is a lot for a small company !

What combinations were you thinking of...for men or women ?
  • 70\ʹspenguin
    70\ʹspenguin Posts: 957
    Torm wrote:
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    Me and Al intend to, we currently do 9 different colours in 11 different designs....which is a lot for a small company !

pink and grey as already discussed. A quarter and full length zip version with big pockets of course ;). (Please),

Oh and can you please keep it simple and classy unlike another well known sport wool producer and major team sponsor who seem to have gone all 80's Athena graphics.
  • tomas60
    tomas60 Posts: 2
    What combinations were you thinking of...for men or women ?[/quote]

pink and grey as already discussed. A quarter and full length zip version with big pockets of course ;). (Please),

Oh and can you please keep it simple and classy unlike another well known sport wool producer and major team sponsor who seem to have gone all 80's Athena graphics.[/quote]

Ottimo !!!
  • timbob67
    Torm wrote:
    timbob67 wrote:

Men's short zip short zip jerseys are about 20" from arm pit to arm pit when they are lying on the ground, the medium is closer to 19". How does that compare to your current jerseys? I'm 5'11 and 12 stone with a 39" chest and 33" waist and the large is a good fit, with or without a base layer...I look a bit scary on the medium!

I think I'll be a large. I have a large Prendas/Santini Jersey which measures about 20" armpit to armpit. I'm a fairly similar build - 5'9", 12 and a bit stone, 38 chest and 33/34 waist.

Thanks for the help - birthday present order shortly to be incoming, please don't sell out of large T2 jerseys in red...!
  • Torm
    timbob67 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    timbob67 wrote:

I think I'll be a large. I have a large Prendas/Santini Jersey which measures about 20" armpit to armpit. I'm a fairly similar build - 5'9", 12 and a bit stone, 38 chest and 33/34 waist.

Thanks for the help - birthday present order shortly to be incoming, please don't sell out of large T2 jerseys in red...!
    I've got good stock of that jersey right now but I'll put one aside for you just in case.
  • Torm
    tomas60 wrote:

Oh and can you please keep it simple and classy unlike another well known sport wool producer and major team sponsor who seem to have gone all 80's Athena graphics.[/quote]

Ottimo !!![/quote]
    I need to give the ladies a bit of exclusivity on those colours for a while...they've waited a while for their own jerseys!

I'll always keep it simple and understated, if you create a big company you have to make lots of changes to keep people interested and justify the price tag, if you're deliberately small you can keep it subtle...so no weird colours/colour combinations, polka dots or fancy words for Polyester!
  • timbob67
    Torm wrote:
    timbob67 wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    timbob67 wrote:

I've got good stock of that jersey right now but I'll put one aside for you just in case.

Amazing, thank you :)
  • gimpl
    gimpl Posts: 269
    Torm wrote:
    Gimpl wrote:

Many thanks
    You're welcome, I get stuff out pretty quickly...let me know what you think when you ride in it

So used it for the first time yesterday. Bigger zipped pockets are really good. Can now get my iphone 5 in there leaving room in the 'main' pocket for food etc.

This is now my third Torm top, what I find amazing is that I can use them on really hot summer days but also on days like yesterday when there was quite a chilly breeze in the morning; all I had on underneath was a mesh vest and body temp was great, my arms and face were quite cold though !
  • bobmcstuff
    I can't get my HTC One M8 into the zipped pockets but that doesn't really bother me as I have always been happy with it in a ziplock bag in the middle pocket on all my other jerseys. The zipped pockets are great for keys though.

I had to wash mine today, turns out merino wool isn't completely impervious to smell (70km, 65km and 110km ride in it... Probably should have washed it after the second one...)

Would echo the comment about it being surprisingly versatile temperature-wise.
  • Torm
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    I can't get my HTC One M8 into the zipped pockets but that doesn't really bother me as I have always been happy with it in a ziplock bag in the middle pocket on all my other jerseys. The zipped pockets are great for keys though.

I had to wash mine today, turns out merino wool isn't completely impervious to smell (70km, 65km and 110km ride in it... Probably should have washed it after the second one...)

Would echo the comment about it being surprisingly versatile temperature-wise.
    Thanks for the feedback, the HTC One M8 should fit in the new size zipped pockets in all sizes from small upwards as its smaller than the iPhone 6 but I'll have another check to be sure.

I use an iPhone 4 still (I know I'm out of touch !) and I always use a ziplock bag in the right hand size cargo pocket as its easier to get out.