Torm

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Really good to see a supplier actively engaging and listening to customers.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Philly8mt wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Philly8mt wrote:
    Question ... May be a silly one!

I also try and avoid the dreaded saddle bag.

I have been using the Lezyne caddy sack containing two inner tubes, levers, puncture repair and mini tool, Rapha essentials case containing money, phone and keys in another pocket and rain jacket or gilet and pump in the other.

I've been following the debate re pockets ... Do I wait for the bigger pockets to arrive on the T7 or should the existing pockets do the trick?

Anyone?
    What size jersey do you normally take ?

Sadly .... Looking at ya sizing I'm XL
    The pockets on the XL are generally pretty big, its the smaller sizes where there's less area for pockets that there have been stuffing issues !
    I've got a sample sale at Mosquito Bikes in London later this week, I'm certain there is a T8 in Blue/White with the larger pockets in the sale at £19.99 (it's labelled a Large but is closer to an XL which is why its in the sale).
  • Torm
    menthel wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Right, spoke to the EPO about this thread and your stuff. She said it sounded expensive, told her the prices and she said to try it. Now I just have to decide what I want. Are all the jerseys, long and short sleeved, the same weight of cloth? What about the base layers. So much to choose from, hope you're right and it works for me.
    Don't mind the smaller pockets I have a fugly saddle bag.

Why don't you pop at mine, pick up those fuxxing tyres that you were supposed to pick up over Christmas and try out my T8 medium, so you have a better idea which size works for you? If you like snug fit you might actually be a medium rather than large...

My long sleeves are large so you can try mine if the medium does not work out. Happy to meet up!

I have ls, ss and a ls base and love them all. I have been happy in my ls with a gore base and a warm gilet in all but the few days with starts in the minus temperatures. They really are very comfy and the pockets have been fine for me so far but the changes make them sound even better! Shame I have enough to keep me going and that they last so well as otherwise I would have got a couple more with the new pockets.
    The new pockets wont be available for a little while as they will slowly be fed into stock. Thanks for letting me know they are lasting well, I still wear mine from 2010...ones I dont even sell any more !
  • Torm
    Bigger pockets? Woohoo!
    Here's are some picture of the new pockets in a large T8 jersey, hopefully you can see all the pockets are bigger, especially the zipped ones to accomodate the latest phones http://www.sportive.com/trm-t8-jersey/5 ... sey-review
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Torm wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Right, spoke to the EPO about this thread and your stuff. She said it sounded expensive, told her the prices and she said to try it. Now I just have to decide what I want. Are all the jerseys, long and short sleeved, the same weight of cloth? What about the base layers. So much to choose from, hope you're right and it works for me.
    Don't mind the smaller pockets I have a fugly saddle bag.

Why don't you pop at mine, pick up those fuxxing tyres that you were supposed to pick up over Christmas and try out my T8 medium, so you have a better idea which size works for you? If you like snug fit you might actually be a medium rather than large...

My long sleeves are large so you can try mine if the medium does not work out. Happy to meet up!

I have ls, ss and a ls base and love them all. I have been happy in my ls with a gore base and a warm gilet in all but the few days with starts in the minus temperatures. They really are very comfy and the pockets have been fine for me so far but the changes make them sound even better! Shame I have enough to keep me going and that they last so well as otherwise I would have got a couple more with the new pockets.
    The new pockets wont be available for a little while as they will slowly be fed into stock. Thanks for letting me know they are lasting well, I still wear mine from 2010...ones I dont even sell any more !

Will be a while before I buy anymore- am on the ls base at the moment given its absolutely perishing and its so comfy and works nicely with my Espresso Due jacket.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Torm wrote:
    Philly8mt wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Philly8mt wrote:
    Question ... May be a silly one!

I also try and avoid the dreaded saddle bag.

I have been using the Lezyne caddy sack containing two inner tubes, levers, puncture repair and mini tool, Rapha essentials case containing money, phone and keys in another pocket and rain jacket or gilet and pump in the other.

I've been following the debate re pockets ... Do I wait for the bigger pockets to arrive on the T7 or should the existing pockets do the trick?

Anyone?
    What size jersey do you normally take ?

Sadly .... Looking at ya sizing I'm XL
    The pockets on the XL are generally pretty big, its the smaller sizes where there's less area for pockets that there have been stuffing issues !
    I've got a sample sale at Mosquito Bikes in London later this week, I'm certain there is a T8 in Blue/White with the larger pockets in the sale at £19.99 (it's labelled a Large but is closer to an XL which is why its in the sale).

Thanks for the reply .... I've been looking at the T7 in red as it happens. I'll drop my order in soon :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • Not sure if this thread is still being checked but I'm ordering a Torm jersey in the next few days and had a query re: sizing.

I want it to be a race jersey fit and wear a large in Etxeondo and Champ System and a medium in santini to achieve the same effect. I'm tall and skinny, basically. What size do you reckon in Torm?

Also, I assume shipping to Belgium is no problem?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • gimpl
    gimpl Posts: 269
    Dear Mr Torm

Any idea when you will have the T11 Jersey - Blue White and Red - XXL available please?

Thanks
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    I wouldn't rely on this thread to get answers.

Either call the shop and have a chat - they are really friendly and helpful
    or
    use the "contact us" link on their website.
  • Veronese nicked my Torm T8... :shock:
    left the forum March 2023
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,673
    Veronese nicked my Torm T8... :shock:
    :mrgreen:
    I think you're right, doesn't seem to have caused a reaction. I'll wash it and drop it back to you soon, thank you.
  • Just received my T8 great service and great jersey would recommend.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Anyone know if you can machine wash sport wool in a regular wash cycle or does it need handwashing etc?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,302
    Moonbiker wrote:
    Anyone know if you can machine wash sport wool in a regular wash cycle or does it need handwashing etc?

Of course you can... just don't go crazy with the temperature
    left the forum March 2023
  • Torm
    Not sure if this thread is still being checked but I'm ordering a Torm jersey in the next few days and had a query re: sizing.

I want it to be a race jersey fit and wear a large in Etxeondo and Champ System and a medium in santini to achieve the same effect. I'm tall and skinny, basically. What size do you reckon in Torm?

Also, I assume shipping to Belgium is no problem?
    Email me on mail@torm.cc and I'll sort out sizing for you based on your current jerseys, and of course shipping to Belgium is not a problem, Belgium is closer to us that London!
  • Torm
    Moonbiker wrote:
    Its best to wash it at 30C using non-biological washing powder and no fabric softer, both of which remove the anti bacterial properties of the wool.
  • Torm
    Just received my T8 great service and great jersey would recommend.
    Thanks !
  • Torm
    Gimpl wrote:
    Dear Mr Torm

Any idea when you will have the T11 Jersey - Blue White and Red - XXL available please?

Thanks
    Being made as we speak...due in April I would say...email me and I'll put you down for one.
  • Torm
    Navrig2 wrote:
    I wouldn't rely on this thread to get answers.

Either call the shop and have a chat - they are really friendly and helpful
    or
    use the "contact us" link on their website.
    Thanks...yes that's the best way, I do try to follow these threads as much as I can but it is just me and Al at Torm!
  • Torm
    Just getting the first jerseys through with the larger rear pockets. Have started with the long sleeve jerseys (T5/T8) so if you particularly want the new larger pockets then put a comment on your T5/T8 order indicating that and let me know what you think when they arrive.
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Took the plunge on a T1 red and it arrived yesterday....I'm delighted.

Wore it on an extended commute home to test it out and its up there with a couple of other jerseys I have at twice the price - and I much prefer the Torms styling.

To the Torm team - guys, just wondering if there are any plans in the pipeline for a slightly heavier windproof winter jersey or even a jacket? Considering the great job you are doing with the current jerseys and the reasonable prices, id love to see the range expand - id be first in the queue!
  • IanRCarter
    IanRCarter Posts: 217
    Is there a sizing difference between long and short sleeve (other than the one having longer sleeves!)? I've seen various comments with some saying the LS is more roomy and others saying they are identical, so wanted clarification. I'm looking to order a LS jersey, I have a full zip SS in medium, it fits but can bunch a bit at the front when on the bike and I feel I could get away with a small for a more 'race' fit.

Alternatively, could I order both sizes and return the one I don't want after trying them on?
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    IanRCarter wrote:
    Is there a sizing difference between long and short sleeve (other than the one having longer sleeves!)? I've seen various comments with some saying the LS is more roomy and others saying they are identical, so wanted clarification. I'm looking to order a LS jersey, I have a full zip SS in medium, it fits but can bunch a bit at the front when on the bike and I feel I could get away with a small for a more 'race' fit.

Alternatively, could I order both sizes and return the one I don't want after trying them on?

I have both long (T5) and short sleeve (T1 & T2) Torm jersey's, and the LS is just as snug on me as the (size small) short sleeve versions, if this helps?
  • Torm
    IanRCarter wrote:

The full zip jerseys do have a little more room than the short zip jerseys, but all the long zip jerseys should have a very similar sizing. The short zip jerseys are cut a little more snug. Anything with a full zip will bunch when on a bike unless the fit is very close (body fit!). If you feel the medium is not tight enough then size down to a small (approx. 19" from arm pit to arm pit) assuming you'll be wearing the same amount of clothing under it. If you want to order both and return one then please go ahead...as you know by now me and Al are pretty relaxed about things.
  • Torm
    bsharp77 wrote:
    Took the plunge on a T1 red and it arrived yesterday....I'm delighted.

Wore it on an extended commute home to test it out and its up there with a couple of other jerseys I have at twice the price - and I much prefer the Torms styling.

To the Torm team - guys, just wondering if there are any plans in the pipeline for a slightly heavier windproof winter jersey or even a jacket? Considering the great job you are doing with the current jerseys and the reasonable prices, id love to see the range expand - id be first in the queue!
    Thanks for the kind words, me and Al have plans to focus on jerseys, base layers, the local bike shop we run and cycling...don't want anything to get in the way of these. Send me a photo and I'll put it up on the site !
  • anjasola
    anjasola Posts: 145
    Ordered a T8 late on Thurday night arrived this morning, fantastic product and fantastic service.
    Thank you Torm.
  • JC78DSL99
    JC78DSL99 Posts: 94
    I've got a T1 and fancy one of the long sleeve jerseys - is there any difference (in thickness) in the T5 & T8 or is it just the style?
  • Torm
    JC78DSL99 wrote:
    I've got a T1 and fancy one of the long sleeve jerseys - is there any difference (in thickness) in the T5 & T8 or is it just the style?
    Its the same fabric, we believe in keeping things simple and layering up.

The long zip jerseys have a little more room than the short zip jerseys so let me know if you need any help with sizing.
  • Torm
    anjasola wrote:
    Ordered a T8 late on Thurday night arrived this morning, fantastic product and fantastic service.
    Thank you Torm.
    You're welcome...north of the border in 24 hrs is pretty good going !
  • JC78DSL99
    JC78DSL99 Posts: 94
    Torm wrote:
    JC78DSL99 wrote:
    Its the same fabric, we believe in keeping things simple and layering up.

The long zip jerseys have a little more room than the short zip jerseys so let me know if you need any help with sizing.

My T1 is medium and fits perfect with a thin base layer so I was thinking of staying with medium to allow for a thicker merino base layer. I like a close fit so would I be better with small?