Torm

Comments

• borisface wrote:
    Have you tried a carradice Ugo?

I did buy something from Carradice once, can't remember what but it wasn't anything special.
    Anyway... I am really over saddle bags, I can't even stand seeing them anymore, they are ugly as a sin
    left the forum March 2023
  • white91
    white91 Posts: 431
    Flasher wrote:
    white91 wrote:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-bike-bag-i-08-litre/

Mine has survived a few trans-continental trips, and off roading

Good for you, but not everyone wants to ugly up their nice road bike, bigger pockets are always better IMO, and I'm pleased that the guys at Torm have listened, I will buy one once the pocket thing is implemented.

@Torm, could you let us know when they are in stock?

deuter-bikebag-I-12-med.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

Yuk :lol:

Better than a sweet looking bike that's broken on the side of the road because your cant take out what you need!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,673
    borisface wrote:

I did buy something from Carradice once, can't remember what but it wasn't anything special.
    Anyway... I am really over saddle bags, I can't even stand seeing them anymore, they are ugly as a sin
    Good job I'm never in front of you on a ride then. :mrgreen:
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    borisface wrote:
    Have to say I have both torm and rapha jerseys and prefer the torm as the sleeves on the ss are slightly longer so better to wear with armwarmers.

The pockets are a bit on the tight side though but I like the double zips. Keep up the good work Torm guys.

Yep...thats what we hard so we are making them bigger!
  • Torm
    Flasher wrote:
    white91 wrote:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-bike-bag-i-08-litre/

Mine has survived a few trans-continental trips, and off roading

Good for you, but not everyone wants to ugly up their nice road bike, bigger pockets are always better IMO, and I'm pleased that the guys at Torm have listened, I will buy one once the pocket thing is implemented.

@Torm, could you let us know when they are in stock?

deuter-bikebag-I-12-med.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

Yuk :lol:
    I'll start with the long sleeve, was there any particular colours you want me to start with ?
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Torm wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not tried sportwool particularly, but my wife has a merino top and if I'm in contact with it for too long I start to itch then go red. I'm sure she wears wool to keep me away at times.
    I suspect you have a lanolin allergy, this is the natural anti bacterial in wool which stops woolen products (including sheep !) from smelling of body odour, and the main reason why you should only wash woolen products with a swollen detergent and no fabric softener.

I can't wear normal woolen products against my skin, it drives me insane with the irritation from itching rather than producing a rash but as previously stated the fibre size is the key to stopping this for me and merino is the only woolen product I can wear next to my skin.

I am exactly the same, although I've never thought of it as an allergy, more a case of being a soft-ar*e! The Sportwool name could actually put off people like us who are intollerent of 'normal' wool, but it shouldn't because it really is excellent stuff, no discomfort whatsoever. I must admit I was a little hesitant at first, but glad I tried a Torm top years ago - I've since gone on to get more of them and Rapha stuff as well. I've even recently broken my Merino duck - I can feel it on some occasions (especially when running a bit hot), but on the whole the benefits outweigh the occasional negative. Hooray for the Merino sheep!
  • veronese68
    Right, spoke to the EPO about this thread and your stuff. She said it sounded expensive, told her the prices and she said to try it. Now I just have to decide what I want. Are all the jerseys, long and short sleeved, the same weight of cloth? What about the base layers. So much to choose from, hope you're right and it works for me.
    Don't mind the smaller pockets I have a fugly saddle bag.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Right, spoke to the EPO about this thread and your stuff. She said it sounded expensive, told her the prices and she said to try it. Now I just have to decide what I want. Are all the jerseys, long and short sleeved, the same weight of cloth? What about the base layers. So much to choose from, hope you're right and it works for me.

Both the claret and grey T5 jerseys are great IMHO. The pics on the website really don't do them justice :D
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Torm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Yes, we only use one weight of fabric for all of our products because we believe in simplicity and layering up, it's 165 gsm (grams per square metre) which is light enough to work in hotter climates, not everyone runs at the same temperature but a couple of layers will see you though the colder weather. Ive been known to have a base layer, a short sleeve and a long sleeve on when the mercury really drops but then I run cold...Al never has more than 2 on !
    If you need help with sizing just send me an email and I'd be happy to advise as the short zip jerseys have a closer fit than the long zip jerseys.
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not tried sportwool particularly, but my wife has a merino top and if I'm in contact with it for too long I start to itch then go red. I'm sure she wears wool to keep me away at times.
    I suspect you have a lanolin allergy, this is the natural anti bacterial in wool which stops woolen products (including sheep !) from smelling of body odour, and the main reason why you should only wash woolen products with a swollen detergent and no fabric softener.

I can't wear normal woolen products against my skin, it drives me insane with the irritation from itching rather than producing a rash but as previously stated the fibre size is the key to stopping this for me and merino is the only woolen product I can wear next to my skin.

I am exactly the same, although I've never thought of it as an allergy, more a case of being a soft-ar*e! The Sportwool name could actually put off people like us who are intollerent of 'normal' wool, but it shouldn't because it really is excellent stuff, no discomfort whatsoever. I must admit I was a little hesitant at first, but glad I tried a Torm top years ago - I've since gone on to get more of them and Rapha stuff as well. I've even recently broken my Merino duck - I can feel it on some occasions (especially when running a bit hot), but on the whole the benefits outweigh the occasional negative. Hooray for the Merino sheep!
    I've tried pure Merino base layers from other companies, very good products but I agree with you, when I get warm I felt them too...and they are a little more fragile that SportWool.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Torm wrote:
    I'll start with the long sleeve, was there any particular colours you want me to start with ?

T5, claret and grey please.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Hats off the lads at Torm for being so engaging. I'm off to have a look at your range of jerseys!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Veronese68 wrote:

Why don't you pop at mine, pick up those fuxxing tyres that you were supposed to pick up over Christmas and try out my T8 medium, so you have a better idea which size works for you? If you like snug fit you might actually be a medium rather than large...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Torm
    Flasher wrote:
    Torm wrote:

T5, claret and grey please.
    I'll see if I can get a few made up sharpish...leave it with me and I'll get back to you.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

Why don't you pop at mine, pick up those fuxxing tyres that you were supposed to pick up over Christmas and try out my T8 medium, so you have a better idea which size works for you? If you like snug fit you might actually be a medium rather than large...
    That would be great. Can I pop round one evening next week? I'll send you an email rather than boring everyone on here.
  • btiratsoo
    btiratsoo Posts: 204
    On the basis of this thread I'll be ordering a black T3 Jersey as soon as pay day rolls round (tomorrow).

Ben
  • 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    Ordered a T3 in Claret yesterday
  • Torm
    1986sv wrote:
    ...on it's way up there already !
  • Torm
    btiratsoo wrote:
    On the basis of this thread I'll be ordering a black T3 Jersey as soon as pay day rolls round (tomorrow).

Ben
    ...no rush...we'll be here for a long time !
  • 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    Torm wrote:
    1986sv wrote:
    ...on it's way up there already !

Sweet! Nice one fellas
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Question ... May be a silly one!

I also try and avoid the dreaded saddle bag.

I have been using the Lezyne caddy sack containing two inner tubes, levers, puncture repair and mini tool, Rapha essentials case containing money, phone and keys in another pocket and rain jacket or gilet and pump in the other.

I've been following the debate re pockets ... Do I wait for the bigger pockets to arrive on the T7 or should the existing pockets do the trick?

Anyone?
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I really don't like this thread. I'm sure the Torm stuff is good quality and the prices are reasonable, I'd love to try it. Unfortunately I have an allergy to wool and every time I read this thread it pisses me off. :oops:[/quote

Happy to lend you one of mine so you can see if you react to it or not. Just let me know and if you want I can drop one round to you.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Other Torm question for the females and V68, how is the fit for females as they don't have specific cuts
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I really don't like this thread. I'm sure the Torm stuff is good quality and the prices are reasonable, I'd love to try it. Unfortunately I have an allergy to wool and every time I read this thread it pisses me off. :oops:

Happy to lend you one of mine so you can see if you react to it or not. Just let me know and if you want I can drop one round to you.
    Thanks, I've got to pop round to Ugo's to pick up some tyres anyway. But returning one to you would be a lot easier. I'll give you a shout.
    sa0u, I'll let you know. Do you want the cup size of my moobs? I'm still not sending you any pictures of me in cycling kit though.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    it's ok, you know the others would only get jealous. but otherwise it remains a serious question for one of the girls in the club.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Torm
    sa0u823e wrote:
    it's ok, you know the others would only get jealous. but otherwise it remains a serious question for one of the girls in the club.
    SportWool is very stretchy and so will adpapt to all shapes and sizes.
    I do already have a ladies range ready for release (3 jerseys in 2 different colour combinations) but I'm holding out till the Spring to release them. I just sent a bunch of ladies samples up to Mosquito Bikes in London.
  • Torm
    Philly8mt wrote:

I have been using the Lezyne caddy sack containing two inner tubes, levers, puncture repair and mini tool, Rapha essentials case containing money, phone and keys in another pocket and rain jacket or gilet and pump in the other.

I've been following the debate re pockets ... Do I wait for the bigger pockets to arrive on the T7 or should the existing pockets do the trick?

Anyone?
    What size jersey do you normally take ?
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Veronese68 wrote:

My long sleeves are large so you can try mine if the medium does not work out. Happy to meet up!

I have ls, ss and a ls base and love them all. I have been happy in my ls with a gore base and a warm gilet in all but the few days with starts in the minus temperatures. They really are very comfy and the pockets have been fine for me so far but the changes make them sound even better! Shame I have enough to keep me going and that they last so well as otherwise I would have got a couple more with the new pockets.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Torm wrote:
    Philly8mt wrote:

Anyone?
    What size jersey do you normally take ?

Sadly .... Looking at ya sizing I'm XL
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • Bigger pockets? Woohoo!