Torm

Comments

• Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    MrSweary wrote:
    Just to throw a spanner in the works I have no probs with the pockets. HTC M8 goes in a waterproof travel wallet (with keys, cash and card) and into a side pocket. Mini pump and one tube go in the other side along with a tool. Second tube and food go in the middle pocket along with arm or leg warmers - waterproofs I have no use for. You lot need to leave the make-up bag and spare panties behind and you'd have no problem :wink:
    Which pocket do you keep the spanner in ;-)
  • Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    So, you want higher side pockets and a wider middle pocket, have I got that right? Do you use any storage on your bike?

Yes, you got it right and no, I've given up on saddle bags, hence I need large pockets

Can you draw me a picture of what you want?

No need for a picture, wouldn't know how to upland one... it's pretty simple: the side pockets need to be an inch taller or so and the middle one needs somehow to be more roomy, so that I can fit a rolled up showerproof coat. Basically what Rapha and Colomba offer in terms of pocket size is good enough for me
    left the forum March 2023
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Torm - I can manage with the pockets of the size they are now, if they were a little bigger then fine.

Great to hear you are using stronger stitching to remedy previous issues.

I did mention earlier about a pump sleeve in a pocket, and how if it were an option I'd happily pay for it.

I really commend you for your business, I really like the way the two of you are making good quality clothing at reasonable prices.
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    So, you want higher side pockets and a wider middle pocket, have I got that right? Do you use any storage on your bike?

Yes, you got it right and no, I've given up on saddle bags, hence I need large pockets

No need for a picture, wouldn't know how to upland one... it's pretty simple: the side pockets need to be an inch taller or so and the middle one needs somehow to be more roomy, so that I can fit a rolled up showerproof coat. Basically what Rapha and Colomba offer in terms of pocket size is good enough for me
    Our jerseys have different pocket sizes based on the size of the jersey, what size Torm jersey do you have? I'm in London a fair bit, how about we meet up and we can discuss what would suit you, then I can take the design away and make some samples ?
  • Torm
    Torm - I can manage with the pockets of the size they are now, if they were a little bigger then fine.

I did mention earlier about a pump sleeve in a pocket, and how if it were an option I'd happily pay for it.

I really commend you for your business, I really like the way the two of you are making good quality clothing at reasonable prices.
    We thought hard about the pump holder, if fact back in 2010 we had some samples made up with it in there...but we decided against it at the time. Let me talk to Al about it.
  • Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:

Our jerseys have different pocket sizes based on the size of the jersey, what size Torm jersey do you have? I'm in London a fair bit, how about we meet up and we can discuss what would suit you, then I can take the design away and make some samples ?

Medium...
    sure... we should go for a ride too
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:

Medium...
    Sounds good, I'll do some measuring when I'm back in the shop on Monday and I'll let you know what the current sizes are. Then we can meet up and discuss, I can be free most days.
    Anyone else up for a catch up in London to talk about pockets!?!
  • Torm wrote:

With or without ride? Do you have a cyclocross bike? I could put together a fun day out with an extended coffee break to discuss pockets and stuff...
  • kingstonian
    Torm wrote:

We thought hard about the pump holder, if fact back in 2010 we had some samples made up with it in there...but we decided against it at the time. Let me talk to Al about it.

Excellent, thank you !!!'
  • kingstonian
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:

Medium...
    Sounds good, I'll do some measuring when I'm back in the shop on Monday and I'll let you know what the current sizes are. Then we can meet up and discuss, I can be free most days.

If you are going for a ride then I'll happily come along
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    I sadly won't be joining the ride, but I would like to comment that I am impressed by the lengths Torm is going to regarding feedback and customers' requirements - bravo, sir; bravo!
  • Toe knee
    Toe knee Posts: 525
    What a brilliant thread, chapeau to torm.
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:

With or without ride? Do you have a cyclocross bike? I could put together a fun day out with an extended coffee break to discuss pockets and stuff...
    Sure I do...although I use it mainly for dirty commutes...cyclocross looks too much like hard work for me!
  • Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:

Sure I do...although I use it mainly for dirty commutes...cyclocross looks too much like hard work for me!

I wasn't planning on jumping barriers, more like jumping on a bridleway to avoid a stretch of main road... this time of the year it's a bit harder skinny tyres on soft ground.

I can arrange a "Torm ride" starting from south west London, depending where it's convenient for you (Richmond Park has free car park and pretty empty Mon-Fri) or a station like Clapham Junction if you come by train.

Nothing legendary, 2-3 hours on the bike and an extended coffee break to discuss jerseys. Ideally with biggish tyres, but if the majority prefer road only, then so be it. Friday mornings probably best
  • I've got a t5 long sleeve jersey in large, fit is really good apart from the arms are not long enough, zip pockets are not big enough for my HTC one.
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:

I wasn't planning on jumping barriers, more like jumping on a bridleway to avoid a stretch of main road... this time of the year it's a bit harder skinny tyres on soft ground.

I can arrange a "Torm ride" starting from south west London, depending where it's convenient for you (Richmond Park has free car park and pretty empty Mon-Fri) or a station like Clapham Junction if you come by train.

Nothing legendary, 2-3 hours on the bike and an extended coffee break to discuss jerseys. Ideally with biggish tyres, but if the majority prefer road only, then so be it. Friday mornings probably best
    That would work for me...happy to get the train up but will be restricted on what time I can take the bike on the train...lets see who wants to join us.
  • Torm
    fuel2000 wrote:
    I've got a t5 long sleeve jersey in large, fit is really good apart from the arms are not long enough, zip pockets are not big enough for my HTC one.
    Have you tried putting the HTC in the pocket in portrait mode ?
  • Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:

That would work for me...happy to get the train up but will be restricted on what time I can take the bike on the train...lets see who wants to join us.

OK, tomorrow I'll open a thread in the rides section. Tentatively 14th or 21st of November?
  • left the forum March 2023
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Torm wrote:
    giant man wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Just to let you know me and Al do closely follow the great debates on here regarding our products and we act on all the comments both good and bad which allow us to further develop our products. It's important to us to respect the forum and to stay within the forum rules so we won't always input into a debate (although we are always itching too !) unless we are specifically asked to comment, so feel free to ask away :D

You bumping the thread? Cheeky... :wink:

It's good to let people know that we listen, I think people would like to know that
    Well OK then, so MAKE YOUR POCKETS BIGGER!!!!!
    .....I HEAR YOU....what size Torm jersey do you have?
    Medium in a summer jersey and Large in your winter long sleeved
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    So is the newly formed Torm sponsored jersery design ride series being rolled out around the country?

Suggest the next one is south-east Scotland.
  • Navrig2 wrote:
    So is the newly formed Torm sponsored jersery design ride series being rolled out around the country?

Well, we'll see about that one... it appears that to involve people on this forum for a ride you need the presence of a real World Champion... :wink:
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Navrig2 wrote:

a real World Champion... :wink:

Fair enough. Does WC in Dishwasher packing count?
  • Torm
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:

a real World Champion... :wink:

Fair enough. Does WC in Dishwasher packing count?
    ...Id like to think so.
  • Torm
    Navrig2 wrote:

....we're just having a ride and a chat to hopefully answer some questions.
  • Torm
    ...so...158mm x 78mm...is that as big as they are going to get ?
  • Torm wrote:
    ...so...158mm x 78mm...is that as big as they are going to get ?

I should hope so, it's ridiculously massive!
    philwint wrote:
    I've had to fall back on Rapha since I upgraded my iPhone at the beginning of the summer - can't fit a 5c in the Torm pocket comfortably.

Luckily it will be a couple of years before my next upgrade, because I doubt the 6 would even fit in the larger Rapha pocket :(

*yes I am aware this post screams "fashion victim" :shock:

I've got the Davis Phinney jersey and I can just fit a 6, with a headphone jack inserted, at a squeeze into the zipped pocket!
  • Torm
    ...I'm sampling some designs this week...I reckon with these the iPhone 6/Galaxy S5 will fit in the zipped pockets of all the jerseys from small upwards...and even the iPhone 6 plus should fit in the zipped pockets from Large upwards. The iPhone 6 plus will also fit in the centre pocket of all size jerseys...just don't ask about iPads !!!
  • Torm wrote:
    ...I'm sampling some designs this week...I reckon with these the iPhone 6/Galaxy S5 will fit in the zipped pockets of all the jerseys from small upwards...and even the iPhone 6 plus should fit in the zipped pockets from Large upwards. The iPhone 6 plus will also fit in the centre pocket of all size jerseys...just don't ask about iPads !!!

That is one avenue... I am more interested in carrying stuff I actually need to carry, like a light showerproof, a roll of basic tools, a spare tube
  • kingstonian
    Torm wrote:

That is one avenue... I am more interested in carrying stuff I actually need to carry, like a light showerproof, a roll of basic tools, a spare tube

I can comfortably fit a Lezyne caddy sack (has basic tools and inner tube inside), a pump and a Castelli rain jacket plus phone (iPhone 5) in my jacket today. Don't ride tubeless so have no experience about the ability or otherwise of jamming one of those in a pocket.