TDF 2013 Stage 15 - Ventoux *Spoilers*

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Lichtblick wrote:
    BACK ON TOPIC

So, how is anyone else (no matter whom) going to make nearly 5 minutes on Froome in the final week?

Is there any record of this before? (pointless question really: this is the new era and all that)

Froome getting sick or having a really badly timed mechanical or crash, is that the only "hope" if a person wants someone else to win or better - wants a proper nail-biting fight for the GC?
    I was hoping Contador was going to give him a good run for his money today but he just doesn't look anywhere near as strong, can't see anyone else being able to bring the fight to him. Quintana is a great climber but I'm not sure he can make that up, Valverde, Evans and Schleck too far back. It's up to the Belkin boys, I must admit I don't know too much about Mollema.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Lads Im', back in, NO NEWS what happened, I don't even know who won ?
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    You can do all of this. In the doping thread.

It's relevant here so it gets posted here. I won't be told where to post.

Just what was so ridiculous about it then ?
    Now is yer chance to give us your pearls of wisdom.....
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Paul 8v
    MrTapir wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Lichtblick, the Tour was over (barring bad luck) on Ax 3 Domaine. Froome has shown that he is the best climber, one of the best TT guys and can ride the flats in any condition.

Paul 8v, I don't make baseless accusations, I post my opinions based on what I see. Not once have I said I "know" Froome is doping. Unfortunately many people here can't handle someone having suspicion about sky...despite what ddraver says it is exactly the same as was happening in the USPS days.

The tour is never over until the fat lady - in this case Lesley Garrett - sings.
    Oh dear god no, that was bloody awful, we waited 99 tours to hear that!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    2oldnslow wrote:
    I used to really enjoy this forum, it was until recently a haven of sense, good humour, banter and not infrequently some pretty good insights into a sport I've followed for 40 years. Perhaps more importantly it was a million miles away from the doping heavy nonsense that is CN.

Now thanks to the likes of Rundfahrt and his ilk this simple enjoyment has been ruined oh well at least it'll give me more time to ride my bike.

PS I'm not a) a Sky fanboy or b) blind to the possibility that doping was and quite possibly still is part of the pro peloton. On the other hand I find it sad that so much time effort and vitriol is spent in such negativity.

Thanks for posting. You are right that the forum has changed in the last year with the new breed of posters. There is still plenty of good stuff to read though. Just skim over the stuff you know is nonsense. It will also quieten down after the Tour.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Bo Duke wrote:

If I tell you that Froome is back to being the greatest cheat since My Grandad playing Monopoly you can probably fill in the rest mate... ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    MrTapir wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Lichtblick, the Tour was over (barring bad luck) on Ax 3 Domaine. Froome has shown that he is the best climber, one of the best TT guys and can ride the flats in any condition.

Paul 8v, I don't make baseless accusations, I post my opinions based on what I see. Not once have I said I "know" Froome is doping. Unfortunately many people here can't handle someone having suspicion about sky...despite what ddraver says it is exactly the same as was happening in the USPS days.

The tour is never over until the fat lady - in this case Lesley Garrett - sings.

As I said "barring bad luck."
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    jerry3571 wrote:
    I think, especially today, we have just had a UK based rider pass the Simpson Memorial, in Yellow and win one of the hardest stages; this is an "exceptional" day.

By the way, I didn't say that Froomey doped as he has passed all the tests but as Hamilton says in his book that passing a dope test is only an intelligence test.

Today is huge on how UK cycling looks at itself in 2013. If you work at the grass roots, like I do, then you know that teenagers who are progressing in Cycling must look at the sport in the face and not only the glory of today. Juniors are picked up by BC and fast tracked to go on to greater things and if it's a future of doping then we have to look at what we are doing.

Are you implying what you seem to be? Evidence please!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Paul 8v
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Perhaps you should go and work for the UCI if you can spot a cheat without knowing exact times, wattage, wind speed temperature data etc, that's a real talent. You've trolled me enough now, I'm off out to make the most of the sunshine. :roll:
  • Just more proof that what I have said is 100% true. Thanks.[/quote]

Have you actually said anything though? Just seems like repetitive innuendo and Wah Wah,! You're picking on me.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Paul 8v wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Oh dear god no, that was bloody awful, we waited 99 tours to hear that!

Just for posterity (this may not work)
    <script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?width=620&video_pcode=RvbGU6Z74XE_a3bj4QwRGByhq9h2&height=349&deepLinkEmbedCode=1jd3ZnNTor_rOfmfAv67-8ym4qhqgHNL&embedCode=1jd3ZnNTor_rOfmfAv67-8ym4qhqgHNL"></script&gt;
  • moray_gub
    Lichtblick wrote:
    , but there are a few dodgy places to deal with first...

Farm road off the top of Alpe D'Huez for one , a road Tony Martin for one calls irresponsible to cycle down.
  • Bo Duke
    180 riders in. Hivert was down as being dropped with 50km left and is not classified yet.

Where was KAZ, did he defend the LR ?? :shock:
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • ddraver
    jerry3571 wrote:
    I think, especially today, we have just had a UK based rider pass the Simpson Memorial, in Yellow and win one of the hardest stages; this is an "exceptional" day.

By the way, I didn't say that Froomey doped as he has passed all the tests but as Hamilton says in his book that passing a dope test is only an intelligence test.

Today is huge on how UK cycling looks at itself in 2013. If you work at the grass roots, like I do, then you know that teenagers who are progressing in Cycling must look at the sport in the face and not only the glory of today. Juniors are picked up by BC and fast tracked to go on to greater things and if it's a future of doping then we have to look at what we are doing.

But only in the doping thread #PointlessRequest
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    jerry3571 wrote:

But only in the doping thread #PointlessRequest
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited July 2013
    Froome really needs cut the 'I didn't expect to win' nonsense out.

He's a bit dull off the bike, isn't he.. Almost a bit.. too nice to everyone :)
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    ThomThom wrote:

He's a bit dull off the bike, isn't he..
    It's not a crime...
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Almost every thread in Pro Race is becoming boring nowadays. It's turning into that laughable Clinic on the CN forum. Please keep doping stuff away from here. We are intelligent enough to make our own opinions based on evidence without the same people spouting the same mantra.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Bo Duke
    ddraver wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

If I tell you that Froome is back to being the greatest cheat since My Grandad playing Monopoly you can probably fill in the rest mate... ;)

Oh feck me, have I missed something BIG ?? :shock:

PS: My 11 year twins are shocking cheaters at monopoly but it doesn't mean I don't love them... :mrgreen:
  • thomthom
    adr82 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

It's not a crime...

Never said that, did I?
  • ddraver
    Bo Duke wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

Oh feck me, have I missed something BIG ?? :shock:

PS: My 11 year twins are shocking cheaters at monopoly but it doesn't mean I don't love them... :mrgreen:

It's worth catching the highlights lets say ;)
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Perhaps you should go and work for the UCI if you can spot a cheat without knowing exact times, wattage, wind speed temperature data etc, that's a real talent. You've trolled me enough now, I'm off out to make the most of the sunshine. :roll:

Another point of mine made by another poster. Now I am being told I can't watch a stage, see the times, know the history, know what is going on in cycling now and form an opinion...that is if that opinion does not proclaim Sky 100% above doubt. :lol:
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    ThomThom wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

It's not a crime...

Never said that, did I?
    I know you didn't, but people just bring it up so often. Loads of top sportsmen (and women) are not particularly nice/interesting people, I don't understand why it seems to be expected of them.
  • moray_gub
    ThomThom wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

It's not a crime...

Never said that, did I?

Ok so would you rather he said something like this ......"i knew i was gonna p*ss all over these clowns ?"
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ThomThom wrote:

The quiet ones are the ones to be wary of.

His comments regarding Quintana are total BS. He attacked him about 4 times including with about 1.3km to race when je finally popped, but in his interview he said he was certain Quintana was going to win.

I agree with you too - ugliest attacks ever on that climb. Effective though even if they aren't believable.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • moray_gub
    adr82 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

It's not a crime...

Never said that, did I?
    I know you didn't, but people just bring it up so often. Loads of top sportsmen (and women) are not particularly nice/interesting people, I don't understand why it seems to be expected of them.

this
  • thomthom
    edited July 2013
    Moray Gub wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

It's not a crime...

Never said that, did I?

Ok so would you rather he said something like this ......"i knew i was gonna p*ss all over these clowns ?"

Because there's definitely nothing in between the two.. Definitely not..

Jesus..
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    I don't get what's so staggering about putting 2 minutes or less into riders like ten Dam, kreuziger, fuglsang et al, on a 20km climb?!
    Mañana
  • moray_gub
    ThomThom wrote:

The quiet ones are the ones to be wary of.

Bertie then ?
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    effective though even if they aren't believable.

Why aren't they believable?
    Mañana