• Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    edited July 2013
    Deleted
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    emadden wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    > Does anyone know what the fenced dirt road that runs along the spine of Ventoux is for?

for walkers to stop them stomping across all the mountain which is a big nature reserve with over 1000 plant and animal species.

it connects the different monitoring stations and communications towers/transmitters that are up there

Ah ha. Thanks.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    It's interesting to note two things in this thread:

1) How people immediately go to personal attacks and insults in their first response to any person who even discusses anything possibly negative about Sky or Froome. Imagine the response if the doubters acted the same way.

2) How people like adr82 get all worked up about doping talk when it is against sky/froome, but say nothing when it is defending them.
    All the doping chat is just getting really boring, especially when people never say anything about convicted dopers like our Spanish chums and just attack sky every time they put in a good performance. These are the same people that complain sky ride without soul etc, as soon as they attack they're on drugs.

You have absolutely no evidence that any of them have doped, it's all based on some internet warrior's interpretation of some times that may or may not have been measured from the same spot in the same wind conditions in different temperatures etc.

Since sky are so closely connected with team GB they must also all be on drugs as well obviously. What a load of old cr@p, just try and enjoy the race.

Anyway I'm more concerned about Quintana, no way he's 23... :mrgreen:
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Goat, remind me where I mentioned you specifically? I think the main offenders are pretty damn obvious.

But you refuse to engage when anybody questions your insinuations. Don't tell me, show me.

Its like Lance has been tested a billion times and never failed a test :lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I tempted to ask Chasey to lock the thread to set an example

Anyway - The ride is on BES at t mo and it's interesting listening to Sean giving him all the tips!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Anyone else think it looks like Boardman is about to fall off that cliff?
  • emadden
    You guys all need to chill...
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    What's spanish for Tactics ? maybe someone better tell movistar how to plan an attack rather than telephone it to sky and the entire cycling world... looking forward to more keystone cops shenanigans in the alps from the spaniards.
  • above_the_cows
    For the love of god.

PLEASE KEEP ALL DOPING DISCUSSION IN THE DOPING THREAD!
  • This is why we can't have nice things
  • emadden
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    What's spanish for Tactics ? maybe someone better tell movistar how to plan an attack rather than telephone it to sky and the entire cycling world... looking forward to more keystone cops shenanigans in the alps from the spaniards.

Next stages will probably be better as multiple climbs should give more or an opportunity to put pressure on Sky. Today, with just one climb at the end was always gonna be tough
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Prime586
    Prime586 Posts: 43
    Going off topic, can anyone identify that piece of jazz-style music that Eurosport are playing over those little info packages after some of the adverts?

DD.
    It's 'Get A Move On!' by Mr. Scruff:
    http://youtu.be/HamLxGxeDqI
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Great stage. Everything I hoped for. Breakaway, lots of Movistar on the front. A war of attrition on the lower slopes. Who will drop off next? Are the Sky guys up to it or will they cave in again? Porte back to his best but Bertie is still watching. Well we all saw it. Whats not to like about a battle on the Ventoux?
  • ddraver
    This is why we can't have nice things

:lol::lol:

I was nt such a good boy today, i was just throwing stuff on to the thread as it popped up on twitter. Still at least I did nt have time for a geology post eh smithy?
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    mike6 wrote:
    Great stage. Everything I hoped for. Breakaway, lots of Movistar on the front. A war of attrition on the lower slopes. Who will drop off next? Are the Sky guys up to it or will they cave in again? Porte back to his best but Bertie is still watching. Well we all saw it. Whats not to like about a battle on the Ventoux?

it's interesting but I think both Pete and Porte seemed to come to a halt the second they pulled off today, hopefully learning from last week...
    - @ddraver
  • Ned just broke out the P-word to Froome
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Ned just broke out the P-word to Froome

Peloton? Poontang? Paris? Pudenda?
  • above_the_cows

Porte?

Paris?

Pig?

Pink?

Pony?

Popsicle?

Pantani?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    PissedoffFrenchFighter?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • above_the_cows
    .... pussy? :shock:
  • ddraver
    L'equipe - 50 mins behind Chris Froome, Jonathan Hivert finishes the stage in last place, just in front of the Broom Wagon
    - @ddraver
  • Everyone's favourite, Panache!
  • Rundfahrt
    ddraver wrote:
    mike6 wrote:

it's interesting but I think both Pete and Porte seemed to come to a halt the second they pulled off today, hopefully learning from last week...

Porte finished 2:48 back, not much of a halt.
  • MrTapir

Porte?

Paris?

Pig?

Pink?

Pony?

Popsicle?

Pantani?

Palatial?

Perrier?

Proactive?

poo?
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Everyone's favourite, Panache!
    Legend!
  • MrTapir

Was the full sentence "Chris, would you agree that your riding style is the polar opposite of 'panache'?"
  • ddraver
    MrTapir wrote:

Was the full sentence "Chris, would you agree that your riding style is the polar opposite of 'panache'?"

Were nt you watching ;):p
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    Quintana confirmed he had a bloody nose on the climb. (Insert bad Columbia joke here)
  • ddraver
    So now we just need Middleton to pop and Britain has had another great weekend!
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    Collective fail people! How could we forget PANACHE?