TDF 2013 Stage 15 - Ventoux *Spoilers*

1262728293032»

Comments

• dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    BPI-YCpCMAAlv9C.jpg:large

What's he carrying here? I've seen this picture a few times ad can't work it out.

(Sorry if it's been posted before, I can't be bothered checking the other pages
    A stuffed wild boar under his arm with a missing leg. The missing leg is in his right hand :lol:

It makes perfect sense really, when you think about. I mean, what else would you have tucked under your arm as you run up the Ventoux, cheering the riders on?

DD.
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Bruyneel did get stuffed over the winter. Still, good to see him.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    So according to Froome he asked Contador leading up to the stage what it would be like and Contador had said it would be hard but the differences will not be too large given the headwind as attacking into it would be tough and the riders would just sit on the wheel. So when it got to the flat part Froome said he would use that time when he and Contador were recovering to attack. An unexpected place to attack hence one reason he got a gap. Then he also said that he was in the wrong gear hence his furious spinning attack...could be a good reason but I dont buy that as he did it many times after and in other stages and there is no reason he couldnt shift up prior. He also wanted to attack Quintana straight away so he couldnt sit on the wheel but couldnt shift him...he said Quintana didnt want to come through when asked and pulled slower when he did. So Froome decided fine, sit on the wheel and I will go for this.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    I find it surprising that Contador would volunteer up that information to a direct rival - maybe his English isn't good enough to tell him to f$£k off!
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Crozza wrote:
    I find it surprising that Contador would volunteer up that information to a direct rival - maybe his English isn't good enough to tell him to f$£k off!

Bizarre, isnt it
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Crozza wrote:

Bizarre, isnt it

Eh not really as it is a bit generic what was said. I could have said the same thing: 'often a headwind which makes it tough to get a gap and others will ride your wheel'. If Froome had watched a stage or two of the Ventoux himself this would not have been particularly enlightening information.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    But its all a bit confusing. I thought everyone in the peloton hated Froome and Sky?
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    I would say that Sky need to get the d12 sorted if he had shifting problems. It did not look that way to me, Froome looked like he was in control. I watched the stage and thought F%%% that's a hell of an attack and all I could think of was when Armstrong caught Pantani. It's one awesome attack.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    it did look utterly ridiculous though
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Crozza wrote:

Bizarre, isnt it

Eh not really as it is a bit generic what was said. I could have said the same thing: 'often a headwind which makes it tough to get a gap and others will ride your wheel'. If Froome had watched a stage or two of the Ventoux himself this would not have been particularly enlightening information.
    Yeah, the exchange just seems to be a narrative device rather than a key revelation.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Double post
    Twitter: @RichN95