London Ride 100

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    rubertoe wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    I look forward to seeing you all in your shiny new gabbas. Have fun out there.

Not me.

I couldnt afford one, so I bought a jar of MTFU instead.

:wink:
    Beginning to wish I had though.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    I shall be watching from the sidelines, cheering for mrs vermin. How will I recognise you all so I can cheer you on/laugh at your misery?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I'll be wearing the turquoise Bliss charity of the year jersey.

Apparently there are 240 of us riding for Bliss, so that only narrows it down to 1% of the total.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    vermin wrote:

Not me.

Carry on like that and I wont be buying you that pint....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    I might go and watch for a bit when it passes through Raynes Park. We had a good view of the pros last year.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Weather situation starting to look interesting.
    Bring it!
    exercise.png
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I hope the forecast is wrong, as usual. It could be mayhem out there.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Anyone been to Excel yet? If so is there indoor bike parking, and are they doing the turbo-trainer win a jersey competition again?
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Indoor bike parking - yes, but didn't see the turbo thing from last year.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    vermin wrote:

Not me.

They weren't in stock until the 10th, otherwise I may have been tempted myself!! :)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Have you heard the lot of you? It's only weather. Try living in Manchester We have bad weather Every. Single. Day. I shall be riding in short sleeves and bib shorts whilst a cloud of northern hardness is hovering overhead.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    vermin wrote:

Not me.

They weren't in stock until the 10th, otherwise I may have been tempted myself!! :)
    Mine is supposedly being delivered today. Got a text to say it'll be here between 12.39 and 13.39.....still hasn't arrived though.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Just got back from Excel - all well organised and hassle free.

The exhibitors seemed to have a limited range of gear already.
  • veronese68
    msmancunia wrote:
    Have you heard the lot of you? It's only weather. Try living in Manchester We have bad weather Every. Single. Day. I shall be riding in short sleeves and bib shorts whilst a cloud of northern hardness is hovering overhead.
    Can I tuck in behind you then? I promise not to look at your aris'.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Mate, if you tuck in behind me you won't see a damn thing because you'll think there will have been a total eclipse of the sun :shock:
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    msmancunia wrote:

So speaks Miss RunsFromSpiders
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Medders
    Medders Posts: 152
    msmancunia wrote:

is this normal manc weather:-

"There is the risk of severe weather during Sunday as a depression tracks over, or close to, the UK. At this stage there is more than average uncertainty in the forecast, but the public should be aware of the risk of heavy rain, strong winds and large waves, sufficient to disrupt transport and make outdoor activities dangerous.

This is a particularly volatile situation, and this warning is likely to be changed as the event approaches."

?
    Large waves sound ominous. Overshoes may be called for.

Riding:
    Canyon Nerve AL9.9 2014
    Honda CBR600f 2013
    Condor Fratello 2010
    Cervelo RS 2009
    Specialized Rockhopper Pro 2008
  • rubertoe
    if there are large waves in the surrey area i think the event may be cancelled, either that or you have gone of track...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    vermin wrote:
    I shall be watching from the sidelines, cheering for mrs vermin. How will I recognise you all so I can cheer you on/laugh at your misery?

Riding with the V-Sprint team (honouree member for the w.end)

http://club.v-sprint.com/
  • matthew h wrote:
    vermin wrote:

Just assume that anybody nodding, flapping, chopping is one of us
  • veronese68
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Mate, if you tuck in behind me you won't see a damn thing because you'll think there will have been a total eclipse of the sun :shock:
    At least I'll be out of the wind then. :D
    Besides, I don't believe a word of it
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    vermin wrote:

You forgot that we'll be drinking, that will attract Matt's attention. MSM will be easy to spot, she's the one with Pinot G in her bottle cage. And a tall Italian bloke tucked in behind.
  • of course nodding, flapping and chopping at the bar of The Albert to celebrate our successful ascent of Sawyers.

I read somewhere that there are 117 pubs en-route
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    msmancunia wrote:

I spent Sunday to Tuesday on the bike. Set off early Sunday morning from home in Hale, south Manchester. Rode up to Ormskirk and then on to Skipton (102 miles). Then on Monday did a circuit of the Yorkshire Dales (taking in Fleet Moss and Buttertubs) (about 80 miles). Then finally on Tuesday rode from Skipton, via Ormskirk, back to Hale (120 miles). Weather forecast was for rain the entire trip. Of course, it was gloriously sunny every pedal stroke of the way, until I arrived back in Hale, whereupon the Lord said "I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die." Or something similar.

Go Ms Manc. I'll be cheering for you. I'll recognise you by the gills.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Well - I've been training hard - doing some extra hills and churning some big gears so I'm completely ready for .....

the free cycle course!! :D

Yup - We're coming up on Saturday to take my niece around the closed roads ... should be a hoot ... 50k riders (not all at the same time I guess) - and if my niece wants to race around then I'll have to lead her out pushing all the other buggers out of the way ... :D

I deferred my 100 entry until next year ... hopefully the weather will have cleared up by then ... ;)
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Slowbike wrote:
    Well - I've been training hard - doing some extra hills and churning some big gears so I'm completely ready for .....

Yup - We're coming up on Saturday to take my niece around the closed roads ... should be a hoot ... 50k riders (not all at the same time I guess) - and if my niece wants to race around then I'll have to lead her out pushing all the other buggers out of the way ... :D

I deferred my 100 entry until next year ... hopefully the weather will have cleared up by then ... ;)
    The freecycle was carnage last year. The whole route was seriously packed. Was fun though! Lots of cool bikes, trikes, tandems, penny farthings etc. Lots of peeps dressed up.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rubertoe
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    vermin wrote:

You forgot that we'll be drinking, that will attract Matt's attention. MSM will be easy to spot, she's the one with Pinot G in her bottle cage. And a tall Italian bloke tucked in behind.

I'll look my avatar only with a head arms and legs, oh and a bike.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    vermin wrote:

:lol:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    The more I see of this event the less impressed I become.

Just went to Excel to register. Tme for a rant:

What a PITA. Why can they not just post these out (and charge for doing so?) They seemed to have about 10,000 staff handling this, many milling about doing F*ck all. Imagine most of these people are being paid thus reducing the amount of money going to charity. Doubtless the events company are making a killing.

Why hold this at Excel? There are few places in London as cycle unfriendly as the Docklands. I noted on ExCel's site that they have 3700 car parking spaces and only 60 cycle spaces. Ride London's own website makes no mention of cycling as a means of getting to the registration (of what is a BL00DY CYCLING EVENT) and insteas suggests people use PT.

The staff are utter jobsworths as well. Almost refusing to handover my colleagues pack (was collecting on her behalf) had her signed formc a copy of her driving licnece and passport and an email saying it was ok, but was told:
    "we need a signed letter from her authorising this, otherwise we could be handing her pack to anyone"
    Yeah anyone who has her form and copies of her id...

Really cannot be arsed with this whole thing now, would rather just ride by myself.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    elbowloh wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:

The freecycle was carnage last year. The whole route was seriously packed. Was fun though! Lots of cool bikes, trikes, tandems, penny farthings etc. Lots of peeps dressed up.

Freecycle Saturday with mother on the track bike (yay pretty matt black condor), then RL on sunday.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?