London Ride 100

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited August 2014 in Commuting chat
So only a month and three days to go. I am not ready but I have start time 7.20am! July will be a month without alcohol, a diet and lots of cycling. I need to loose a stone at least before the day. I have no idea if I'll complete it or not! Going to give it all trying. Anyone else on here doing it? I'm cycling on charity place for Macmillan and ultimately in memory of my brother.

You can sponsor me here if you like. http://www.justgiving.com/Chris-Williamson-Ride100
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    How did you get your start time?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • sketchley
    Asprilla wrote:
    How did you get your start time?

I got an email. At least I think I did. I can't find it now. :oops:
    --
    Chris

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Check your email. Mine is 6:19, I have to be at the park for 5:19. Even allowing for staying pretty close it means I'll be up at 4am to have breakfast and then cycle over. Not ideal.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    6.07. Wasn't planning on staying close and given they're forbidding cycling on or across any of the route to get to the start it's going to be an early rise to get there from Richmond.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    6.10 start with a 5.10 sign-in. I thought Marmotte was an early rise but this is taking the biscuit.
  • sketchley
    Mines 7.20, i think, so a bit better. Still need to be there an hour before. Hopefullly it's not that cold in the morning then really warm later other wise got to carry a extra layer.... Short sleeve with arm warmers would be ideal....
    --
    Chris

• asprilla
    Bum. I think I've deleted mine. They have been sending regular spam so I stopped reading it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    tbf when i rode to richmond on sunday, leaving at 5.30 it was hot. definitely didnt need anything more than a jersey
  • sketchley
    Richmond on Park on Sunday afternoon was joke. Far too hot for me. If ride 100 is like that I'm in touble.

edit wrong day!
    --
    Chris

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    7:02 for me. Am I alone in wishing I'd got an earlier start? Was hoping to avoid congestion as much as possible. Slightly more civilised time is a bonus though.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    BigMat wrote:
    7:02 for me. Am I alone in wishing I'd got an earlier start? Was hoping to avoid congestion as much as possible. Slightly more civilised time is a bonus though.

How did you end up with 7.02. Surely you would have been seeded earlier?
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Maybe he filled in a realistic completion time on the entry form? ;) In other related matters, they've totally failed to ensure team-members set off together for the team event making it a bit of a joke.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • asprilla
    Hurrumph. I don't appear to have had an email yet. I must be heading off last.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • ShandyH
    ShandyH Posts: 555
    I'm 6:16. Wrath Rob, I'll expect to see you come past after about mile 1. I'm fully intending on drafting some poor bugger's wheel for the entire 100 miles. It could be you!
  • spursn17
    spursn17 Posts: 284
    In other related matters, they've totally failed to ensure team-members set off together for the team event making it a bit of a joke.

Our club has two teams of four entered. Nothing on the entry info stated that we should all put the same estimated times down to ensure that we rode together, our start times are all over the place between 05:04 and 07:46!!!

8 riders are cheesed off and not fancying it now. The people on the end of the phone are not interested, and don't seem to understand that as we entered as a team we want to ride as one. Still, they've had fifty quid off each of us now so they couldn't give a toss.

What a lash up!
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    ShandyH wrote:
    I'm 6:16. Wrath Rob, I'll expect to see you come past after about mile 1. I'm fully intending on drafting some poor bugger's wheel for the entire 100 miles. It could be you!
    Damn, that was my idea. A sprint to close the 3 min gap and then sit in for 95 miles....
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    lol I have a 6.00am start time to arrive at 5.00am.

Missus is dropping me at Blackwall Lane at 4.30am which she is not happy about!
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Jeez, did most of the route on sunday with my brother (who has a 9.10 start...) and it's nice in place horrendous in others in terms of road condition and snag points but otherwise easy tbh. What times did you say it'd take you? He put 6ish hours - guess lots of people did that too.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Think i'll aim for sub 5 hours. I start at 6:22, so not sure how feasible that will be with other riders on the road.
  • 06:10 for me... of course I'll get round it in 5.5 hours ;) The OH is yet to get his start time, but we're driving in and dropping the car off at his work beforehand. Bit of a trek there, but very close to the finish.

Those coming from the west, places like Kennington (Stannary Street) has free parking on Sundays (at least it was in April and the years prior to that) and that's close to the finish, but not so close to the start...
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    Oh gaaad, 06:04. Not looking forward to doing L-E-L first and then having to sort the admin of registration and chip location the day before and getting to the QEOP with even less sleep than anticipated. Going to be a busy week...!
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    tetm wrote:
    Oh gaaad, 06:04. Not looking forward to doing L-E-L first and then having to sort the admin of registration and chip location the day before and getting to the QEOP with even less sleep than anticipated. Going to be a busy week...!

Sorry but :lol:
  • ShandyH
    ShandyH Posts: 555
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    ShandyH wrote:
    Damn, that was my idea. A sprint to close the 3 min gap and then sit in for 95 miles....

I'll try to convince JZed it's in his interests to wait for both of us and drag us both around for 5 hours (ish). It might cost us beer.
  • Wrath Rob wrote:
    ShandyH wrote:

A 6:19 start for me.

A 2-UP TT to get across to the wheel?

Although I expect some very big, strong groups in the earlier start times...

Does anyone know how many people are starting in each wave?
  • asprilla
    The OH is yet to get his start time

That makes me feel better. I was beginning to feel persecuted.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Green Brompton
    Green Brompton Posts: 972
    edited July 2013

Although I expect some very big, strong groups in the earlier start times...

Does anyone know how many people are starting in each wave?

Well in their email they said there are 2 starts each with 19 waves. Approx 20,000 people riding so if they've evened it out then there will be around 400+ for each start.. but of course it really depends on capabilities etc etc, so potentially fewer in the earlier starts, if for eg. fewer said they'd get round in 4.5 hours, and then bigger groups later on, but then the start times may be closer together earlier on... that's my guess. Who knows!
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    6:54 for me. I'm fine with that. There's lots of people moaning about their late starts here: viewtopic.php?f=40007&t=12927533&start=140. To be honest, I think the would-be amateur Mark Cavandishes out there will be more of a nuisance than the slower riders.
  • Rolls
    Rolls Posts: 70
    7.14 start for me! not too bad - be home for mid afternoon!
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Your arrival time at QEOP: 05:54

Your personal load time is: 06:18

Your Personal start time: 06:54

I think I'll have some overtaking to do... like Jonny_Trousers :twisted: :twisted:
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?