London Ride 100

Comments

• elbowloh wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    We will V, we will.

Can someone please explain to me what i am supposed to put in that massive bag? or am i supposed to cut holes in it and wear it when it opours with rain.
    You don't have to do anything with it.

It's just that if you want some warm clothes for the finish you put them in the bag. Drop it off at the start and it will magically be transported to the finish for you. They'll not accept any other bag though, just that one.

btw, does it have straps so you can carry it on the bike to/from the ride?

No Straps but if you have a daysack or small bag, you carry your kit in that, stow away your official plastic bag in said day sack, and the swap them over when you hand over your kit to the trucks.

This is useful for people that don't want, or need to go back anywhere near the start when they have finished, but need to carry kit around..

This is what I did last year. is the bag the same size as last years?

If it is the same size I got my 25L rucksack in it and did the swapping as described above
  • Can't compare to last year but it is big enough for any amount of gear you could possibly be bringing with you
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    If it is the same size I got my 25L rucksack in it and did the swapping as described above

It is, and I'll be using it to make sure I have something dry to put on at the finish.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I am thinking of Pitching mine and living under it... its massive.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    rubertoe wrote:
    Well, you could pitch-up near the start then. Get a longer sleep the night before the ride and won't get lost riding to the start.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    What bike you on, MM?

Monkey Monster.........Blue L..............6:45............... 5hrs 15ish too (aiming for sub 5 but we'll see...)
    FoldingJoe................Blue L...............6:45................ 5hrs 30ish

I'll be on a S-Works SL4 in Quick Steps colours.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • rubertoe
    elbowloh wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    Well, you could pitch-up near the start then. Get a longer sleep the night before the ride and won't get lost riding to the start.

Did you not read the small print in my e-mail - its every club members duty to ensure that the membership secetary doesnt get lost...its the rulez
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• elbowloh
    rubertoe wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

Did you not read the small print in my e-mail - its every club members duty to ensure that the membership secetary doesnt get lost...its the rulez

Sadly i'll be coming in from South London, so my duty will be fulfilled by wishing you the best of luck.

On another note, I might have to revise my expected (hoped for) ride time. I initially said sub 5hrs 30, but I'm now going to be riding with a friend for whom this will be their longest ride ever and their main target for the year following injury. So I am heroically giving them my support....
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • FoldingJoe
    ..nothing to do with the weather then? ;)

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • elbowloh
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    ..nothing to do with the weather then? ;)
    Not at all. I laugh in the face of rain and spit in the face of wind.....but it gets blown back.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Asprilla, what's your ETA for Molesey? I feel obliged to get down to what is the start of the Strava segment "Reservoir Short Sprint", with my umbrella if need be, to cheer you lucky b*gg*rs on.

Good luck all!
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Registration very easy.

Seemed to be quite a few stalls there, but didn't stick around long.

Laura Trott on stage discussing jam sandwiches.
    exercise.png
  • rubertoe
    If she was there when I went, I would of stuck around longer

• elbowloh
    rubertoe wrote:
    If she was there when I went, I would have stuck around longer
    That'll been the jam. Gets everywhere and is very sticky.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

:D

Just had a mail saying they have contingency plans (hot choc at the drink stations) and suggestions to take wet weather gear.

Fingers crossed that the storm hits France instead :p
  • leeefm
    leeefm Posts: 260
    Just withdrawn...

I don't think I can risk it with injury
    Shand Skinnymalinky
    Argon 18 Radon
  • elbowloh wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

Just had a mail saying they have contingency plans (hot choc at the drink stations) and suggestions to take wet weather gear.

That mail should just have four letters on it
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    leeefm wrote:
    Just withdrawn...

Sorry to hear that, did you manage to get it deferred?
  • leeefm
    It was a charity place, but they say they will keep a place open next year for me. They'll do it when they get allocated their places for next year.
    Shand Skinnymalinky
    Argon 18 Radon
  • elbowloh wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

True... though I'm definitely taking the bike with the disc brakes and mudguards as times aren't going to be quick.

Am just going to take light waterproof - more for wind resistance - since as I don't have a Gabba, none of my rain gear will work for more than a couple of hours in a downpour!

Although would still rather the storm hit France!
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    What bike you on, MM?

Monkey Monster.........Blue L..............6:45............... 5hrs 15ish too (aiming for sub 5 but we'll see...)

I'll be on the hoy with a bright yellow daffodil team jersey - however... given my brother (also riding for daffodil) is in F - I will be trying to wangle closer start time depending how officious they get but otherwise will look out for the s-works for sure!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    leeefm wrote:
    Just withdrawn...

No! Very sad to hear that Lee, looked like you had been getting in some good miles too.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    What bike you on, MM?

I'll be on the hoy with a bright yellow daffodil team jersey - however... given my brother (also riding for daffodil) is in F - I will be trying to wangle closer start time depending how officious they get but otherwise will look out for the s-works for sure!

No problem. I'll come and say hi if you don't manage to get away earlier.

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    elbowloh wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

True... though I'm definitely taking the bike with the disc brakes and mudguards as times aren't going to be quick.

Am just going to take light waterproof - more for wind resistance - since as I don't have a Gabba, none of my rain gear will work for more than a couple of hours in a downpour!

Although would still rather the storm hit France!

you leave France alone thanks very much
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rubertoe
    Off to France boff?

I'll be on the kaff with a force field to deflect all the mamils and nodders.unless we get a reprieve.

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    rubertoe wrote:
    Off to France boff?

I'll be on the kaff with a force field to deflect all the mamils and nodders.unless we get a reprieve.

aye just started tapering for it, wine drinking at that level is a very serious undertaking :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • leeefm
    menthel wrote:
    leeefm wrote:
    Just withdrawn...

No! Very sad to hear that Lee, looked like you had been getting in some good miles too.

T'was my "final practice" ride on Tuesday that did it... Sudden burning in my hip flexors half way round :(
    Shand Skinnymalinky
    Argon 18 Radon
  • elbowloh
    So registered tonight, was wandering through the wiggle store and young Laura Trott was right there next to me. That Rochelle Gilmore too.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    We're off at 7.30 on the blue Peugeot tandem with the ladyback. If we catch any of you (we'll be wearing blue and white "George Oliver Foundation" tops) you shall be very very ashamed. Say hi if you catch us (and give us a wheel for a bit!)
  • MonkeyMonster, also Blue wave L at 6.45, and will be decked out in daffodil team Jersey and bibs.
    Riding a blue planet x.
    Will say hi if I spot you!