London Ride 100

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'll be keeping my arse saver folded under my seat, about it, maybe toe covers.

I suspect it'll be isolated passing storms? Plus Sat morning is now forecast clear but that'll change constantly.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    iPete wrote:
    I'll be keeping my ars* saver folded under my seat, about it, maybe toe covers.

I suspect it'll be isolated passing storms? Plus Sat morning is now forecast clear but that'll change constantly.

interesting, i was going to take hte mk2's off but that will be a saturday afternoon decision now methinks. Lets hope no standing water and light showers if it really must...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Rain doesn't bother me. It's the 20mph wind they have forecast that I'm not looking forward to.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    It should be a tailwind all the way back which is good but it's only Tuesday, nobody knows if it is going to rain or not on Sunday.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • antfly wrote:
    It should be a tailwind all the way back which is good but it's only Tuesday, nobody knows if it is going to rain or not on Sunday.

I will worry about this on Saturday afternnon
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    With 20,000 cyclists I think mudguards will be useless as there will be too much spray from other riders.

I just hop it is dry for the start. hanging around for an hour in the wet at 6am will not be fun.
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    JZed wrote:
    Quiet other than those coming back from a night out. Amusing watching people stumbling around.

Route is fairly straightforward and most a gentle down hill roll to the Olympic park. About 7 miles. Here's a route, Premier Inn is just below the bit that says Buckhurst Hill. http://www.strava.com/activities/72081999

The ride back though is around 14 miles. First 10 through traffic and lights. Last 4 a gentle uphill grind.

Thanks for that. Any notorious roads / junctions to avoid on the most direct route back from The Mall or is it all pretty much of a muchness?

Low pressure systems lining up in the Atlantic... :lol: ... think I might be thankful for my full Cruds...
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    Good job I checked this forum! My pack hasn't arrived. So after googling and an email sent hopefully I can get a solution.

I moved house in April and changed all my details and it's probably at my old address. . Grr
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Anbody know a road in Greenwich where I can park my car on Sunday?

Was planning on getting a lift to the drop off point from my 'er indoors, but she isn't travelling up to London with me now, so I'll have to make my own way there.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • FoldingJoe
    Anybody heading to Excel tomorrow to register?

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I am. What time you heading.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I'll be there about 7ish, I think. Is there a bar?
  • rubertoe
    I'll drop you a pm tomorrow, might be bit late for me.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• FoldingJoe
    Think I'll head over around lunchtime. Probably be there about 12.30.

• I'm going today. Should be there around 4ish. Hoping for another free bottle of Erdinger.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    rubertoe wrote:
    Might be nearer to 6ish, I'm bunking off work early.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'll be there about 7ish, I think. Is there a bar?

great idea - except I won't be there until Sat :(
  • rubertoe
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    Might be nearer to 6ish, I'm bunking off work early.

that is better for me

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Also aiming for between six and seven.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    FoldingJoe wrote:

Was planning on getting a lift to the drop off point from my 'er indoors, but she isn't travelling up to London with me now, so I'll have to make my own way there.

Charlton your best bet. Riverside,Lombard Wall, Anchor & Hope Lane or Willoghby. Park and ride to Blackwall Tunnel. Returning get a train from Charing X to Charlton.

https://goo.gl/maps/Z0L8A
  • FoldingJoe
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    FoldingJoe wrote:

Charlton your best bet. Riverside,Lombard Wall, Anchor & Hope Lane or Willoghby. Park and ride to Blackwall Tunnel. Returning get a train from Charing X to Charlton.

https://goo.gl/maps/Z0L8A

Cheers Gazzaputt,

I'm booked on the riverboat service back, which is why I was trying to get back to Greenwich, but Charlton is close enough I suppose.

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    edited August 2014
    Looking at the changes to weather today, I might bulk buy ass savers and get my other half to sell them for silly money at the start line :lol:
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Sunday...

9326678-large.jpg
    left the forum March 2023
  • rubertoe
    From the beeb
    Yellow alert of rain

0015 on Sun 10 August
    To:
    2345 on Sun 10 August

Updated 27 minutes ago

There is the risk of severe weather during Sunday as a depression tracks over, or close to, the UK. At this stage there is more than average uncertainty in the forecast, but the public should be aware of the risk of heavy rain, strong winds and large waves, sufficient to disrupt transport and make outdoor activities dangerous.

This is a particularly volatile situation, and this warning is likely to be changed as the event approaches.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I'm hearing that Wiggo will be riding on Sunday now?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    elbowloh wrote:

Yeah, he's got a 6:50 slot... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    elbowloh wrote:

Yeah, he's got a 6:50 slot... :wink:

He's trying to stay ahead of the weather is he :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    He was told to turn up at "the Velodrome", little does he know he's not riding the track that day :shock: :lol:
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    I look forward to seeing you all in your shiny new gabbas. Have fun out there.
  • rubertoe
    vermin wrote:
    I look forward to seeing you all in your shiny new gabbas. Have fun out there.

Not me.

I couldnt afford one, so I bought a jar of MTFU instead.

:wink: