Thatcher is Dead

Comments

• ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    You couldn't resist, could you Vtech?
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    daviesee wrote:
    I'm struggling to think of the good in Hitler?
    Autobahns?

But wasn't there original purpose to be able to move troops rapidly from one side of the country to the other?
  • CambsNewbie
    VTech wrote:
    Hitler implemented countless great things I to German society. Do you think Germany became a super power from nothing ?
    He was radical and innovative and then through reasons I have no idea about became something history will always refer to as a monster.
    I'm not sure history has ever argued over his leadership ability, quite the opposite, he had immense presence to do what he did, however chose to use that power for negativity rather than good.
    His idealisms would if possible stop wars throughout time but as with all idealisms, not everyone will agree.

Come and tell my Jewish friend who lost countless members of her family in Poland how radical and innovative he was..
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    daviesee wrote:
    Autobahns?

But wasn't there original purpose to be able to move troops rapidly from one side of the country to the other?
    I didn't say the original intention was good but you can't deny that good came of them post war.
    Same could be said for the roman road routes in England. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    daviesee wrote:
    Autobahns?

Nope. Troops were moved by rail.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    daviesee wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    Autobahns?

I didn't say the original intention was good but you can't deny that good came of them post war.
    Same could be said for the roman road routes in England. :wink:

What have the Romans ever done for us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso
  • CambsNewbie
    ooermissus wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    Autobahns?

Nope. Troops were moved by rail.

I bow to your greater knowledge and stand corrected..
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    VTech wrote:
    Hitler implemented countless great things I to German society. Do you think Germany became a super power from nothing ?
    He was radical and innovative and then through reasons I have no idea about became something history will always refer to as a monster.
    I'm not sure history has ever argued over his leadership ability, quite the opposite, he had immense presence to do what he did, however chose to use that power for negativity rather than good.
    His idealisms would if possible stop wars throughout time but as with all idealisms, not everyone will agree.
    Got to be the finest example of jumping straight out of the river and into the keep net EVER. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    The negative by OOfrikerERmissus was expected.

Again, taking what I have written, changing the true meaning and making assumptions.

Find me any historian who would disagree with my comments, thats the challenge sir.

As for the Jews in Poland comment, I would never argue anything about the horrors. I didnt comment on those, just good implementations showing how the worst in life can come from good.

Fred west, hitler, saddam hussain etc etc were all born good and did good things.
    What historians and the like want to understand is what turned them, what happened to make them what they became.
    Living MY dream.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Heard a question the other day.

If all babies are born innocent what makes them become evil?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    Heard a question the other day.

If all babies are born innocent what makes them become evil?

Thats the infinite question, and the meaning of my post.
    My best friend from school and best man is a psychiatric doctor who works with the worst people the UK has to offer when they commit the most heinous crimes and plead temporary insanity to try and get away with it.
    One thing that is common within his industry (what else to call it) is that they can never really understand why someone changes.
    What changed Hitler (as this thread turned into that) ?
    He was a good man, he was loved, not just by his people but other countries.
    Why would this man who people classed as charismatic, charming, clever, innovative become such a tyrant ?
    How could he become a part of one of the worst crimes in history ?
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech
    I would like to add just a few facts for ooermissus.

What Hitler did for the world.

First implementation of the banning of vivisection
    First implementation of animal conservation
    First anti-tobacco implementation (VERY forward thinking and innovative for the times)
    First welfare programmes
    VW
    Autobahn
    Design programme for rockets
    Huge innovations in film and moving pictures
    Huge innovations within fashion
    Medical advances never before seen or repeated

Next time you need an operation or one of your family members or friends is on the edge of life (I seriously hope that never happens but you understand my meaning I hope) remember that Hitler organised huge advances never before seen elsewhere in the world.
    He was incredibly forward thinking and was loved by the world over yet only a few years later became the most hated man in modern history.

I dont know why he did those things, why he orchestrated the worst things a man could.

I hope this post is more clear for you but I await your next method of factual tennis with me where I will again be more than willing to hit back a volley of truly destructive force as always :)

On a lighter note, I do find your constant nagging in poor taste during such touchy subjects as it can bring offence to people when they may wrongly take what you say thinking I really have been unsympathetic towards millions of people.
    Living MY dream.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    That is an interesting question - I was goign to post before that yur statement

"His idealisms would if possible stop wars throughout time but as with all idealisms"

Is probably more profound than you know- :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • VTech
    That is an interesting question - I was goign to post before that yur statement

"His idealisms would if possible stop wars throughout time but as with all idealisms"

Is probably more profound than you know- :D

The difference is that you have the intelligence to ask if unsure, ooermissus simply assumes and not only that, he tries to make others assume. I feel strongly about this as he acts similar to vigilaties who get it wrong but thats too late for the fellow they have just beat the crap out of.

To answer your question though, as above really, he had great concepts, innovative for their time and have benefited humanity through the years.
    Hundreds of millions have benefited from policies he set up.

Now just because thats what happened in his early years, I dont condone what he did later of course.
    Living MY dream.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    VTech wrote:

First anti-tobacco implementation (VERY forward thinking and innovative for the times)
    First welfare programmes
    VW
    Autobahn

Next time you need an operation or one of your family members or friends is on the edge of life (I seriously hope that never happens but you understand my meaning I hope) remember that Hitler organised huge advances never before seen elsewhere in the world.
    He was incredibly forward thinking and was loved by the world over yet only a few years later became the most hated man in modern history.

I dont know why he did those things, why he orchestrated the worst things a man could.

I hope this post is more clear for you but I await your next method of factual tennis with me where I will again be more than willing to hit back a volley of truly destructive force as always :)

On a lighter note, I do find your constant nagging in poor taste during such touchy subjects as it can bring offence to people when they may wrongly take what you say thinking I really have been unsympathetic towards millions of people.

And do you know how Hitler organised such huge medical advances??

By experimenting on Jews. Perhaps we should resume human experimentation?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    VTech wrote:

Now just because thats what happened in his early years, I dont condone what he did later of course.

No-one could possibly condone the 'comb over'
  • VTech
    seanoconn wrote:
    VTech wrote:

First welfare programmes
    VW
    Autobahn

Thats a VERY appalling comment.
    My comment was based on factual history and of course with no relationship to what happened LATER in his rule.
    You should be very careful when you try to drag what people write into such appalling circumstances.

I am not claiming hitler was at the forefront of huge medical advances throughout his time.

History did that.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech
    Please read this;

http://joshuapundit.blogspot.co.uk/2013 ... oneer.html

Again, I will strongly state that I in no way would ever condone what happened during the war years, before or after.
    I am appalled and shocked at what some have suggested above hence the strong stance taken, I have previously stated in other threads about war that the UK too have a lot to answer for but thats a different thread.
    Living MY dream.
  • seanoconn
    VTech wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    VTech wrote:

First welfare programmes
    VW
    Autobahn

Thats a VERY appalling comment.
    My comment was based on factual history and of course with no relationship to what happened LATER in his rule.
    You should be very careful when you try to drag what people write into such appalling circumstances.

I am not claiming hitler was at the forefront of huge medical advances throughout his time.

History did that.
    :lol: My comment is very appalling and i'm the one who should be careful?? Nice try Vtech :wink:

Please continue bigging up Hitler .........popcorn.gif
  • VTech
    No, your insinuation that I am condoning atrocities is the appalling thing. I made myself very clear.
    I have posted fact based on historical facts, you have used that to fight me.

Using the deaths of millions of Jews to fight me is appalling and as im sat with a Jew right now at work (he asked me to put that in) he finds what you have suggested with ooermissus to be highly offensive.
    Living MY dream.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Interestingly though,just as an aside - you and frank asked how innocence is corrupted - why the emergence of hate and anger - well the answer is in this very thread.

Its so much a part of our 'reality' though that its overlooked - it's a re-statement of an ideology or belief that is present it almost every film you've seen, every book you've read, every cultural product you've ever consumed.

It is the belief that arguments can be won by violence- or more readily that violence is an acceptable way of finding a solution. Its in most if not all films for example - and here we see it as on this forum as an answer to some posts - aggressive responses are intended to end an argument.

Doesnt justify or explain a nation glorifying itself - but it is more understandable if you see a state that can create a problem - personify it as a race and ask for support to use violence to solve the problem.
  • seanoconn
    VTech wrote:
    No, your insinuation that I am condoning atrocities is the appalling thing. I made myself very clear.
    I have posted fact based on historical facts, you have used that to fight me.

Using the deaths of millions of Jews to fight me is appalling and as im sat with a Jew right now at work (he asked me to put that in) he finds what you have suggested with ooermissus to be highly offensive.
    I wasn't aware we were fighting?

I'm say next to two Jews and they find your posts about Hitler disgusting and highly offensive ( they asked me to put that in )
  • ballysmate

It is the belief that arguments can be won by violence- or more readily that violence is an acceptable way of finding a solution. Its in most if not all films for example - and here we see it as on this forum as an answer to some posts - aggressive responses are intended to end an argument.

Come here and say that and I'll smash your face in! :lol::lol: :roll:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • VTech
    Interestingly though,just as an aside - you and frank asked how innocence is corrupted - why the emergence of hate and anger - well the answer is in this very thread.

Its so much a part of our 'reality' though that its overlooked - it's a re-statement of an ideology or belief that is present it almost every film you've seen, every book you've read, every cultural product you've ever consumed.

Doesnt justify or explain a nation glorifying itself - but it is more understandable if you see a state that can create a problem - personify it as a race and ask for support to use violence to solve the problem.

Very deep but so true.
    I try to live my life in a way that shows compassion, I try to be incredibly open and transparent in all that I do as I find it the best way to live my life. The same way I live personally is by the way I have been seen on this forum, not so good over the internet.
    I cant stand to see people fight with others, using abuse to argue, causing offence to others at the time of a death of an old woman for example.

I just cant see the point in it.
    I dont get jealous, I dont suffer hatred and it works for me.

I cant fathom why others seem to thrive from it.

@seanoccon, I dont believe you as the statements I made are historical facts and the article I quoted was written by a jewish writer, I chose that due to the sensitive nature of the post.

I quoted history, nothing more, nothing less. History is not offensive to anyone.
    What is done in history can be offensive, thats the fine line.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:

Yeah?

enandshirtwithswastikaarmpatch-vi.jpg
  • VTech
    Where do you think the scout uniform came from ?
    Living MY dream.
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    VTech wrote:

Baden Powell :roll:
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Any piccies of Thatcher norks anyone? And no, piccies of Mark the Tit don't count.
  • VTech
    diplodicus wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Baden Powell :roll:

They were of German descendants. Early pictures of Baden were similar to that pictured above hence after meeting Baden in the early years he adopted many key points for the "hitler youth"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -show.html
    Living MY dream.