Any Oenophile's here ?

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Anyway, im off to a lapdancing bar, I have a few 20's that need throwing.

Nice joke dude. :lol:

Ohh I'm not joking. I'm sat here looking at some rather nice girls. There is one particular tattoo'd lass who can move quite well.
    Living MY dream.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    VTech wrote:
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Ohh I'm not joking. I'm sat here looking at some rather nice girls. There is one particular tattoo'd lass who can move quite well.

That's my missus. My failure to invest in Chateau Nerve Gas over the last twenty years means that she has to do a little extra after clocking off from Sainsburys.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    VTech wrote:

Deadpan doesn't come across so well on the internet...
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    VTech wrote:
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    VTech wrote:

I can't think of a sadder sight; someone sitting in a lap dancing bar whilst tapping away on a PDA.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • EKIMIKE
    MattC59 wrote:
    I can't think of a sadder sight; someone sitting in a lap dancing bar whilst tapping away on a PDA.

with a boner and some 20's... :lol: LOL It's terrible.

PS I wonder how many oenophile's are clicking on this thread expecting to be reading about strip clubs, tattoo's and boners. Shocking.
  • Yellow Peril
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

with a boner and some 20's... :lol: LOL It's terrible.

PS I wonder how many oenophile's are clicking on this thread expecting to be reading about strip clubs, tattoo's and boners. Shocking.

Is there such a thing as a boner-phile?
    @JaunePeril

• Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Strip joints and fine wines. Crikey this takes me back to the golf years.....
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Bitter, wine and titty bars - just like a night out in Alsager. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    VTech wrote:
    Maybe some of you should listen to me, I post good advice and am not even charging for it.

You told everyone they were sure to profit by investing in an asset that has lost 20% of its value over the past 2 years. That's good advice?
  • VTech
    ooermissus wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Maybe some of you should listen to me, I post good advice and am not even charging for it.

You told everyone they were sure to profit by investing in an asset that has lost 20% of its value over the past 2 years. That's good advice?

And this is why it's difficult trying to advise people. Wine, fine wine has lost value based on previous yields but overall that yield is superb. If I were totally honest with you guys I would be ridiculed but you don't have to take my advice. I don't lie, the advice is good.
    Take a case of lafite over the last 30 years and tell me if any haven't doubled in value.
    It's easy to pick faults but you guys seem to love it, I read easier where someone argued a point about wheels with ugo, he is a wheel man who offered advice, best to take that advice as normally you have to pay for pro advise.
    Most of is charge for what we know, it's what turns the world. Would a builder tell you how to do a job at home so you can do it yourself ?
    You pay every day for advise so I can't see the problem with taking it onboard.
    Living MY dream.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    VTech wrote:
    .........Take a case of lafite over the last 30 years and tell me if any haven't doubled in value.....
    Not joining in the bashing but doubling your yield over 30 years is a pretty poor return.
    Not having the figures to hand but I am fairly sure that inflation would have gobbled that up.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • VTech
    daviesee wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    .........Take a case of lafite over the last 30 years and tell me if any haven't doubled in value.....
    Not joining in the bashing but doubling your yield over 30 years is a pretty poor return.
    Not having the figures to hand but I am fairly sure that inflation would have gobbled that up.

To explain better, there isn't one that hasn't doubled, in fact far greater and far better than bank and inflation.
    A 73 Montelena at less than £5 now worth more than £50k.
    I'm not forcing you guys to listen, I've just offered good advice.
    Living MY dream.
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    VTech wrote:
    Wine, fine wine has lost value based on previous yields but overall that yield is superb. If I were totally honest with you guys I would be ridiculed but you don't have to take my advice. I don't lie, the advice is good.
    Take a case of lafite over the last 30 years and tell me if any haven't doubled in value.

Money put in a deposit account 30 years would have trebled in value by now. You really don't understand this stuff, do you?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I'll take your word for it but invest elsewhere.
    Wine and whisky are for drinking, bikes are for riding and cars are to be driven.
    I will enjoy these pleasures for what they are and treat investments as just that.

PS, I have drunk some very collectable malts and have no qualms or regrets about it at all.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • VTech
    ooermissus wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Wine, fine wine has lost value based on previous yields but overall that yield is superb. If I were totally honest with you guys I would be ridiculed but you don't have to take my advice. I don't lie, the advice is good.

Money put in a deposit account 30 years would have trebled in value by now. You really don't understand this stuff, do you?

No. I have no clue.
    Living MY dream.
  • EKIMIKE
    35943719.jpg
    VTech wrote:
    No. I have no clue.

At least he's honest. Commendable.
  • VTech
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    35943719.jpg
    VTech wrote:
    No. I have no clue.

At least he's honest. Commendable.

Whilst you spent your valuable time making that image with your law books sat on the shelf, ive been having a great time wondering why you dont put the same effort into your future and invest your efforts to a greater cause.
    Living MY dream.
  • EKIMIKE
    How do you know i'm not researching an essay on financial crime and just taking a break from reading about securities fraud and re-hypothecation?
  • VTech
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    How do you know i'm not researching an essay on financial crime and just taking a break from reading about securities fraud and re-hypothecation?

Dont waste your time being a hater, you too have the power.
    img2247rq.jpg
    Living MY dream.
  • Yellow Peril
    VTech wrote:
    EKIMIKE wrote:

Dont waste your time being a hater, you too have the power.
    img2247rq.jpg

Judging by the amount of dust in the wine aisle of that supermarket I'd say it was shoprite Ramsey.
    @JaunePeril

• Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    Your watch is on your right?!! Nooooooooooooooooo!
  • VTech
    The hands aren't mine. They belong to one of the most famous winemakers in history. A man who shaped the way wine is perceived in the new worlds today.
    BTW, I also wear my watch on the right wrist.
    Living MY dream.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    team47b wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    VTech, try posting something that is not about materialism/money and see what happens, could be the content that is causing antagonism or maybe some other trait... :D

I did, and the very same people jumped in as always.

BTW, every post about bikes is materialistic.

What I meant was not to mention money in every comment and try and avoid making remarks that are antagonistic as you have in your reply to me :D

To be fair to VTech, I don't think every post he makes is directly about money, more indirectly in that he likes to drop in references to his lifestyle which is perhaps more affluent than the average? His robust and tenacious posting style to perceived and actual critical comments about this and his life priorities are perhaps why he is where he is today?
    Oh and I'm not defending him (not that he needs this) nor am I in a similar situation (wealth wise) - it just doesn't bother me that much as my priorities are rather different.
    Arthur, nail hit firmly on the head I reckon.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    When a person talks about matters that relate to him or her it is always difficult to give an open reasoning to a person who asks a question without relating to circumstances.
    People on here will often ask what the best bike is for a certain cost range.
    I can't help the fact that money hasn't been an issue in my bike choices and in other aspects of my life. I work hard ad have had some good fortune but I'm not going to apologise for that.
    Living MY dream.
  • EKIMIKE
    VTech wrote:
    it is always difficult to give an open reasoning to a person who asks a question without relating to circumstances.

Really? It's difficult to explain things without referring to yourself?

The reality is, like all devout consumerists, you are self-obsessed.
  • VTech
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    it is always difficult to give an open reasoning to a person who asks a question without relating to circumstances.

Really? It's difficult to explain things without referring to yourself?

The reality is, like all devout consumerists, you are self-obsessed.

A guy comes on the forum, asks for the best bike for his budget, he gives a budget of £500, this assists the people replying as they will not specify a bike costing more than £500. This is quite important when asking this question.

I however have not asked for any assistance based on money, I dont need too which obviously offends you but dont get jealous, if you need to get some of that energy out of your system your welcome to come round mine and take this for a spin.

avent.jpg

It sits in the garage as its not too nice to drive, another impulsive purchase but hey ho.

Dont be a hater my friend, you too can make something of yourself, put the same effort into those books and maybe one day you can assist me with some litigation.
    Living MY dream.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    You just can't help yourself, can you Vtech........
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I don't know about others but I reckon this thread's turned a bit ugly. I hasten to add, I'm not offended by it or asking for the mods to take any sort of action (just to clarify).
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • EKIMIKE
    edited March 2013
    VTech wrote:
    [...]dont get jealous[...]

Dont be a hater my friend, you too can make something of yourself, put the same effort into those books and maybe one day you can assist me with some litigation.

You are mistaken. I am not jealous of your wealth. Your wealth is neither here nor there, especially as i have no idea how wealthy (or not) you are. It is your attitude i am trolling. :wink:

Anyway, litigation doesn't interest me :lol: . Neither does money or career status. I just want to get my studies over and done with so i can actually be a useful member of society. I don't want a big house or a fast car, just a place to live that suits my needs and i'll only get a car if i need one - so good luck trying to paint me as jealous. :roll: