Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Check out the Cannondale Supersix Evo Black test. 732g frame / 5470g complete !

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... latt.9.htm
  • Some good news at last. Just had an email saying that they are just changing the brakes from continental to UK...should be with ups tomorrow or the latest early next week, then they will send tracking number.

Regarding weight of frame..canyons website does state the 790g weight is for a large frame. Think triradars scales are out ;-)...I believe the German magazine at 795g.

Has anyone else received there ultimate cf slx Team yet ?
  • JWi
    JWi Posts: 2
    My bike weighs right out of the box 6:06 kg.
    which is a size m.
    It's a ultimate CF SLX 9.0 sl

• adamfo wrote:

Twice the price.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Not quite on a frameset to framset comparability basis.

But the Nano is a thing of beauty and the chainset is very pleasing on the eye
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    adamfo wrote:

Twice the price.

smaller frame too

nitpicking though, as they all look filth
  • mulvers
    mulvers Posts: 9
    Some good news at last. Just had an email saying that they are just changing the brakes from continental to UK...should be with ups tomorrow or the latest early next week, then they will send tracking number.

Regarding weight of frame..canyons website does state the 790g weight is for a large frame. Think triradars scales are out ;-)...I believe the German magazine at 795g.

Got mine today, left Germany on Tuesday.
    Was slightly nervous about the colour as had never seen it in the flesh.....
    Opened box and WOW!!!! It is stunning and finished immaculately.
    Not yet set up to ride but to my eyes at least, it is a thing of beauty!!
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    mulvers wrote:
    Some good news at last. Just had an email saying that they are just changing the brakes from continental to UK...should be with ups tomorrow or the latest early next week, then they will send tracking number.

Congrats, what colour you get?
  • mulvers wrote:

Pictures please ...
  • mulvers
    mulvers Posts: 9
    It's the team so no colour choice!
    Trust me Iwantmebike, pictures wouldn't do it justice, and the weight of the thing is incredible, plus mines a XL!!!
    When you first open the box you will love it!
    Long ride today on my current bike then working all weekend so mine won't be set up properly till Mon/Tue.
    So glad I didn't cancel now!
  • RonnieC
    RonnieC Posts: 28
    Well, Canyon have finally broken me. Order is cancelled.
    I spoke with them last Thursday to confirm the bike would be shipped this week. They told me some models and sizes were delayed, but mine was ok. They had the frame, groupset, wheels - everything was OK.
    I hadn't received a despatch notice yet, so emailed this morning to see if it was going to ship. Then I get a response saying it has been delayed and they will let me know further information in 2 weeks!
    This is the 3rd delay, and not once have they informed me of the delay...only when I asked them on the week of delivery. Absolutely pathetic customer care, and I'm sick of them using a cheap bike as an excuse.
    I ordered the bike for a trip to the Stelvio, which is in 10 days...a real 'nice to have', but what's the point now?
    An end to a 5 month saga....
  • Week 28 arrives, will my bike ? Or will it be delay number 5 ?
  • Its coming, got my UPS email this morning. Think they are collecting it today. So what day can i expect it. How long did others take to arrive please from the initial ups email ?
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Mine's finally here, though not had a chance to ride it yet so it's a very expensive ornament. From getting the email to delivery was only two days.
  • DrWally
    DrWally Posts: 54
    finally got around setting up the bike.

dumb question regarding the di system: there's a power input in the little box that goes under the handle bars, but I can't figure out how to connect it to the net? Is there supposed to be some adaptor in the bike guard? Are you supposed to buy it seperately? Or am I missing something?
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Connect it to the net? There's an interface box that you can buy to configure it, but not sure what you mean by connecting to the net.
  • DrWally
    DrWally Posts: 54
    powernet :) sorry I guess that was a dutch-english thing.

I found the adapter, thanks!
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    If its got the battery in the post and a 3 or 5 post junction box under the stem then if you get a SM-BCR2 you can charge it and also update the firmware using a pc and the shimano e-tube software.
  • Henry_m1
    Henry_m1 Posts: 5
    I have ordered the frame as the size and colour I want is sold out till October. However I want to install di2 but I cant seem to find any info of how to install this in to the frame (I hear that the battery can be installed somewhere around the BB) are there instructions somewhere on the net and what type of di2 kit do I need? any help would be appreciated
  • jezzpalmer
    Finally got my bike after 9 months. Huzah!

Shame the seat stay is cracked... FFS.

Wonder how long this is going to take to resolve. :(
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Oh man, that's not good. I was dreading something like that happening with mine. Brace yourself, I fear.
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    jezzpalmer wrote:
    Finally got my bike after 9 months. Huzah!

Shame the seat stay is cracked... FFS.

Wonder how long this is going to take to resolve. :(

Dude that sucks. Surely they would have noticed that if it happened before they packed the bike. Was the Bikeguard box damaged?
  • jezzpalmer
    Yes, you'd have thought they'd notice.
    No major damage to the box, a couple of dinks , but nothing catastrophic.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Ouch :( hopefully they have stock of warranty replacement frames and yours can be done from that rather than having to wait on a new frame delivery to them
  • jezzpalmer
    I had a reply pretty quick and satisfactory reply from Canyon, and it's going back.
    I was given an option of a new frame, which would be the quickest solution by a week or so by the time it's built up; but going to go for the whole replacement bike option.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Fingers crossed the next one is OK.
    After hearing about all the problems with delivery times etc I am SLOWLY going off the idea of keeping it on my next bike list but they look a fantastic bike.
  • Henry_m1 wrote:
    I have ordered the frame as the size and colour I want is sold out till October. However I want to install di2 but I cant seem to find any info of how to install this in to the frame (I hear that the battery can be installed somewhere around the BB) are there instructions somewhere on the net and what type of di2 kit do I need? any help would be appreciated

I asked Canyon the same thing, their advice 'get it professionally fitted'

I suggest you just need the internal seat post di2 battery
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jezzpalmer
    Yep the battery appears to be in the downtube and inserted from a hole under the BB.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    christ jezz, of all the luck, you really should get some goodies from them for the inconvenience
  • jezzpalmer
    giant man wrote:
    christ jezz, of all the luck, you really should get some goodies from them for the inconvenience

Well, freebies are always nice but I'd be happy with a working bike TBH.
    If they are reading this an want to send me stuff, or expedite the shipping a bit, then I'd be grateful. :D

In fairness Canyon UK have been great so far. :)
    New bike is ordered (wk 31 though) and UPS have been arranged to pick up the old one.