Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• Lol..come to think of it that accent was a bit Basil Fawlty !
  • mulvers
    mulvers Posts: 9
    Just this second had a phone call from a German bloke.

The Ultimate SLX Team will go into production next week , so your delivery is now scheduled for wk 28 and may take 5 days to arrive. I expect your delivery to arrive by the 15th July !!
    The last email I had on 30th May stated that there had been problems with production but everything was now back to normal and the given delivery date of week 26 was expected to be accurate. Four weeks on and they now say it's back to normal??
    Sounds like more excuses to me, hopefully I'm wrong. Never in a million years would I have ever expected to wait 7 months for a pedal bike!!!!! And still it's not here.
  • jphoward
    jphoward Posts: 6
    Well that proves my theory that the Team model was never going to be dispatched this week, so thats why they refunded my funds last Friday. I gave them until 4pm to call and explain the refund, short payment & lack of fulfilling the 'binding' date...just over an hour to go and i dont hold out great hopes of a call. Read T&C's and there's nothing in there, so will let our legal team fight them for the £145 via small claims process.
  • I expect your delivery to arrive by the 15th July !!

Might be worth checking they mean 2013 and not some other July.
  • Hi everybody, One more waiting for a ultimate cf slx 9.0 medium stealth delayed to next week....i hope!

But bad bad was this :|

http://www.rennrad-news.de/forum/thread ... en.119555/
  • "Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we were waiting for an update through from Germany on a batch of orders.

Unfortunately yours is subject to a further delay and is now due to ship in Week 28...........

I appreciate this new delay is frustrating on top of the previous ones, we are now into a very busy period at our factory in Germany which is why delivery dates can change at such short notice."

Thanks Canyon, will you ever manage to build my bike ?
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Hi everybody, One more waiting for a ultimate cf slx 9.0 medium stealth delayed to next week....i hope!

But bad bad was this :|

http://www.rennrad-news.de/forum/thread ... en.119555/

what was the problem - I don't speak German. Guy seemed to have his bike, but thread is full of exclamation marks!
  • I don´t Speak german too but i used the google translator.

The guy received his bike after waiting seven months and then was stolen.
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Just received this...
    We'd like to share with you some more information on your order of a Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 TEAM from Canyon Bicycles. Unfortunately your order is subject to an additional delay in shipping of 2 Week(s) from our factory in Germany, it is now due to ship in Week 28 (we are currently in Week 26).
  • mulvers
    mulvers Posts: 9
    Well, as they weren't contacting me to let me know my bike wouldn't be coming this week, I contacted them.
    Confirmed bike wouldn't be here this week and checking today's latest list said my bike was delayed a week and should now ship next week! Asked if this was binding and told 'no'!! They actually worded it 'IT WOULD BE MORE THAN VAGUE TO TELL YOU THAT THE ORDER IS DEFINITELY GOING TO BE SHIPPED NEXT WEEK, WE PREFER TO STAY REALISTIC'!!!!! WTF!!
    Asked several times why they didn't have the courtesy of telling me my bike wouldn't be here this week and ignored each time. Still waiting for an answer.
    Asked where my free 'gifts' were and still waiting for an answer to that.
    They gave the impression they couldn't give a flying ferret whether I cancelled.
    Wish they weren't such good value, I want to tell them to shove the bike somewhere!!
  • Brommers76
    Brommers76 Posts: 234
    Surely if you pay for a bike from a company who trade in Euros they will refund you in Euros. If the exchange rate has changed since you paid then the refund is likely to be converted into £'s that is a different amount to the original amount you paid. I assume your bank converts the currency?
  • jezco
    jezco Posts: 6
    Canyon moved my, already cancelled, order to week 29.

Funny how the letter started with "Dear Mr. Kawano...". That's not me, but hey, it happens. :)
    It's Canyon quality customer service after all.

I bought Cannondale SuperSix Evo DI2 today with a wheel upgrade so I'm quite happy and getting the bike from LBS on monday - tuesday. Got a decent deal on the prize too since it was last one they had with size 54.
  • Flieger
    Flieger Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    sorry to hear about all your delivery problems.

A success-story between all the bad ones:
    I ordered my "slx 9.0 SL" two months ago and got confirmation today that the UPS label has been created and it's being handed over within the next 24hrs. The bike was sold out for some quite some time before I ordered, so I suppose that I've just taken over a cancelled order...

During the process Canyon Denmark has been very informative and they've answered all my questions by phone/email every time I've had questions etc (I've been quite active on the phone getting updates).

I allready have a 2011 slx, which I'm very happy with, and can't wait to try the new frame.

Good luck and good summer!
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    Low-fi wrote:
    stan1000 wrote:
    Cebebee, its not just you, I got a similarly worded email update from Canyon.......and my order has been delayed again

To summarise:
    Original ordered week 14 -Initial delivery set as week 19
    delayed to wk 25 (in wk 18)
    delayed to wk 27 (in wk 25)
    Delayed to wk 31 (in wk 26)

Thats ~3 months of delay, seriously hacked off now ... FFS

No email update here. They're still going to get back to me, but just off the phone to them. Also week 31, TBC. There are literally no smilies to express my current anger.

They're managing a small group of really really angry customers, rather than a larger set of moderately angry ones, hence the reason they won't move/reschedule.

So, my saga has settled down. TL;DR version: my bike is shipping in the next 48 hours, after being bumped to week 31.

As some of you may recall (see above), last Wednesday was mid-week 25, and when I spoke to Canyon on the phone the bike was in about to be assembled. Come Friday, they'd run out of frames, and my week 25 bike had been (verbally) bumped to week 27 shipping.

So, I phoned on Monday this week to get confirmation of week 27, and it had been moved again to week 31 (end of July). I had a really good long chat with the UK manager on Tuesday (who I genuinely believe is irritated about the whole situation too – I would be, he's got us and Germany to deal with!), who basically said there wasn't much he could do, but he would try.

I hadn't heard anything by else, so by Wednesday 17:00, I phoned my bike fitter to move my appointment again. Left a voicemail, because he was out. Twenty minutes later...Canyon UK phone. You'll never guess...

They tell me that the bike is in the assembly area, and will be shipped by the end of this week (week 26). I haven't a clue how it's happened.. I'm obviously very pleased, but still really gutted for everyone else who's on the receiving end of the comms drama. I would have waited until week 31, as it'll be another 6-8 months before the 2014 bike ship.

Moral of the story: phone your bike fitter to cancel the appointment. Your bike will ship quicker.
  • graemeho
    graemeho Posts: 36
    my experiences with Canyon todate ...... ordered slx 8.0 ES, wanted a 8.0 but system was showing week 26 shipment for the 8.0ES, several weeks earlier than a vanilla 8.0. So ordered it.

3 days later system still showing week 26 fro the 8.0ES . Sure enough, order acknowledgement came back from canyon 3 days later .. guess what week 31 ( end July). Talked to Canyon UK, they said that they build in batches and my order had just misssed the week 26 batch. Last week, canyon web site started showing week 28 fro the 8.0ES. Here was me thinking that my order would be automatically pulled into week 28 batch. BUT NO. Just heard this morning from them that i am still week 31. seems that when they create additional production capacity, they fill this with new orders. existing orders get bumped!!

Lesson. watch the web site and place new orders on Canyon and then wait until one of them gets acknowledged with a better slot. When sure of a shipment, cancel the rest of the orders. Canyon may end up with too much stock at the end of the day, but may be a good lesson for them to learn how to manage customers in an allocation situation. The bikes seem good, based on all the feedback. The management of customer allocation and service something else!! Sort of feel sorry for the Canyon UK team, who are powerless to do anything about the situation, other than handle irrate customers.

Off down the local bike shops to see what end of season deals are on offer for £3300 between now and week 31 !
  • skyblueamateur
    skyblueamateur Posts: 1,498
    People are spending a small fortune and getting treated like sh!t. Unbelievable situation regardless of how good the bikes are.
  • DrWally
    DrWally Posts: 54
    People are spending a small fortune and getting treated like sh!t. Unbelievable situation regardless of how good the bikes are.

exactly. It's really unacceptable.
  • Hi...of those lucky people who have theirs..has anyone weighed the frame?
    Not sure I would bother stripping it down just to weigh the frame, but a review from triradar claims their large frame came in at 915g with bb cups. Quite a bit out of the claimed 790g.
  • Do you think they stuffed some newspapers in the tubes?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • No.
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Payment was taken for my SLX today, and should be shipping tomorrow. :shock:
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Hi...of those lucky people who have theirs..has anyone weighed the frame?
    Not sure I would bother stripping it down just to weigh the frame, but a review from triradar claims their large frame came in at 915g with bb cups. Quite a bit out of the claimed 790g.

as you say it includes the BB cups, and I'm sure the 790g was prob for the small frame

anyway did you also notice that the triradar bike was 6.11kg for the large, under the 6.2kg claimed weight?
  • Low-fi
    jezzpalmer wrote:
    Payment was taken for my SLX today, and should be shipping tomorrow. :shock:

Congrats. Mine should be arriving tomorrow, fingers crossed
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    Congrats folks. Prepare to give the refresh button a good workout once Ye get the tracking number from UPS :-) Just back from a spin there, Ye're in for a treat.
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Touchwood it looks like my colour change play might have paid off - this came this morning which feels something close to 'binding' at last...
    Your order is currently being processed and will be handed over to UPS within
    the next 48 hours. You will then receive a confirmation of dispatch from us by e-mail together
    with the tracking number of the consignment. The tracking number allows you to
    constantly monitor the status of the consignment via Internet.

Fingers crossed I might actually be riding this thing before summer is out (assuming it's arrived?).
  • Low-fi
    homercles wrote:
    Touchwood it looks like my colour change play might have paid off - this came this morning which feels something close to 'binding' at last...
    Your order is currently being processed and will be handed over to UPS within
    the next 48 hours. You will then receive a confirmation of dispatch from us by e-mail together
    with the tracking number of the consignment. The tracking number allows you to
    constantly monitor the status of the consignment via Internet.

Fingers crossed I might actually be riding this thing before summer is out (assuming it's arrived?).

You're golden. It might even arrive before the weekend is out if they get it to UPS today or tomorrow.
  • mh13
    mh13 Posts: 81
    Sounds like you're all nearly getting there.

Had mine for a week now and definately worth the wait! Black and white 7.0, weighs in at 7.1kg's with pedals and everything else stock. The finish is flawless and so is the ride, very stiff, great handling yet still comfortable.
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Low-fi wrote:

You're golden. It might even arrive before the weekend is out if they get it to UPS today or tomorrow.

Yup, it's on the way now. Of course I'm away this weekend :roll:
  • JWi
    JWi Posts: 2
    after a long wait my canyon Ultimate CF SLX

mbwh.jpg

dnoy.jpg

lm45.jpg

azw5.jpg

more than worth it the waiting

• adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    edited July 2013
    Hi...of those lucky people who have theirs..has anyone weighed the frame?

The German magazine 'RoadBike' strip bikes down to test. The size 58 came in at 795g

http://www.roadbike.de/rennraeder/test- ... latt.9.htm

http://www.roadbike.de/rennraeder/test- ... 9473.9.htm

For those who weren't paying attention at school copy and paste these URLs into Google translate

https://translate.google.co.uk/?hl=en&tab=wT