Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• Its week 26. My promised build week. Hoping for an email today, nothing yet. Only been waiting since last October. maybe tomorrow is the day ?
  • Hi all...ordered mine in Jan.Postponed from wk 18 to wk 24 and now wk 26. On a plus received my free scarf :/.
    Here's hoping it's delivered this wk, no emails yet !!
  • Yes ive got my free scarf, also supposed to be getting free bib shorts, jersey and Oakley Sunglasses. We will see....
  • mulvers
    mulvers Posts: 9
    Week 26 for me too, from week 21 I think.
    No email yet so if it doesn't arrive this week I will be cancelling and ordering for next year.
    Also promised shorts/top plus Oakley's, none of which has arrived yet.
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    Hi all...ordered mine in Jan.Postponed from wk 18 to wk 24 and now wk 26. On a plus received my free scarf :/.
    Here's hoping it's delivered this wk, no emails yet !!

Did you contact them, or did they contact you? What model, frame colour, size etc did you order?
  • Hi Low-fi, I ordered a 9.0 team in medium with vls post 2.0 white decals , 12cm stem and a top cap on the 23rd jan. To be fair they contacted me to say it would be delayed and in light of this would i receive a free gift. I've sent numerous emails because I wanted to change the chainset from a compact to a standard. They did this no prob but on reading the invoice delivery went to wk 32!!! No chance ..so after a few more exchanges changed my order back with delivery back to wk 26. I sent an email to canyon uk (who have been pretty good at replying) last night to confirm that the bike will be sent this wk. No reply as of yet.
    Ill probably wait and wait ..and wait ...I've been emotional lol I feel like cancelling but I know it's a bargin. If I was to change i would be looking at spending another grand at least for the same spec!
    Think I need to complain a bit more ..no Oakleys for me !!
    Mat
  • cebebee
    cebebee Posts: 21
    Update.

E-mailed Canyon this morning to confirm my bike will be shipped next week (Wk 27) as per the last delayed conversation. Just received confirmation that it is still due to ship next week - we will see! (as it happens i will be in France with old faithful (that's the bike not the wife!) but obviously Canyon won't know that!)

9 Pro Medium in Stealth with VCLS2
    ordered 9 Jan - original delivery wk 22 then wk 25 then wk27
  • This is not sounding good based on the above ,looks like ill be waiting another 2wks. Sent another email to canyon Uk, confirming delivery date, added a bit about others getting cycling kit, Oakleys and free delivery. So wait to see what happens.
  • cebebee
    cebebee wrote:
    Update.

E-mailed Canyon this morning to confirm my bike will be shipped next week (Wk 27) as per the last delayed conversation. Just received confirmation that it is still due to ship next week - we will see! (as it happens i will be in France with old faithful (that's the bike not the wife!) but obviously Canyon won't know that!)

9 Pro Medium in Stealth with VCLS2
    ordered 9 Jan - original delivery wk 22 then wk 25 then wk27

Well, i guess it's my own EFFING fault!!! i should never have asked for an update!!!

just 2 hours after receiving confirmation that wk 27 was still good to go, i get a second email saying i've been bumped to wk 31 !!!

i got the old high demand lalalalala engineers working hard lalalala quality checks lalala and a new 400 peices of carbon to lay up excuse - despite having been told that they had resolved the delay issues weeks ago.

i've had to ask if they are being lied to by suppliers or if they are lying to me - it has to be one or the other!!

i'll let you know what they say!
  • stan1000
    stan1000 Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    Cebebee, its not just you, I got a similarly worded email update from Canyon.......and my order has been delayed again

To summarise:
    Originally ordered week 14 -Initial delivery set as week 19
    delayed to wk 25 (in wk 18)
    delayed to wk 27 (in wk 25)
    delayed to wk 31 (in wk 26)

Thats ~3 months of delay, seriously hacked off now ... FFS
  • same email was waiting for me when I got home ....

Thank you for your patience in waiting for delivery of your new Ultimate CF SLX 7.0 CT Gr.M from Canyon Bicycles. At this time we unfortunately have to inform you of a further delay in the delivery of your bike which is now due to ship in Week 31 (we are now in Week 26).

We sincerely apologise for this delay and can assure you we are doing our utmost to shorten delivery time for your bike.

We'd like to share some more details on the reason for this delay with you:

1: As the Ultimate CF SLX is a state-of-the-art carbon fiber frame, it requires a complex hand-layup of over 400 pieces of carbon fiber. Due to the extreme demands we have for this frame in weight and stiffness, the production time is longer than we anticipated.
    2: There has been an unexpectedly heavy demand for our new Ultimate CF SLX which has further impacted the limited supply of the product.

We are taking the following steps to resolve the current delay:
    1: Canyon engineers are working closely with our suppliers on-site in Asia to maximise the production, without compromising quality.
    2: Once completed, Canyon will air-freight all Ultimate CF SLX frames for final quality control & final assembly in Koblenz, Germany where they are assembled before final delivery to you.

Once again, we kindly request your understanding that Canyon Bicycles is working all-out to reduce this delivery delay.

Thank you again for your patience.

My patience is seriously wearing thin!
  • Low-fi
    stan1000 wrote:
    Cebebee, its not just you, I got a similarly worded email update from Canyon.......and my order has been delayed again

To summarise:
    Original ordered week 14 -Initial delivery set as week 19
    delayed to wk 25 (in wk 18)
    delayed to wk 27 (in wk 25)
    Delayed to wk 31 (in wk 26)

Thats ~3 months of delay, seriously hacked off now ... FFS

No email update here. They're still going to get back to me, but just off the phone to them. Also week 31, TBC. There are literally no smilies to express my current anger.

They're managing a small group of really really angry customers, rather than a larger set of moderately angry ones, hence the reason they won't move/reschedule.
  • Low-fi
    What's doubly irritating is that they now have frames for sale "from stock".
  • cebebee
    Low-fi wrote:

i know....and they've got a shed load of built bikes in stock as well (although if i remember corrctly, they are all the electronic shift frames not cable)

i think the production manager needs a rocket up his @rse............or maybe 400 peices of carbon and a scanning machine!!
  • Low-fi
    cebebee wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:

i know....and they've got a shed load of built bikes in stock as well (although if i remember corrctly, they are all the electronic shift frames not cable)

i think the production manager needs a rocket up his @rse............or maybe 400 peices of carbon and a scanning machine!!

Ohh, interesting. Even so, grrrh.

Now seriously considering my position, and whether to wait for a 2014 bike with SRAM Red 22...
  • stan1000
    stan1000 Posts: 49
    Low-fi wrote:
    Now seriously considering my position, and whether to wait for a 2014 bike with SRAM Red 22...

I've just emailed them asking for a wheelset upgrade, if I dont get that or a significant discount, I'm thinking I'll delay to next season too
  • What model did you order stan1000? Be interesting to hear how you get on with your request.

Delaying to week 31 (and not even convinced they'll honour that date at this stage) means the season is fast coming to an end so waiting for the 2014 model (which means 11 speed Ultegra) is looking more tempting by the day.

I see Rose are shipping their Xeon CRS 3000 with 11 Speed Ultegra already.
  • No email for me. Although interesting to here they may have frames for electronic shifting. It's a bit rubbish this..I need to know what's going on ..but don't incase they say wk 32!
    Lapierre 2013 ultimate team frame ..umm maybe
  • mh13
    mh13 Posts: 81
    probably not what some of you wan to hear, but I just picked up my SLX 7.0 in black and white - she's an absolute beauty and well worth the wait - so hang in there if you can guys.

I got it delivered to the office in Kingston and a really helpful guy (Martin) set it all up for me. Just about to head out for a test ride.
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    mh13 wrote:
    probably not what some of you wan to hear, but I just picked up my SLX 7.0 in black and white - she's an absolute beauty and well worth the wait - so hang in there if you can guys.

I got it delivered to the office in Kingston and a really helpful guy (Martin) set it all up for me. Just about to head out for a test ride.

Congrats to you but, it's a proper gut wrencher for all you other guys. The way Canyon are going about and handling all of this, is nothing short of a disgrace. Hang in there if you can though guys, it's a great bike at the end of the day.
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • jezco
    jezco Posts: 6
    Canyon emailed me this week to say they are sorry (again) but didn't give a new planned date.

My order: black & white 7.0 DI2 size M. Ordered in february. Original week 14.

I got told 3 times my final week is 25 but it's gone past it. If I get moved to week 31 I'm madly going to start looking at other options in LBSs and in the net. Seems to me that Wiggle has some really good discounts on Boardman SLR and AiR. I'd love to get my hands on AiR 9.8 or 9.4. Canyon has some Aeroads available but I don't trust them to deliver anything anymore.

Got a 70.3 ironman coming up on 20th july and I'm not going to ride it on my cyclocross.
  • This just in...

The production of the Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 TEAM has started which means that from now on we are talking about a couple of days when the order is finally going to be dispatched.

The process of assembling a batch and the quality check usually takes 3-5 working days. After that the order is released for dispatch. But having in mind that we are experiencing another delay of a different model, the dispatch date could be moved to the end of next week due to limited capacity in our production area.

So from 2 days to maybe next week ?
  • Low-fi
    Where's that from? The language is confusing!
  • That's from Canyon UK LTD.
  • Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I'm from Belgium and I ordered my CF SLX 9.0 SL back in January (size M, black and white, VCSL2.0).
    Its original delivery date was W18. They sent me the letter to state there were production problems.
    After that, I received an email that gave a new delivery week, W25.
    I asked for a compensation, did'nt want the bib's and shirt, so asked for a travel bag. They sent me that bag end of May!
    I tweeted them twice to ask an update on my delivery, they answered very fast.
    Yesterday morning, I received the UPS email, it's on its way right now!!! Should be delivered by the end of the day! Finally :)
    I post some pics as soon as it is race-ready!
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    I've only just thought to look for a thread on this subject on Bikeradar, having been suffering in the same way as many folk on here since December (yes, December!) of last year.

As briefly as possible, my fiance ordered the bike for me as a present towards the end of Dec 2012, with a projected delivery date of Week 11, 2013. This then extended to Week 17 which was unfortunate but one of those things. This then became (at late notice) Week 26, which has now passed (with no warning from Canyon that this would be happening).

The OH contacted them (not for the first time - she's spoken to them at least 5-6 times over the course of this ordeal) to ask what was going on and was told that they didn't know and they couldn't really say when it would be delivered. The guy on the phone at Canyon UK was apparently very rude and made it clear he didn't really care that the bike was delayed or the inconvenience this was causing. She's at the end of her tether now and is desperate to cancel the whole order.

I'm still trying to make it work and saw on the website that the same bike in a different colour was in stock, so have now changed the requested colour in the hope that this facilitates a speedy resolution. I'm not all that hopeful though. I spoke to the guy on the phone who said it was in stock and would ship after processing which takes 3 days. However, me and the OH have agreed that if there's no word on a ship date by next week then we'll cancel the whole thing; our faith in their ability to meet the dates they give is at zero point and without a shipping confirmation we could just end up waiting for the rest of the year. At this point I'm seriously considering what 2014 range changes might entail.

It's such a shame as after much research and now 6 months of waiting it's really the only bike I'm interested in having. I think production problems and delays are one thing and often can't be helped, but the standard of customer service and care during the wait has been abysmal. And it's clear that we've been leapfrogged in the order queue on any number of occasions which also grates immensely.
  • Week 26 hasnt passed, we are in week 26.
  • I also dont think people have been leapfrogged in the que. Different specs with different componets are being built in different batches. Order date appears to be illrelevant. Delivery depends on size and spec.
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Week 26 hasnt passed, we are in week 26.

Sorry, you're right. Point was, it was clear nothing was happening in Week 26 which Canyon have confirmed.
  • the_prophet
    the_prophet Posts: 426
    been following this since pretty much the start, with interest to see how people have faired with Canyon's service.

I bought last years model SLX 9.0 pro in september / august last year, and I have to say i couldnt have been happier with the service I had. Even a last minute change in size didnt affect my delivery date. Reading all the issues your all having with this years model, comes as a suprise, but what I'm more suprised at is the number of people saying there really fed up, and thinking about cancelling there order only to re-place it when next years model comes out.

Considering the problems they've had with this model, whats not to say the same thing won't happen next year? I'm not sure had i received the same service some of you've experienced i'd be so keen to re-order with them regardless of how good the bikes are. There were plenty of other options out there when I was looking.