Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    stan1000 wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:

I'm down for next week shipping. Did you send them a reminder the week before or did they get in touch with you on the quoted shipping week? Thinking of sending them a gentle reminder by email just incase.

My order is due for shipping next week too, so when do they take payment? I assume you haven't paid yet Skerryman?
    No I haven't paid yet. Haven't heard from them in a week so I'm hoping that means there's no issues. Not sure, but I think they usually send out the email to say order will be shipped in next 48hrs and thats when they take payment, maybe someone who has received theirs can confirm. Was thinking of emailing them to see if it's still OK. Have you had any contact?
  • stan1000
    stan1000 Posts: 49
    Skerryman wrote:
    . Was thinking of emailing them to see if it's still OK. Have you had any contact?

I emailed Canyon UK yesterday, and they confirmed it was still on track for shipping next week, but they couldn't say on which day.
  • jezco
    jezco Posts: 6
    Received an email yesterday that my order is realistic for next week's delivery aswell.. We'll see. I believe it when I get the tracking code.
  • mh13
    mh13 Posts: 81
    Same here! Due next week. Apparently they have got through their delays/delivery problems...
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    For those lucky souls who've had their bikes shipped and delivered: how long does it take from pickup at Canyon Germany to first attempted delivery to your door in the UK?
  • joelio22
    joelio22 Posts: 11
    Low-fi wrote:
    For those lucky souls who've had their bikes shipped and delivered: how long does it take from pickup at Canyon Germany to first attempted delivery to your door in the UK?

Hey Low-Fi. Mine arrived yesterday(!!) at 12:11, having been picked up only on Monday in Germany.
    Very impressed with UPS efficiency....a bit more so than with Canyon's!
    First ride impression was good, but in the wet - typical - so difficult to judge as couldn't really give it the beans.
    Better this morn on way to work and averaged about 0.5mph quicker than my quickest this year, despite strong wind and tired legs!
    I have the medium (think you were getting the same weren't you?) and I found it a little long...might need a slightly shorter stem. Would be interested to hear how you get on with yours, when you eventually get it.
    Anyone else found their medium to be on the long side?
  • Skerryman
    joelio22 wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:

Hey Low-Fi. Mine arrived yesterday(!!) at 12:11, having been picked up only on Monday in Germany.
    First ride impression was good, but in the wet - typical - so difficult to judge as couldn't really give it the beans.
    Better this morn on way to work and averaged about 0.5mph quicker than my quickest this year, despite strong wind and tired legs!
    I have the medium (think you were getting the same weren't you?) and I found it a little long...might need a slightly shorter stem. Would be interested to hear how you get on with yours, when you eventually get it.

Hoping to have mine next week. Not sure if you mentioned before but what measurements are you roughly and what size did the Canyon fit thing recommend?
  • Low-fi
    joelio22 wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:

Wow, that's quick. Let's hope they ship the thing on Monday/Tuesday then...

I think you were going for the double, which has the 110mm stem. The compact I've got is a 100mm stem, but when I went to the bike fitter, he was sure I'd need a 110mm. We'll see ;) Will ride it on the 100mm and see how it feels: the medium Boardman I was on has a longer TT than the Canyon anyway, so it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out in the wash. I'll report back – fingers crossed – next week :)
  • j_smith
    j_smith Posts: 8
    I had a week 19 delivery that was pushed to week 25.

I just got an e-mail that the bike has been shipped from Germany.

I ordered a 9.0 size medium.
  • stan1000
    j_smith wrote:
    I had a week 19 delivery that was pushed to week 25.

I just got an e-mail that the bike has been shipped from Germany.

I ordered a 9.0 size medium.

Great news! when did they take payment?
  • j_smith
    j_smith Posts: 8
    Last I checked they hadn't charged my credit card yet.
  • stan1000
    j_smith wrote:
    Last I checked they hadn't charged my credit card yet.
    :shock:
    even better :D
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    if it's definitely en route then cancel the card :lol:
  • cebebee
    cebebee Posts: 21
    Crozza wrote:
    if it's definitely en route then cancel the card :lol:

...and then tell them that payment has been delayed from wk 25 to wk 29 etc........ and see how they like it!!! :D
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    joelio22 wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:
    Give us your height/dimensions joelio22, for comparison, always good to compare.
  • Skerryman
    Just got sent UPS tracking number there. All going well should have bike early next week. Added bonus, the missus is conveniently away next weekend, so when I'm not out riding the bike I can stare at it from across the room and not be judged :)

Gonna miss our little support group here.
  • stan1000
    Skerryman wrote:
    Just got sent UPS tracking number there. All going well should have bike early next week.

Congrats, hope the weekend doesn't drag too much :D
  • Low-fi
    Skerryman wrote:
    Just got sent UPS tracking number there. All going well should have bike early next week. Added bonus, the missus is conveniently away next weekend, so when I'm not out riding the bike I can stare at it from across the room and not be judged :)

Nice! You were a week 25 IIRC?
  • Crozza
    Skerryman - don't forget to make up the spare bed so the missus has got somewhere to sleep when she gets back

just don't take it too far

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 095134.stm
  • Skerryman
    Don't think I'll ever be as eager for a week to start as I will be this Sunday :)

When I originally ordered back in the beginning of March I was week 26. This was then somehow changed to week 22 and then back to week 25. So all goin well I should be getting the bike a week before my original date , not bad considering. I responded to every delay and made myself heard at any opportunity so they wouldn't forget about me.
  • Skerryman
    Crozza wrote:
    Skerryman - don't forget to make up the spare bed so the missus has got somewhere to sleep when she gets back

I've already told her if there's some bike oil stains on the sheets that it wasn't me :)

Won't be taking as far as that bloke though, some heavy petting at the most :)
  • joelio22
    joelio22 Posts: 11
    Crozza wrote:

That's brilliant! I'm struggling to think where he may have stuck it..! ;)
  • graemeho
    graemeho Posts: 36
    Having followed this thread for some months. Thought things were improving BUT apparently not.
    Web quoted week 26 , so i ordered ... order confirmation comes back as week 31. ie. 4 week later than what the web site avilability had claimed.

Talked with Canyon UK ( nice man): they were empathetic. but claimed they could do nothing.

Seems the quoted web availability lags the real availability by a week or so. ie is not very accurate. This is very poor for a web based company. that really should work harder on making this reflect the real capacity situation, if not real time then on a daily basis . its not hard!

Shame as having trained hard, ordered this bike to be ready in time for my next event and turned down a local dealers bike that was in stock ( now gone). Current acknowledgement means, (even it arrives when they say), its after the event.

Anyone esle thinking of cancelling as its getting towards the end of the season and discounts may be around the corner?

Views on RAW or Black and White schemes?.
  • cebebee
    cebebee Posts: 21
    Skerryman wrote:
    Don't think I'll ever be as eager for a week to start as I will be this Sunday :)

When I originally ordered back in the beginning of March I was week 26. This was then somehow changed to week 22 and then back to week 25. So all goin well I should be getting the bike a week before my original date , not bad considering. I responded to every delay and made myself heard at any opportunity so they wouldn't forget about me.

You lucky boy Skerryman - spare us bikeless lot a thought when you're ripping it up on your new steed!!!

Beginning of March ordered??? i ordered 9th Jan! :(

i'm clearly not kicking off enough!
  • Skerryman
    cebebee wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:

You lucky boy Skerryman - spare us bikeless lot a thought when you're ripping it up on your new steed!!!

Beginning of March ordered??? i ordered 9th Jan! :(

i'm clearly not kicking off enough!

1st of March it says on my Confirmation I got at the time. Like I said, I didn't let any date change go unanswered. Make yourself heard.

Still won't believe it until it arrives at the door, hoping the UPS tracking link will be updated this evening now and I can get an idea when to expect it.
  • Crozza
    given that most of the bikes in non-freakish sizes have sold out, I can't see any discounts this year
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    Skerryman wrote:

Great news Skerryman 8) your gonna love it when you see it in the flesh. Lots of piccy's I shall be waiting to see :D
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Skerryman
    chigman wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:

Great news Skerryman 8) your gonna love it when you see it in the flesh. Lots of piccy's I shall be waiting to see :D

Cheers Chigman, itching to get my mitts on it now. Will post up pics no problem, I've pestered enough people on here over the past few months to post pics of their own, be rude not to.
  • Skerryman
    Quick question for anyone who has already received their SLX. How long did it take after the initial email with the UPS tracking number was sent for tracking information to start coming through on the UPS site. I'm still getting the below message with no live tracking info as of yet. I'm thinking Canyon has created a label and the package is still to be handed over.

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    Skerryman wrote:
    Quick question for anyone who has already received their SLX. How long did it take after the initial email with the UPS tracking number was sent for tracking information to start coming through on the UPS site. I'm still getting the below message with no live tracking info as of yet. I'm thinking Canyon has created a label and the package is still to be handed over.

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

About 12hours for me for shipping data to start to appear. Got my email yesterday morning and its now shows that its got as far as Brussels.