Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    Vortice wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:
    Quick question for anyone who has already received their SLX. How long did it take after the initial email with the UPS tracking number was sent for tracking information to start coming through on the UPS site. I'm still getting the below message with no live tracking info as of yet. I'm thinking Canyon has created a label and the package is still to be handed over.

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

About 12hours for me for shipping data to start to appear. Got my email yesterday morning and its now shows that its got as far as Brussels.

Interesting. Got my email yesterday morning also but still no update. I think its on the UPS system once Canyon create a label so unless its due to be picked up Monday. Although the email does say "Your Canyon order is on its way to you". Will check it again later.
  • cyprids
    cyprids Posts: 21
    Having followed this thread for some months. Thought things were improving BUT apparently not.
    Web quoted week 26 , so i ordered ... order confirmation comes back as week 31. ie. 4 week later than what the web site avilability had claimed.

Talked with Canyon UK ( nice man): they were empathetic. but claimed they could do nothing.

Seems the quoted web availability lags the real availability by a week or so. ie is not very accurate. This is very poor for a web based company. that really should work harder on making this reflect the real capacity situation, if not real time then on a daily basis . its not hard!

Shame as having trained hard, ordered this bike to be ready in time for my next event and turned down a local dealers bike that was in stock ( now gone). Current acknowledgement means, (even it arrives when they say), its after the event.

Anyone esle thinking of cancelling as its getting towards the end of the season and discounts may be around the corner?

Views on RAW or Black and White schemes?.

Well, I can not tell you what you should do, but I can tell you what I did. I cancelled the order, had ordered in dec. and when the bike was delayed until week 25, I cancelled. I will wait until next season and the new models and only order when the bike is in stock. New parts are comming out for the next season and old models are up for a discount in a couple of months...So I will wait at least until the autumn before I make my move...
    White is my preferred color scheme :)
  • Well thats fine if you have another bike to ride.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    So, week 25 arrives. Will the bike ship? Will it arrive? The suspense! Intrigue! Drama!
  • stan1000
    stan1000 Posts: 49
    Low-fi wrote:
    So, week 25 arrives. Will the bike ship? Will it arrive? The suspense! Intrigue! Drama!

I know I'm checking my email every 10 mins, c'mon CANYON! can't concentrate in the office. :twisted:
  • Low-fi
    stan1000 wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:

I know I'm checking my email every 10 mins, c'mon CANYON! can't concentrate in the office. :twisted:

Knowing my luck, it'll ship on Friday :cry:
  • DrWally
    DrWally Posts: 54
    cebebee wrote:
    Crozza wrote:
    if it's definitely en route then cancel the card :lol:

...and then tell them that payment has been delayed from wk 25 to wk 29 etc........ and see how they like it!!! :D

haha! please do that. tell them you are severely understaffed and need to do a 100%-check for every euro that will be shipped out. Obviously there is no way to calculate approximate delivery time.

mine has been shipped too. Not in the country now and will not be able to use it for a week or two, so it didn't really get me excited. As long as it arrives in good shape, requiring no further contact with the costumer service, I will be a happy puppy.
  • DrWally
    graemeho wrote:
    Having followed this thread for some months. Thought things were improving BUT apparently not.
    Web quoted week 26 , so i ordered ... order confirmation comes back as week 31. ie. 4 week later than what the web site avilability had claimed.

Talked with Canyon UK ( nice man): they were empathetic. but claimed they could do nothing.

Seems the quoted web availability lags the real availability by a week or so. ie is not very accurate. This is very poor for a web based company. that really should work harder on making this reflect the real capacity situation, if not real time then on a daily basis . its not hard!

Shame as having trained hard, ordered this bike to be ready in time for my next event and turned down a local dealers bike that was in stock ( now gone). Current acknowledgement means, (even it arrives when they say), its after the event.

Anyone esle thinking of cancelling as its getting towards the end of the season and discounts may be around the corner?

Views on RAW or Black and White schemes?.

last year, tour de france discounts were given on all models, if I'm not mistaken, as you can see now, there are only discounts on de aeroad and AL models, which is not all that surprising.

anyway I had the same issue as you. Have my event this sunday (bike will be delivered today :) ), so had to use (and partly rebuild, $$$ ) my traning bike. I considered cancelling (or ordering an Aeroad), but since I was led to believe until april that the bike might be delivered on time, I didn't. It wasn't so much the great value that attracted me, rather than the awesome review(s?) about it responsiveness.

Well, canyon granted me an aweful lot of time to contemplate on that (the validity of such reviews). I'm still puzzled as to why the entire Katusha team (including Rodriguez) opts for the aeroad... It's seems a bit contradicting, the aeroad being dismissed as some jelly piece of sh*t, and the slx the complete opposite, yet reality and proven track record seems to indicate the complete opposite. Anybody with opinions on that matter?

either way, I will be able to test it myself, although I don't have the expertise to make a sound judgement (having tested only a handful of carbon frames and coming from an aluminium (although quite stiff - I love you so much my dear specialized allez :( ), it would be surprising if the canyon would not be an 'improvement'). But of course let's be real, stiffest or not, the value of the SLX is amazing, period.
  • Skerryman
    My UPS tracking label finally started to update with tracking info last night. Bike apparently left Tamworth this morning so hoping to have it tomorrow I reckon.

@Dr. Wally - There is a good review on Road.cc linked below. Also a good review by Marcel Wust on this months Procycling magazine (pointed out by someone on a previous page), both of which give very good impressions of the bike.
    http://road.cc/content/review/85070-can ... -slx-90-sl

Also, regarding people waiting on sales on this years models, I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if they started knocking money off a bike that the can barely meet order for as it is, just wouldn't make sense. Bar the addition to the new Ultegra and SRAM red groupsets to the range I can't see them updating much in November either. DA 9000 is just out, not sure what new groupsets Campag have in the pipeline.

Finally, the preference of Aeroroad over SLX (or vice-versa) is up to the rider. As far as I can tell several Katusha riders have had wins on the SLX so far this season, Kristoff had a couple, Paolini wore the Maglia Rosa on a pink one, and some other lad had a win only last week. I'd doubt that if the riders had a problem with the bike that they'd force some riders to ride it just to keep Canyon happy.
  • DrWally
    ok, I didn't realize that it was still used by the team. Exactly, if it's used in the pro-tour it must be the case that differences in quality are marginal and choices depends on preferences, I completely agree.

thanks for the link, I came across it indeed. All in all, looking forward to test the bike. I hope I will get over my frustration that has been building up over the last months (yes, it really got to me!), and that the riding quality of the bike will be such that I can ride the Canyon decals with pride. It's gonna be somewhat weird to say goodbye to my current faithful partner in crime tho, with whom I shared difficult and glorious moments throughout the many km's it served me. weird how you can get attached to a piece of metal :) sunday's event will be an appropriate way to honour its service over the past years :)
  • Skerryman
    DrWally wrote:
    ok, I didn't realize that it was still used by the team. Exactly, if it's used in the pro-tour it must be the case that differences in quality are marginal and choices depends on preferences, I completely agree.

thanks for the link, I came across it indeed. All in all, looking forward to test the bike. I hope I will get over my frustration that has been building up over the last months (yes, it really got to me!), and that the riding quality of the bike will be such that I can ride the Canyon decals with pride. It's gonna be somewhat weird to say goodbye to my current faithful partner in crime tho, with whom I shared difficult and glorious moments throughout the many km's it served me. weird how you can get attached to a piece of metal :) sunday's event will be an appropriate way to honour its service over the past years :)

I'm digging the new Zen outlook. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before tubby SLX rider's the world over learn to forgive you :)

Best of luck in your event, hope the old steed signs off in style and the SLX gets to you soon.
  • Skerryman
    Can anyone who received their SLX let me know if carbon assembly paste is needed for the seatpost fitting and do Canyon provide a sachet of the stuff (thought I read somewhere that they do). If not will pick some up just incase. Cheers
  • Skerryman wrote:
    Can anyone who received their SLX let me know if carbon assembly paste is needed for the seatpost fitting and do Canyon provide a sachet of the stuff (thought I read somewhere that they do). If not will pick some up just incase. Cheers

Yes it comes supplied
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman wrote:

Yes it comes supplied

Super. Cheers dude. How is the bike going for ya?
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    Yay - Deffo comes with paste Skerry. :D
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Skerryman wrote:
    How is the bike going for ya?

8) 8) 8)
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • mdafzal
    mdafzal Posts: 1
    hi all, first post here. been reading this thread from page 1. was thinking of getting the 7.0 di2 in stealth xs but would only ship on wk 36. having read all the posts about the delays i think i might just wait till it's available in stock then i'll make my decision. currently riding a cervelo s2 size 51 so the aeroroad cf xs would be a perfect fit (and cheaper at that!) but leaning towards the slx. also considering the AL bikes. so yeah still keeping my options open. hope that the guys who've been waiting for the bikes get theirs soon. :)
  • Skerryman
    Just got he call there to tell me the bike has touched down at home. Cue longest 6 hours in work ever :roll: .

Nice day too, hoping to get it put together and squeeze in a first voyage this evening :D:D:D .
  • Low-fi
    Skerryman wrote:
    Just got he call there to tell me the bike has touched down at home. Cue longest 6 hours in work ever :roll: .

Nice day too, hoping to get it put together and squeeze in a first voyage this evening :D:D:D .

Awesome! I'm still awaiting my shipping confirmation. It'll be next week at least before it arrives. :(
  • Skerryman
    Low-fi wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:

Awesome! I'm still awaiting my shipping confirmation. It'll be next week at least before it arrives. :(

I'd get in touch if I were you. Wouldn't rely too much on them remembering. I called late last week to confirm they had correct card details for me so there wouldn't be any issues. Got a link for card details later that day and email confirmation of shipping the following day.
  • Low-fi
    Skerryman wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:

I'd get in touch if I were you. Wouldn't rely too much on them remembering. I called late last week to confirm they had correct card details for me so there wouldn't be any issues. Got a link for card details later that day and email confirmation of shipping the following day.

Emailed them twice this week, and they've basically said 'we can't promise it'll ship this week. I'm really close to getting the hump now. Technically they say it'll ship week 25, so they do have until Friday 5pm to deliver on that promise. If they don't, I'll be seriously pissed off.
  • stan1000
    Low-Fi, thats not good news, and I've had the same message...... what model and colour you waiting for? I'm waiting for a Medium 7.0 Di2 compact in white. I see the same model is "in stock" for the black one if you look at availability, I'm seriously considering swapping colours. let us know when(if) you get a shipping email
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    Skerryman wrote:

Excellent news mate. Welcome to the slx owners club. You got a treat in store. 8)
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Skerryman
    chigman wrote:
    Skerryman wrote:

Excellent news mate. Welcome to the slx owners club. You got a treat in store. 8)

Cheers mate :lol::lol::lol:
  • Arrgghhh!!!!

Just chased for an update on my twice delayed week 25 shipping date and received this in reply ....

Many thanks for your e-mail.

Unfortunately your order with Canyon has been delayed. In general Canyon operates a very efficient production process, this helps us keep our costs down and pass these savings onto our customers in the form of industry leading prices.

However sometimes due to sourcing delays from third party suppliers this can impact our published delivery dates. In your case the bike you ordered cannot yet be assembled due to a delay in component supply. We expect the delivery of the missing components from calendar week 27.

From this date your bike will be assembled and handed off to UPS for shipping.

Once again our apologies for the delay.

Sincerely,

Canyon Bicycles Ltd
  • Low-fi
    stan1000 wrote:
    Low-Fi, thats not good news, and I've had the same message...... what model and colour you waiting for? I'm waiting for a Medium 7.0 Di2 compact in white. I see the same model is "in stock" for the black one if you look at availability, I'm seriously considering swapping colours. let us know when(if) you get a shipping email

Stealth 9.0 SL (SRAM Red), compact cranks, in medium. I suspect my cassette swap is confusing them! (didn't want/need the 11-28, so swapped it for the 11-25).
  • Low-fi
    davies1972 wrote:
    Arrgghhh!!!!

Just chased for an update on my twice delayed week 25 shipping date and received this in reply ....

Unfortunately your order with Canyon has been delayed. In general Canyon operates a very efficient production process, this helps us keep our costs down and pass these savings onto our customers in the form of industry leading prices.

However sometimes due to sourcing delays from third party suppliers this can impact our published delivery dates. In your case the bike you ordered cannot yet be assembled due to a delay in component supply. We expect the delivery of the missing components from calendar week 27.

From this date your bike will be assembled and handed off to UPS for shipping.

Once again our apologies for the delay.

Sincerely,

Canyon Bicycles Ltd

Oh shit, that sucks. I'll await my fate now...

What model and options are you going for?
  • Medium CF SLX 7.0 in Stealth with the only spec change being a 110mm stem.

Planned to take the bike to France for L'Etape du Tour ... that's out the window now which is beyond annoying.
  • stan1000
    Low-fi wrote:

Stealth 9.0 SL (SRAM Red), compact cranks, in medium. I suspect my cassette swap is confusing them! (didn't want/need the 11-28, so swapped it for the 11-25).

Thats interesting because I changed the cassette to 11-25 too, really hope thats not the reason for the delay, although you are SRAM and I'm Shimano, so perhaps not
  • I asked Canyon what components they are waiting for and if compensation is available as I'll need to fork-out extra cash on an alternative bike for my France trip ... their response ....

We do not provide detailed information in regarding missing components as it is an internal information only.

We can fully appreciate your annoyance about the delay in delivery and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The dates indicated on our website are non-binding and estimated dates of delivery. We are dependent on prompt delivery from our component suppliers, therefore when a delivery commitment on the part of the supplier is not met we have no alternative but to pass on this delay in delivery to our customers.

Before we inform our customers about any delay in delivery we of course endeavor to find an alternative solution whenever possible. However, it is often the case that suppliers are unable to deliver components in sufficient quantities to meet our needs within the required time frames. We do of course do our level best to keep delivery delays down to an absolute minimum.

Our direct sales model allows us to offer very good value for money therefore we are certain you will appreciate that we are not able to grant any further discounts or deliver any free gifts as a result of delays in delivery.

We hope we will be able to deliver your new Canyon as soon as possible and would like to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to make your wait for your new bike as short as possible.

Sincerely,

Canyon Bicycles Ltd

It's not exactly a glowing example of customer service. I hope the bike is OK when (if) it arrives as I can't imagine having to deal with a warranty issue give the painful sales process.