Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    cebebee wrote:
    Cheers Low-fi, looking forward to wearing the scarf this weekend!!!

i'm 5'9 with 80 inside leg. The measuring tool had me on a small but when i put in 81 inside leg it suggested a medium.

My current steed is a medium and having taken a tapemeasure to it, there wasn't much between that and the SLX. Also i've done 5+ hour rides on a number of occasions with no discomfort so figured i'd stick to Medium. There's always places to tweak half a cm here and there if required!

My thoughts exactly. My current bike is actually a bit bigger than the Canyon, so the bike fitter suggested I get a 110 stem. Very comfortable with the current size, so why take the risk when you can't do a long test ride?
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    cebebee wrote:

i'm 5'9 with 80 inside leg. The measuring tool had me on a small but when i put in 81 inside leg it suggested a medium.

My current steed is a medium and having taken a tapemeasure to it, there wasn't much between that and the SLX. Also i've done 5+ hour rides on a number of occasions with no discomfort so figured i'd stick to Medium. There's always places to tweak half a cm here and there if required!

Hi

If my inseam was 80cm I would be ordering a size 'small'. However, I have inseam of 82cm and I'm just a gnats under 5'10" tall, and I have a medium slx but, I have just the right amount of seatpost showing and wouldn't want it any lower to be honest. Worth thinking about.
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Low-fi
    Chigman – reassuring. It sounds like we're exactly the same size. Any chance of a picture of you on the bike?
  • Low-fi
    chigman wrote:
    cebebee wrote:

Hi

If my inseam was 80cm I would be ordering a size 'small'. However, I have inseam of 82cm and I'm just a gnats under 5'10" tall, and I have a medium slx but, I have just the right amount of seatpost showing and wouldn't want it any lower to be honest. Worth thinking about.

Just out of interest, what's your centre of BB to top of saddle measurement?
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi wrote:
    Chigman – reassuring. It sounds like we're exactly the same size. Any chance of a picture of you on the bike?
    Ignore me, just seen your other pics on earlier pages.
  • chigman
    Low-fi wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:
    Ignore me, just seen your other pics on earlier pages.

My measurement from top of saddle to bb is 745mm. Away at the mo so no pic of me on bike I'm afraid.
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Low-fi
    Thanks! Is that centre of BB or bottom of BB to top of saddle measurement?
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    it wouldn't be bottom of BB, but the centre of BB probably FWIW.
  • chigman
    The centre of bb it is.
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • the_spooks
    the_spooks Posts: 190
    So what sizes have people been receiving and what sizes are people waiting on?
  • giant_man
    Skerryman wrote:
    fook me! didn't realise they were that light ...
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    edited June 2013
    Well the advertised frame weight is only 790g and the fork's not heavy either.
    Then it's down to the build and that review is for the 9.0SL version (SL = Super Light I think) which is SRAM Red, the lightest groupset, and a lightweight set of non-aero wheels.
    Still even the Ultegra model has an advertised weight of 6.85kg. Aside from the light frame, all of the builds use fairly light wheels which makes the complete weight very attractive. If you already have wheels you were going to use the story's a little different.
    The vast majority of bikes with mid/high end frames of equivalent or even significantly higher price are sold with much lower spec wheels which can have a bigger impact on the complete weight than the frame.
    For example there are plenty frames around weighing 1100g or less, so within about 300g of the Canyon CF SLX. However the difference between a set of Fulcrum Racing 7s and a set of Mavic Ksyriums is somewhere around 350g to 400g. Take a light expensive frame and stick on relatively heavy wheels and the weight starts looking pretty average.
  • giant_man
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Well the advertised frame weight is only 790g and the fork's not heavy either.
    Then it's down to the build and that review is for the 9.0SL version (SL = Super Light I think) which is SRAM Red, the lightest groupset, and a lightweight set of non-aero wheels.
    yes i guess so. didn't take much notice of advertised weights, so there you go. nice.
  • cebebee
    cebebee Posts: 21
    chigman wrote:
    cebebee wrote:

Hi

Can't disagree with your logic Chigman and this was the dilemma i had for some time. But without taking a trip to Germany, i had to stick my neck out and so i went with as close to what i currently have.
    How are you enjoying the new toy?
  • cebebee
    Bumped AGAIN!!!! :evil:

from wk 25 to wk 27 ............................and only found out because i enquired about some pedals.

but as recompense, they're sending me some thermal undies, a snowboard and some Christmas cake!!! (obviously they're not!)
  • Low-fi
    cebebee wrote:

from wk 25 to wk 27 ............................and only found out because i enquired about some pedals.

but as recompense, they're sending me some thermal undies, a snowboard and some Christmas cake!!! (obviously they're not!)

Oh, god. Better ring about mine. Did you ring the UK or Germany?
  • cebebee
    Low-fi wrote:
    cebebee wrote:

all by email but judging by the attitude, i'm guessing it's the uk bloke i've read about previously on here!
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    please can someone ring them up and say "yeah yeah I've got the bike, but where's my f**king scarf!!"
  • joelio22
    joelio22 Posts: 11
    Crozza wrote:
    please can someone ring them up and say "yeah yeah I've got the bike, but where's my f**king scarf!!"

I'm supposed to be getting my 8.0 tomorrow (UPS permitting!) so maybe I'll do just that Crozza...
  • chigman
    cebebee wrote:
    chigman wrote:
    cebebee wrote:

Hi

Can't disagree with your logic Chigman and this was the dilemma i had for some time. But without taking a trip to Germany, i had to stick my neck out and so i went with as close to what i currently have.

Hi cebebee

Loving the bike mate - cant get out on it enough :D one thing though - I'm getting a little saddle sore so not sure on the selle italia, but will give it a little longer and maybe make adjustments elsewhere to try and eliminate the problem before I go for a new and different saddle. 8)
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • cebebee
    chigman wrote:
    cebebee wrote:
    chigman wrote:
    cebebee wrote:

Hi

Hi cebebee

Loving the bike mate - cant get out on it enough :D one thing though - I'm getting a little saddle sore so not sure on the selle italia, but will give it a little longer and maybe make adjustments elsewhere to try and eliminate the problem before I go for a new and different saddle. 8)

Great to hear it Chigman....... seriously jealous!!!!!

Pretty tough waiting and being bumped but every time i read the great reports i know it'll be worth it!
  • stan1000
    stan1000 Posts: 49
    If it helps anyone I checked with Canyon uk today on my order, and its still due to be shipped next week ( wk 25), originally when I ordered in feb I was given wk 19. I have a M 7.0 di2 in white on order.
    Getting quite excited now. :-)

I've got to wait until wk33 for my compensation of jersey and shorts though zzzzzzzzz.
  • chigman
    cebebee wrote:
    chigman wrote:
    cebebee wrote:
    chigman wrote:
    cebebee wrote:

Hi

Hi cebebee

Great to hear it Chigman....... seriously jealous!!!!!

Pretty tough waiting and being bumped but every time i read the great reports i know it'll be worth it!

Yes it is tough waiting, and I had to as well but, the wait will be worth it trust me. 8) Just hang in there and keep on at them. Dont let the bastards grind you down ! :lol:
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • cebebee
    Low-fi wrote:
    cebebee wrote:

Hi Low-fi, did you manage to get hold of them? Any news?
  • Low-fi
    cebebee wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:
    cebebee wrote:

Still on time... though I'm obviously not convinced!
  • joelio22
    joelio22 Posts: 11
    Low-fi wrote:
    cebebee wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:
    cebebee wrote:

Still on time... though I'm obviously not convinced!

Hang in there Low-Fi....

How'd you get on at the Dragon? Good to meet you btw.

I loved it on the MTB in the end - would've preferred to be on the Canyon though but hey.
    Mine is 'out for delivery' according to UPS - I feel like an expectant father :)
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    joelio22 wrote:
    Crozza wrote:

I'm supposed to be getting my 8.0 tomorrow (UPS permitting!) so maybe I'll do just that Crozza...

I'm down for next week shipping. Did you send them a reminder the week before or did they get in touch with you on the quoted shipping week? Thinking of sending them a gentle reminder by email just incase.
  • cebebee
    I'm actually getting excited for all you guys about to get your bikes delivered!

....................perhaps because it means that every bike I know has been delivered means mine is one bike closer to shipping!!!
  • stan1000
    stan1000 Posts: 49
    Skerryman wrote:

I'm down for next week shipping. Did you send them a reminder the week before or did they get in touch with you on the quoted shipping week? Thinking of sending them a gentle reminder by email just incase.

My order is due for shipping next week too, so when do they take payment? I assume you haven't paid yet Skerryman?