Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• Useraid
    Useraid Posts: 42
    Ordered 9 days ago and meant to be coming Monday. Surprised as was meant to be week 28.
  • Useraid wrote:
    Ordered 9 days ago and meant to be coming Monday. Surprised as was meant to be week 28.
    What model, size and colour have you ordered?
  • Useraid
    The di2 7 in medium, stealth.
  • Dalb
    Dalb Posts: 6
    My 'Week 15' SLX 9.0 (Dura Ace/Ksyrium SLR's) arrived today and a thing of beauty it is too-black and white standard double 11-25.

A gentle E-Mail reminder last week seemed to prompt delivery and it took 2 days to arrive from dispatch-tracking via UPS is a hoot :)
    Sit tight and enjoy the suspense-All good things come to he who waits.
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    Dalb wrote:
    My 'Week 15' SLX 9.0 (Dura Ace/Ksyrium SLR's) arrived today and a thing of beauty it is too-black and white standard double 11-25.

A gentle E-Mail reminder last week seemed to prompt delivery and it took 2 days to arrive from dispatch-tracking via UPS is a hoot :)
    Sit tight and enjoy the suspense-All good things come to he who waits.

Congrats on receiving your bike. wheres the piccy's :D
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • joelio22
    joelio22 Posts: 11
    Useraid wrote:

I don't want to rain on your parade mate, but if you ordered it 9 days ago I very much doubt it'll be coming on Monday!!

Have you read the rest of this thread?? I tell you what, keep me posted cos if you do get it a mere 2 weeks after ordering it I (and I should imagine quite a few other people..) will not be best pleased with Canyon!

Ordered my 8.0 in week 11, due wk 16 - Canyon now saying it'll come wk 27 (last I heard before yesterday it was wk 25).

They've offered jersey and bib shorts and Oakley M-frame glasses as comp, and got them to take off shipping and box.

Whoop de doo.

Hardly makes up for having to cancel the Fred Whitton, the Dragon Ride and a sportive in France end of June, not to mention all the things I now can't plan due to the ongoing uncertainty of whether it will actually ever arrive...

Anyway, good luck getting yours :)
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    joelio22 wrote:
    Useraid wrote:

I don't want to rain on your parade mate, but if you ordered it 9 days ago I very much doubt it'll be coming on Monday!!

Have you read the rest of this thread?? I tell you what, keep me posted cos if you do get it a mere 2 weeks after ordering it I (and I should imagine quite a few other people..) will not be best pleased with Canyon!

Ordered my 8.0 in week 11, due wk 16 - Canyon now saying it'll come wk 27 (last I heard before yesterday it was wk 25).

They've offered jersey and bib shorts and Oakley M-frame glasses as comp, and got them to take off shipping and box.

Whoop de doo.

Hardly makes up for having to cancel the Fred Whitton, the Dragon Ride and a sportive in France end of June, not to mention all the things I now can't plan due to the ongoing uncertainty of whether it will actually ever arrive...

Anyway, good luck getting yours :)

Gutted about cancelling those events. Are you literally bikeless?
  • joelio22
    joelio22 Posts: 11
    I'm not bikeless, no...but I am road bikeless. I am actually quite glad I missed the FW as by all accounts it was incredibly filthy conditions and I don't think I'd have made it round having been off the bike between Oct and Feb due to serious injury. The Dragon is a week on Sun and am considering putting my rigid Pace carbon forks and rock hard 1.25" slicks on my Airborne Ti hardtail MTB - it would weigh around 19lbs in this guise - and doing it on that, but I'm really not sure it'd be comfy enough. Plus there's still a general lack of fitness to take into consideration!
    Of course, if I'd've got the bike in Wk 16 I'd be super fit by now and ready for anything...
  • Low-fi
    edited May 2013
    joelio22 wrote:
    I'm not bikeless, no...but I am road bikeless. I am actually quite glad I missed the FW as by all accounts it was incredibly filthy conditions and I don't think I'd have made it round having been off the bike between Oct and Feb due to serious injury. The Dragon is a week on Sun and am considering putting my rigid Pace carbon forks and rock hard 1.25" slicks on my Airborne Ti hardtail MTB - it would weigh around 19lbs in this guise - and doing it on that, but I'm really not sure it'd be comfy enough. Plus there's still a general lack of fitness to take into consideration!
    Of course, if I'd've got the bike in Wk 16 I'd be super fit by now and ready for anything...

I have a spare if you're interested. PM/DM me if you are.
  • Low-fi
    Well, it's probably worth waiting for
    http://www.canyon.com/_en/service/testr ... l?test=486
  • Useraid
    Well got bike today and have a few cosmetic issues that Canyon have offered a remedy or refund for, they are also not sure why I got it so early. Have a gallery up here:

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/q4iru0y ... vzav13zgyq

They say bikes get a few km test ride, has anyone else had this?
  • Coudy
    Coudy Posts: 16
    Few pictures of my black and white 8.0 XL beauty here from post 597 :-)

http://www.cyklodiskuze.cz/silnicni_kola/canyon-f10

Ordered early December, received yesterday, delay 11 weeks, 7.05kg as on picture. Worth of wait. :D
  • Useraid wrote:
    Well got bike today and have a few cosmetic issues that Canyon have offered a remedy or refund for, they are also not sure why I got it so early. Have a gallery up here:

Looks like they sent you a returned bike. Reject it.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Low-fi
    Yeah, that doesn't look right.
  • Low-fi
    Question for anyone who's got the frame: are the dropouts (both front and rear) full carbon, or are they metal? It's hard to tell on the site, as the rears look like their metal.
  • Useraid
    Useraid wrote:

Looks like they sent you a returned bike. Reject it.

Yes I was even suspicious of it being returned before it arrived as it was so early. Will be PITA to return as they have to start the whole order process again but ah well. What about those two dimples on the front fork, any other owners here have those?

I don't remember my last new bike having any wear marks on the dropouts and headset either.
  • Useraid
    Low-fi wrote:
    Question for anyone who's got the frame: are the dropouts (both front and rear) full carbon, or are they metal? It's hard to tell on the site, as the rears look like their metal.

Well it looks like metal to me, see those photos as well.
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Useraid wrote:
    Low-fi wrote:

Well it looks like metal to me, see those photos as well.

Don't think they are all metal, but carbon with a thin protective veneer of aluminium to prevent abrasion from the knurled skewer 'nuts'.
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    Pretty sure one of the points in their blurb about how they got the frame lighter was the addition of carbon dropouts.
  • Low-fi
    Skerryman wrote:
    Pretty sure one of the points in their blurb about how they got the frame lighter was the addition of carbon dropouts.

That's what I thought, but check the pic of the rear dropout on the product page. Pretty sure they're metal.
  • jezzpalmer
    The dérailleur hanger is metal...
    http://www.canyon.com/_en/shop/?categor ... ccessories

The non-drive side looks as I described above, looks the same as my Boardman Pro Carbon frame.

ultimate_cf_slx_highlight_3.jpg
  • Useraid
    Just wanted to check again if any other owners remember seeing that wear on dropouts, and also if they have those holes/dimples on front forks. Leaning towards returning but would be nice to be sure this isn't going to be an issue on the next bike I order.
  • look565wong
    look565wong Posts: 301
    Useraid,

I got my SLX end of April. Yes, mine have scuff marks on the fork/rear dropouts, I would imagine these are common because that's the contact point where wheels are put on & taken off. As for the two "dimples" towards the bottom of the fork (from my understanding) these are holes for water to drain out in the event water coming down from the "non-top cap design" of the fork & headset.

I must say that the finish on these Canyon are not 100% great. But I think I've got to be realistic here, it's a £2800 bike with Ui2, £450 wheelset & one of the lightest frame set in the market. If you want to buy a frameset with similar spec, then it'll cost you that amount alone. So I think I can live with a few blemish in the finish, but then that's just my own opinion!

Hope that helps!

Cheers
  • J8hnb
    J8hnb Posts: 6
    Got my 9.0 SL last week. Has holes at bottom of forks and, as the previous post says, I presumed this was to dispense water, so not a concern to me.

The finish on my bike is perfect. No blemishes or carbon weave showing or patches etc. it was also unridden and had no visible marks on any of the drop outs.

The bike is well worth the wait. :)
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    Just to say that my black and white cf slx 7.0 is unblemished to my eye, and I don't remember seeing any marks around the dropout areas. It's an understatement to say that I am so pleased with this bike, puts a smile on the face every time it's ridden. Well worth the wait. 8)
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Useraid
    Thanks for the replies. Starting to lean the other way now, certainly it would be at least another month before I can get another one and the scuffs are very minor. Was just surprised also at the brake pad and little bits on headset as I didn't think they'd ride the bikes so seemed like a return.

When you mention blemishes in the carbon and it being perfect, surely there are some inconsistencies? I had those on my old focus which was also just lacquered, and this has some like this:
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    J8hnb wrote:
    Got my 9.0 SL last week. Has holes at bottom of forks and, as the previous post says, I presumed this was to dispense water, so not a concern to me.

this might be a stupid question, and I don't expect that much water will actually drop down the steerer tube, but if the holes in the forks are drainage holes, then won't they just dribble water onto the hubs?

I suppose if it's that wet the water spraying off the road will far outweigh anything coming down the fork legs
  • jezzpalmer
    For those that have had their bikes, were you contacted regarding payment before shipping, or did they just take payment from the card that you originally placed the order with?
    When I originally placed the order HSBC anti-fraud blocked the payment, I expect this will happen again at it was 8 months ago the initial check was made.
  • Coudy
    Coudy Posts: 16
    They wanted to take the money few days before shipment,but I did not have enough limit on the card, I have received mail from Canyon, that the transaction was not successful, so I had increased the limit and on the next day the transaction was ok.
  • Same here, had to resubmit payment. They email you a link to do it.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles