Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    Thank you Skerryman 8)
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • RonnieC
    RonnieC Posts: 28
    At the risk of asking a stupid question...
    Have they set the brakes up European style, ie back brake on the right lever? Or do they set it up the other way when shipping to the UK?
  • chigman
    Back brake left hand side = Normal.
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    chigman wrote:
    chigman wrote:
    Guys , this is a size medium - I am just under 5'10" with an inseam of 82cm and this bike fits well. My seatpost is set at the moment on the 5mm-6mm mark. I was right in between sizes-small-medium, so could have probably gotten away with either size. :)

Do you mean cm? Otherwise it is going to feel like a dead, lifeless, sort of like a block of wood ride.

There is about 8 1/4 " from top of saddle to top of seatpost collar. On the adjustment marker on the back of the seat post, I have it set on 5-6mm showing.
    That looks great, thanks for the pictures and I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it.
    I'm just wondering what's your saddle height shown in the pictures as measured from the BB up the seatpost to the top surface of the saddle? I'm guessing about 730mm-740mm for your inseam. I'm just a fraction taller than you and looking at probably getting a medium too. Does the 5-6mm measurement mean you're 5 or 6mm from the limit of adjustment on the seatpost? Surely not!
  • chigman
    Ai_1 wrote:
    chigman wrote:
    chigman wrote:
    Guys , this is a size medium - I am just under 5'10" with an inseam of 82cm and this bike fits well. My seatpost is set at the moment on the 5mm-6mm mark. I was right in between sizes-small-medium, so could have probably gotten away with either size. :)

Do you mean cm? Otherwise it is going to feel like a dead, lifeless, sort of like a block of wood ride.

There is about 8 1/4 " from top of saddle to top of seatpost collar. On the adjustment marker on the back of the seat post, I have it set on 5-6mm showing.
    That looks great, thanks for the pictures and I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it.
    I'm just wondering what's your saddle height shown in the pictures as measured from the BB up the seatpost to the top surface of the saddle? I'm guessing about 730mm-740mm for your inseam. I'm just a fraction taller than you and looking at probably getting a medium too. Does the 5-6mm measurement mean you're 5 or 6mm from the limit of adjustment on the seatpost? Surely not!

No No. The 5 or 6mm is at the other end of the seat post marker.

The measurement that you wanted is, and your not far out.. 745mm. Medium would be fine for you.
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    chigman wrote:
    Ai_1 wrote:
    chigman wrote:
    chigman wrote:

No No. The 5 or 6mm is at the other end of the seat post marker.

The measurement that you wanted is, and your not far out.. 745mm. Medium would be fine for you.
    Ah perfect. I use a seat height of 745mm myself.
    Thanks
  • afroglives
    afroglives Posts: 2
    My stealth slx 7 with di2 has finally arrived! 3 weeks late, by compared to some it looks like that's not too bad...

I have a silly question: where is the charging port for the battery? I imagine it's very obvious, but for some reason I can't see it!

Any help much appreciated.
  • RhodOnABike
    RhodOnABike Posts: 25
    Afroglives - it's on the left side of the cable junction covered by a piece of plastic
  • De Canch
    De Canch Posts: 6
    Have also recieved my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 SL with VCLS 2.0 seatpost. with a 3 week delay whitch is not that much as i read some posts.
    Made my first ride this weekend and the frame is very stiff and thanks to the VCLS 2.0 it's also comfortable to ride over bad roads.
    To view a photo i've posted a topic in "My road bike" forum.
    Hope everyone gets his bike as soon as possible because it's a race machine!!!!
  • afroglives
    afroglives Posts: 2
    Afroglives - it's on the left side of the cable junction covered by a piece of plastic

Thanks! Found it! 110k ride today - difference over my previous ride is amazing. Well worth the wait!
  • watto77
    watto77 Posts: 12
    Hi,

I have had an CF SLX 7.0 on order since January and am expecting delayed delivery in June (I hope). I have sent two emails to Canyon UK Customer Services in the last week asking about dates and compensation, but have been ignored - not even a holding reply. Does anyone have an address for the head office in Germany?

Thanks.
  • chigman
    watto77 wrote:
    Hi,

I have had an CF SLX 7.0 on order since January and am expecting delayed delivery in June (I hope). I have sent two emails to Canyon UK Customer Services in the last week asking about dates and compensation, but have been ignored - not even a holding reply. Does anyone have an address for the head office in Germany?

Thanks.

Mate, just get on the blower to them and give them some stick. Tell them you really aint happy with all the dealys and then ask for some compo. Im sure they'll do a deal with you, they did me.

I ordered mine in early Jan and finally got it last Monday, the 20th. :?
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    Anyone come across detailed reviews online for the SLX yet? Road.cc have had the thing almost two months now and still no sign of a review ~(unless I'm missing something).
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Skerryman wrote:
    Anyone come across detailed reviews online for the SLX yet? Road.cc have had the thing almost two months now and still no sign of a review ~(unless I'm missing something).

yeah that Canyon has been "just in" for almost 2 months now...get a move on fellas!
  • RonnieC
    There are going to be more letters in the post from Canyon in the next week. Despite being told twice in the last few weeks that my CF SLX 8.0 was still due for a Week 22 delivery (this week), I phoned to make sure it would be delivered today or tomorrow.
    You all probably know where this is going...they are now saying it'll be Week 27. In the letter there will be a compensation offer, but it's a big secret at the moment.
    It's getting pretty close to my departure date for le tour, if there's a further week delay I think I'll cancel and get next year's model.
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    RonnieC wrote:
    There are going to be more letters in the post from Canyon in the next week. Despite being told twice in the last few weeks that my CF SLX 8.0 was still due for a Week 22 delivery (this week), I phoned to make sure it would be delivered today or tomorrow.
    You all probably know where this is going...they are now saying it'll be Week 27. In the letter there will be a compensation offer, but it's a big secret at the moment.
    It's getting pretty close to my departure date for le tour, if there's a further week delay I think I'll cancel and get next year's model.

What was your original date? Week 22?

If so, sorry to hear about your delays. Mine was a week 18 bike, which was bumped twice (to 20, then 25).
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    Just had an email from Canyon UK stating that I will be receiving a letter regarding a revised date for delivery. States the following:
    "The letter you will have received from Canyon Germany uses the term “binding” date. Whilst we do expect the new date to be accurate, it is not binding, and this term was mis-translated in the letter from our German colleagues."

I'm starting to think they are taking the Pi$$ now at this stage. Surely they could at least not mess up the 'binding' part of a letter they are sending out to already disgruntled customers. Don't believe the translation bit for a second, they're just trying to be as ambiguous as possible so they can't be held accountable for more delays down the line. You'd think if their English was that bad in Canyon Germany that they'd get someone in Canyon UK to look over the letter before sending it out.

This is after receiving an email only 2 weeks ago stating "We're confident that the new date is accurate and reliable so you bike should ship the week 25".

Have yet to receive the letter but if the delay is anything more than a weeks delay from the last date I'll be seriously considering cancelling my order. Going to ring them as soon as I get the letter and unless they can deliver the bike before the end of June I'll be letting my feelings known.
  • Low-fi
    I never did receive the letter from Canyon. Hmmm.
  • cyprids
    cyprids Posts: 21
    RonnieC wrote:
    if there's a further week delay I think I'll cancel and get next year's model.

That was my decision - Cancel order and to get next years model when in stock...

I'll bet that there will further delays, this is not the last one we have seen. Clearly, the delivery information from Canyon needs to be regarded with a BIG maybe even very close to delivery date...
  • ferdifatcat
    ferdifatcat Posts: 24
    The free gift for all this waiting, had an email today saying it is a " Scarf" a Canyon scarf, that will come in handy in June.
  • RhodOnABike
    I wouldn't hold out any hope of actually getting your free gift! I have been fortunate enough to get my bike but I I'd t get any Of the free stuff promised! but the bike is unbelieveable and well worth waiting for!
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    I want to get this year's SL with the 10 speed Sram Red so it is compatible with my powertap and other wheels. I bet they "upgrade" next year's model to the new Sram 22!

that'll teach me for waiting. tempted to get the 2012 SL sitting in the outlet on their website
  • Low-fi
    Crozza wrote:
    I want to get this year's SL with the 10 speed Sram Red so it is compatible with my powertap and other wheels. I bet they "upgrade" next year's model to the new Sram 22!

that'll teach me for waiting. tempted to get the 2012 SL sitting in the outlet on their website

Canyon already have a prototype disc brake SLX too...
  • Just out of interest who has had the longest to wait. My original despatch date was week 12 now week 25.....I'll believe it when I see it. If I haven't received it by end of June, I will cancel.
  • Low-fi
    edited May 2013
    Just out of interest who has had the longest to wait. My original despatch date was week 12 now week 25.....I'll believe it when I see it. If I haven't received it by end of June, I will cancel.

Week 18 --> Week 25
    +7 weeks

Edit: Ordered mid Jan. SLX 9.0 SL (SRAM RED)
  • RhodOnABike
    Mine was week 19 originally and got delivered Tuesday of week 21, so it doesn't like like when you order it counts for anything, either that or I kicked off enough to get it delivered
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Ordered 12th Oct (day they were released), should have been Week 11, now week 26.
  • RonnieC
    What was your original date? Week 22?

If so, sorry to hear about your delays. Mine was a week 18 bike, which was bumped twice (to 20, then 25).

The website said Week 14 when I ordered, but the date on the order confirmation was Week 22, so I was pleasantly surprised when they were telling me (up until two weeks ago) that I was still scheduled for Week 22 delivery.
    The most annoying thing is that the bike should have been shipped already and the only way I found out about the delay is because I phoned them, it hadn't occurred to them to let me know.
    The compensation offered is a pair of bib-shorts and top, which I am not interested in - they certainly won't be preventing me cancelling the order if it slips any further!
  • jezzpalmer wrote:
    Ordered 12th Oct (day they were released), should have been Week 11, now week 26.
    Wow and I thought I was having a rough ride, only ordered mine in December.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    This makes shocking reading that they have given you such a runaround. No way would i be putting up with that and be without for so long. Cancel order and buy something else plenty more stuff out there and if it goes wrong then the customer service is already plain for all to see. I was going to get a canyon but wouldnt now unless it was in stock.