Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    What a stunner (drool) Cant bloody wait to get mine now. Come on Canyon - get ya finger out. 8)

That really does look the bizzo mate - nice one.
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    DrWally wrote:
    you rip it a bit out of context, no? I stated it was frustrating. Especially given the fact that it is a matter of 2 weeks difference between being able to use it or not. And it is more frustrating to deal with people that don't understand that frustration. Surely you must grasp that, if you try?

Nowhere I said they should go over the training history of every costumer.

Of course I understand your frustration, I'm in the same boat, was supposed to be getting my bike shipped next week, now its next month. My point is that Canyon can't just take people word for it that they train seriously and prioritise orders accordingly. I too have a race coming up I was hoping to have my SLX for but that's not going to happen now so I'm just going to have to use another bike, life goes on.

Anyway, I hope that you and all others on here get our bikes soon and it was worth the wait.
  • Skerryman
    Torchy265 wrote:
    Hi All,

I'll try and cheer you up - here's my SLX uDi2 Size 56 that arrived yesterday. Picture taken just after assembly.
    :D:D:D

Its pictures like this that keep me going. Stunning. Before anyone else asks I'm going to ask the obligatory 'how did you find the Canyon fit, and your height please good sir (if you don't mind divulging)'
  • DrWally
    DrWally Posts: 54
    on a technical note: does anybody know where I can find information about the type of bottom brackets on the CF SLX 7.0 Di, BSA or italian?
  • Hi All,

Had mine for just over 3 weeks now, ui2 7.0 compact medium in stealth. She is absolutely stunning. I cannot comprehend how much better a bike it is than any of my previous steeds. I seriously do have a crush on a bike! :D

Understand all the frustration with delays etc, mine was originally week 11 and eventually received end of week 17. Superb quality of frame and forks. Still waiting for my top cap and VCLS 2.0 seat post but Canyon have provided a Alu one for the time being. Flipping easy to put together although I am wary of the headset, not saying there is anything wrong but its different!

I have kept mine stock (as I have no money left) at present although some deep section wheels are on the shopping list for next summer.

Hope you all keep the faith as I really do have a smile like a cheshire cat every time I ride the Canyon.

Good luck all

Simon.
  • Torchy265
    Torchy265 Posts: 7
    I used their sizing guide and it came back with a 56 medium - which is what I've had for my last 2 road bikes. I checked the geometry against my old bikes via the internet just to be sure, and it was within 1cm. so I was happy enough. For reference I'm 6ft with a 32" leg. I could have got a 58 large and got away with it but the 56 fit's me spot on. keep waiting if you can, it will be worth it.

Cheers
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    Torchy265 wrote:
    I used their sizing guide and it came back with a 56 medium - which is what I've had for my last 2 road bikes. I checked the geometry against my old bikes via the internet just to be sure, and it was within 1cm. so I was happy enough. For reference I'm 6ft with a 32" leg. I could have got a 58 large and got away with it but the 56 fit's me spot on. keep waiting if you can, it will be worth it.

Cheers

Great. What stem length are you running?
  • Torchy265
    Low-fi, its the standard 100mm
  • look565wong
    look565wong Posts: 301
    DrWally,

The BB for the new CF SLX is press-fit type (no thread)!

For my Rotor 3D+ cranks, I used the following:

http://www.velotechservices.co.uk/shop/ ... 7410001832

But this is for a 30mm axle crankset, if you're running a 24mm axle cranks (but not all crank design will fit, better check with manufacturer spec. first before deciding) then I suppose the existing Shimano BB already on the bike should do the trick!

I hope that helps.

Regards
  • DrWally
    DrWally,

The BB for the new CF SLX is press-fit type (no thread)!

For my Rotor 3D+ cranks, I used the following:

http://www.velotechservices.co.uk/shop/ ... 7410001832

But this is for a 30mm axle crankset, if you're running a 24mm axle cranks (but not all crank design will fit, better check with manufacturer spec. first before deciding) then I suppose the existing Shimano BB already on the bike should do the trick!

I hope that helps.

Regards

cool, thanks
  • chigman
    Hi All

My bike is now with UPS and should be here by Monday. Whoooooooooooooooooo 8) 8) 8) 8)
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • RhodOnABike
    RhodOnABike Posts: 25
    Congrats Chigman!

I was promised my bike this week but had no emails to say it's been dispatched! Going to have a fun phone call with the canyon UK guys later!

P.s. don't forget pics ;p
  • Torchy265
    Mine shipped on the friday of its due week at 5pm so don't worry just yet.
  • RhodOnABike
    Cheers Torchy265

Just got off the phone to canyon, I spoke to the English guy and he was about as unhelpful as you could get and offered no apologies! Just said his job was to deal with the mistakes the German office makes I.e. promising a binding dispatch date! Offered no compensation or anything! Just told me it was Germany's mistake and my bike would ship early next week. When I asked what day he said he can't say all he knows is early next week! Useless!

I really want my bike as I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. But I am never ordering from canyon again! The customer service is horrific!
  • chigman
    Cheers Torchy265

Just got off the phone to canyon, I spoke to the English guy and he was about as unhelpful as you could get and offered no apologies! Just said his job was to deal with the mistakes the German office makes I.e. promising a binding dispatch date! Offered no compensation or anything! Just told me it was Germany's mistake and my bike would ship early next week. When I asked what day he said he can't say all he knows is early next week! Useless!

I really want my bike as I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. But I am never ordering from canyon again! The customer service is horrific!

I too spoke with an English guy - dont sound like the same bloke though, as the one I spoke to was pretty helpful and I got a bit of compo for my efforts. :D
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • RhodOnABike
    I decided to get on to the German office by tweeting and messaging them on Facebook after the lax customer service from the UK. It worked as well, bikes just been shipped! :D
  • chigman
    I decided to get on to the German office by tweeting and messaging them on Facebook after the lax customer service from the UK. It worked as well, bikes just been shipped! :D

Excellent news mate. Mine is already sitting at the Barking depot, about ten miles from me. Scheduled for Monday delivery though. 8)
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Coudy
    Coudy Posts: 16
    It seems right now, that only CF SLX with Ultegra or electronic Ultegra has been delivered. Received anybody SLX with Dura-Ace?
  • ste1975
    ste1975 Posts: 14
    My bike is now with UPS and should be here by Monday. Whoooooooooooooooooo 8) 8) 8) 8)

Mine shipped on Wednesday and arrived early this evening complete with a nice free pair of Oakley M Frame Sweep limited edition sunglasses. :) Oh and still awaiting a Jersey and bib shorts. Also gratis. :lol:
  • Coudy
    Coudy Posts: 16
    Picture please :-)
  • DrWally
    ste1975 wrote:

Mine shipped on Wednesday and arrived early this evening complete with a nice free pair of Oakley M Frame Sweep limited edition sunglasses. :) Oh and still awaiting a Jersey and bib shorts. Also gratis. :lol:

You also got an Oakley sunglasses as part of the delay compensation? Is this a UK thing? When did you place your order.?
  • DrWally
    edited May 2013
    They increased prices on part of their old outlet stock by 100 euro. Apparently lots of people where cancelling orders and switching to an outlet bike? sneaky. they did it overnight at the same time I send them an email regarding switch to one of those bikes. I won't be paranoia and assume that was a coincidence :) still... sneaky

ordered some nice DA C50 wheels to go with the SLX. that will look yummy. Too bad the red touch disappeared out of the 2013 model.

how hard is it to remove all decals from a carbon bike? (or from wheels?) *EDIT: nevermind, not gonna get into that :) *
  • RhodOnABike
    DrWally wrote:
    ste1975 wrote:

You also got an Oakley sunglasses as part of the delay compensation? Is this a UK thing? When did you place your order.?

You guys got Oakley glasses?!?! All I got as an apology was some "multifunction headwear" basically a canyon branded buff!
  • chigman
    I got p&p, bike-guard, chain catcher and top cap taken off bill as compensation.
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Skerryman
    chigman wrote:
    I got p&p, bike-guard, chain catcher and top cap taken off bill as compensation.

Did you demand these items off or did you just realise they took them off when you got billed? Wonder how long of a delay qualifies for freebies?
  • DrWally
    I clearly stated that the outfit was insufficient to account for the delay and service along the way.

they really couldn't care less. their t&c state that the maximum claim as a result for a delay is 10% of total invoice amount. Eg, you can rent a bike for the time of the delay, and then bill them for it (but the cap on the amount you can recover is not high enough to do that.) If they don't give it voluntarily (or even after an official writingl from your lawyer), you'll have to take legal steps etc etc... this is a hassle, although it is perfectly possible if you are registered for an event and can show that you ordered the bike for that particular event to do so. It will only add to the frustration though, and a rental bike doesn't really solve anything., especially if the amount you can spend on it is capped.

what you can do is when the invoice arrives, only pay 90% of it, add a letter stating that you because of negligence on their part, you feel you can make a claim on the 10% damages. If you are confident you can (get professional advise), their legal department will know that too, and they will let it rest. These things are very much interpreted in favour of the consumer under consumer protection law. Since you have already paid, this is no longer an option, I think. They are aware of the hassle it involves of course, so just email correspondence probably won't get them to increase their compensation.

ANYWAY :) considered it, but then realized it was all getting a bit irrational and I was taking it too personal (although they count on you doing that), so kinda made peace with it. obviously I advised some friends against canyon who were hesitant to order online and were waiting how it turned out with me. Or what did they expect? Especially now I hear about the differential treatment wrt compensation. that's just ridiculous.

as someone wisely stated before. the world will keep spinning :)
  • mh13
    mh13 Posts: 81
    Negligence? No. Breach of contract maybe, but then you have to show a loss, perhaps you could say you lost the entrance fee of a particular event and so claim that; but then you have a duty to mitigate your loss....
  • look565wong
    look565wong Posts: 301
    Does anyone know why Canyon don't sell to the USA?
  • chigman
    Skerryman wrote:
    chigman wrote:

Did you demand these items off or did you just realise they took them off when you got billed? Wonder how long of a delay qualifies for freebies?

Hi Skerryman

Yes I asked for this as some sort of goodwill gesture for all the delays. I was happy enough with that. :D
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • ste1975
    ste1975 Posts: 14

You guys got Oakley glasses?!?! All I got as an apology was some "multifunction headwear" basically a canyon branded buff!

To be precise I got the following compensation:

Shipping / Bike Guard costs refunded
    Oakley limited edition sunglasses
    Canyon jersey
    Canyon bib shorts

During the nine week delay I was in constant touch with a German guy called Damir. I insisted on regular updates and to be fair I received a call each week with an update, or lack of in most cases.

I also insisted on compensation in order to keep my bike on order with Canyon and the above is what I was offered.

It pays to kick off and I laid it on real thick. I was very demanding and it paid off. I suggest others in the same boat get on the phone and demand some decent compo.

Regards,

Stephen.