Has anyone got the NEW 2013 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX yet?

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I've not got any email from Canyon yet.

Oh, do I have to order a bike first to be a part of this fiasco???
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • joelio22
    joelio22 Posts: 11
    I just want the truth rather than a host of dubious excuses and phantom dates. I have plans already made that I will need to adjust / cancel and knowing exactly when my bike is turning up would be quite useful really..
    Skerryman, no mention of J S Oldfield in my email.
    I emailed Canyon back asking them to clarify the 'accurate shipping date' but not heard back yet. Will post on here as soon as I do (don't hold your collective breath though..)
    Just seen a Cannondale Evo 6 frame set for £1500

#tempted
  • ferdifatcat
    ferdifatcat Posts: 24
    My date has moved from, week 12 to 21. to 22, to 24 now 26. Wont have my bike for Dartmoor Classic. Mr Grumpy.
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    Yeah, there's been a cock-up somewhere: https://twitter.com/Chandoodley/status/ ... 4710914048
  • I was waiting for a CF SLX frame, but with the date moving back another 4 weeks today, I'm out.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • chigman
    chigman Posts: 163
    I was waiting for a CF SLX frame, but with the date moving back another 4 weeks today, I'm out.

I dont blame you mate. If I hadn't waited so long already I'd be joining you. cic = canyon in chaos.

As of right now, I haven't received the latest email. I've said it before - I dont trust anything that canyon says. :evil:
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    I've been on the verge of ordering a 7.0 for a while but held off to see what happened with deliveries. At this point it would be mid July at least before I'd have the bike and that's assuming the delays are at an end. If summer ever starts it'll likely be nearly over again. So, I'm starting to think I should stick with what I've got for now and get my new bike for the start of next season instead. My current bike will do fine for winter. That way I can see what the feedback is on these SLXs and see what's new in Autumn before I commit myself. I suppose that means I'll be getting 11 speed Ultegra too!
  • avababy24
    avababy24 Posts: 162
    When you order on line do you pay a deposit or just give them your card details ? Just curious if I ordered one what the sequence of events are for payment

Ta
  • Bookwyse
    Bookwyse Posts: 245
    Is it too early to put my order in for a 2014 bike:)
  • chigman
    avababy24 wrote:
    When you order on line do you pay a deposit or just give them your card details ? Just curious if I ordered one what the sequence of events are for payment

Ta

Nah no deposit - just bill you when they ship :roll: Thats a laugh innit :lol:
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • ste1975
    ste1975 Posts: 14
    Has anyone else received a letter like this? Did Canyon honour their "contractually binding" delivery date or have they just ignored it and not given any communication?

RhodOnABike,

I received a letter from Canyon a couple of weeks ago informing me that I now had a binding date of week 20 (this week)
    I have been in constant touch with Canyon UK and demanded regular updates as to the status of my order for the last 9 weeks. My original date was week 11 (bike ordered 18th Dec 2012)
    Obviously I cannot yet confirm if Canyon have committed to what they said in the letter but I have not received any emails today (Mon 13th May) infiring people of more delays and pushing dates back to June, so I am hopeful (nothing more) that my bike will be despatched some time this week (god help Canyon if they don't) :evil:
    I have really kicked up a fuss this last couple of months and I have squeezed a number of freebies + discount out of them to help soften the blow.
    All I can do now is sit / wait and keep my fingers crossed.

Regards,

Stephen.
  • RhodOnABike
    RhodOnABike Posts: 25
    Thanks Stephen! Gives me some hope as I haven't received the email that people are talking about either! But then again my original delivery week was week 19 not week 11 so I get the feeling I'm going to get delayed more :(

Canyon are going to suffer badly now if the bikes aren't up to expectations!
  • I spoke to the guys at Canyon UK last Friday as I was told 2 weeks ago that my updated delivery date was week 20 and wanted to find out what day it was being dispatched. This is when I was informed the new despatch was week 25 as you can imagine I hit the roof. My original delivery date was week 12 then week 16 then 19. With all the people on here being told week 25 do I honestly believe my bike will be dispaeek 25....not a chance. Just out of interest what is everyone waiting for you I'm waiting for CF SLX 7.0 in black and white with standard chainset.
  • RhodOnABike
    I'm waiting for 7.0 di2 compact in stealth! Did you receive the email or did you have to phone them! I've tried phoning all day and they've been engaged each time I've tried
  • chigman
    19. Just out of interest what is everyone waiting for you I'm waiting for CF SLX 7.0 in black and white with standard chainset.

Same as you but a compact.
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • ste1975
    edited May 2013
    Canyon are going to suffer badly now if the bikes aren't up to expectations!

RhodOnABike,

I think there are a numbers of factors that have led to this sorry situation. Clearly the QC issue is the main talking point for obvious reasons and it goes without saying that Canyon have had no choice in this matter but to stop despatch and test the frames. The last thing they want is a product recall on their hands.
    Secondly the demand from what I have been told was far above what they expected, compounding the problem.
    Lastly and probably the most frustrating has been the complete lack of communication from Canyon which has really annoyed most people who are in the same boat as you and I.
    Fortunately Canyon offer a 6 year warranty on the new SLX frame so that is reassuring if there are any problems further down the line. Hopefully though everything will be OK. Also the few reviews I have read have been very positive with some great feedback on performance. :)

Regards,

Stephen.
  • ste1975
    Just out of interest what is everyone waiting for? I'm waiting for CF SLX 7.0 in black and white with standard chainset.

Chrisburke,

I have the CF SLX 7.0 DI2 on order (stealth / compact / large)

Mine is due for despatch this week. Had a letter of confirmation 2 weeks ago with a binding date offered.

Regards,

Stephen.
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    I'm waiting on a 8.0 Compact in Stealth. Tried ringing today also but engaged, I presume if they sent out a load of emails quoting the same delayed delivery date (which seems very odd but anyway) that their getting bombarded with calls. Not to mention the fact that they seem to be randomly sending out people's email addresses to other recipients too.
  • Yes I got the email today which just confirmed what I was told Friday. Really hope its worth the wait but if it gets delayed any more I will probably look else where.
  • ste1975
    Is it too early to put my order in for a 2014 bike:)

Bookwyse,

Canyon won't release 2014 models until around Oct and even then you will not see delivery until approx March next year (if you are lucky)
    A good option would be to keep an eye on their outlet offerings as you may pick up a bargain come August September.

Regards,

Stephen.
  • cyprids
    cyprids Posts: 21
    For those looking at a 7.0 delivery, waiting until next season may be compelling since next years models could very well include Ultegra 6800 in the line up which is the the 11sp version of Ultegra...
  • chigman
    cyprids wrote:
    For those looking at a 7.0 delivery, waiting until next season may be compelling since next years models could very well include Ultegra 6800 in the line up which is the the 11sp version of Ultegra...

Well, we're not to far off that are we. :wink:
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • Frank89
    Frank89 Posts: 3
    Hi, I would like to order this frame, but I do not know what size to be better for me, S or M. I'm 177cm and inseam 81cm. PPS suggests Small. I would like to the racing position. My options:
    1. Frame S + 130mm steam
    2. Frame M + 110/120mm steam

What do you think about this?
  • chigman
    We'll I'm 177cm with an inseam of 82cm and the pps suggested a small. After an email to canyon, they thought that a medium would be better for me. I just hope they are right.
    Cube Crossteam Hybrid
  • DrWally
    DrWally Posts: 54
    If you expect to ride your bike before winter, don't order. Current quoted delivery dates are way off, and they know it.
  • RhodOnABike
    I wouldn't be to disheartened! I eventually managed to get in touch with canyon and it seems that they have all the bikes and are building them as fast as they can! I honestly believe they're trying to get the bike out ASAP, but I don't think they had the infrastructure for the sheer amount of orders they've received!

What sucks is in a few months every other person on the road will be riding one.
  • Low-fi
    Low-fi Posts: 98
    It'll be no worse than all the Cervelo R5s and S5s kicking about ;)
  • Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    I wouldn't be to disheartened! I eventually managed to get in touch with canyon and it seems that they have all the bikes and are building them as fast as they can! I honestly believe they're trying to get the bike out ASAP, but I don't think they had the infrastructure for the sheer amount of orders they've received!

What sucks is in a few months every other person on the road will be riding one.

Did you get through on the phone? Any answers given about the emails and dates sent out in bulk yesterday? Tried ringing yesterday but got an engaged tone, wrote them a strongly worded email though, no reply as of yet.
  • RhodOnABike
    I actually tweeted them after talking to the girl who had her email shared with everyone by accident on there! No answers about the email, but they seemed to know who I was as they have this reply: @CanyonUK: @rhodritaylor @Pure_Cycling Rhodri, your order is scheduled to ship this week. From there delivery typically takes 5-8 days to the UK.

What gets me is my original delivery date when I ordered the bike was week 19, I ordered it at the start of February. When some of you guys ordered yours before Xmas and were originally looking at week 11 but still haven't received the bike! I ordered a slx 7.0 di2 compact in stealth, large frame, If that makes any difference.
  • Frank89
    Frank89 Posts: 3
    How options is better for me? (I'm 177cm, inseam 81cm, arm 65/66cm)
    1. Frame S + 130mm steam
    2. Frame M + 110/120mm steam