Paul Kimmage.....

Comments

• ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    PK's all yours, Froomey...

There's an interview of cheery charisma I'll be rushing to watch.

Followed by Van Morrison talking to William Hague...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    iainf72 wrote:
    Aaron got served legal papers today. By Garmins lawyer in Spain

Sorry, the Garmin connection is?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Probably are nt too many english speaking lawyers in Girona....as a total guess
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    iainf72 wrote:
    Aaron got served legal papers today. By Garmins lawyer in Spain

Sorry, the Garmin connection is?

They just did them a favour. Needed a lawyer to deliver them so the Garmin folks helped out
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    I can't post a picture as it won't open a high res version in Algeria, but have you seen Arrons e-mail to Pat McQuaid snitching on Jamie Fuller and the CCN thing?

Basically informing McQuaid about all the nasty things CCN was saying about him and the UCI and letting him know that he things that "his heart is in the right place"

Seriously that guy is a slipperyer (sic) than a snake covered in jelly
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ddraver wrote:
    I can't post a picture as it won't open a high res version in Algeria, but have you seen Arrons e-mail to Pat McQuaid snitching on Jamie Fuller and the CCN thing?

Basically informing McQuaid about all the nasty things CCN was saying about him and the UCI and letting him know that he things that "his heart is in the right place"

Seriously that guy is a slipperyer (sic) than a snake covered in jelly

I'll do it for you (there's another one with him telling McQuaid, at length, how to do his PR, but it's to small to read properly)

777867078.jpg

It begs the question as to why, a month or two later, the Cyclismas editor (who is CC in that e-mail) then put him in sole charge of a fund earmarked for opposing McQuaid. This Lesli Cohen really is a weapons grade moron.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    edited June 2013
    Duplicate
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon
    That Not Pat McQuaid was advising Real Pat McQuaid, was forgotten when Not Pat McQuaid was entrusted with the Defence against Real Pat McQuaid fund. It's quite simple.

"CyclismasEditor 12:21am via TweetDeck
    @jazzporridge @renovandael Look at the date of the email. It was 6 months before the start of the Kimmage Fund. Forgot I'd been sent a copy."
  • RichN95.
    edited June 2013
    Macaloon wrote:
    That Not Pat McQuaid was advising Real Pat McQuaid, was forgotten when Not Pat McQuaid was entrusted with the Defence against Real Pat McQuaid fund. It's quite simple.

"CyclismasEditor 12:21am via TweetDeck
    @jazzporridge @renovandael Look at the date of the email. It was 6 months before the start of the Kimmage Fund. Forgot I'd been sent a copy."
    The date of the e-mail is clearly 2 December 2012, long after the fund was started - that was started in September 2012. It's only six months before the start of today. (And even if it had been 2011 then it should have stuck in the mind).
    I'll upgrade her moron rating from 'weapons grade' to 'doomsday device'
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Truly magnificent work all round.

School for the Gifted has some new alumni
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Oh my god that is totes amazeballs as some annoying people say! Is Not Pat McQuaid lecturing to the real Pat McQuaid a shark jumping moment? It really has gone a little through the looking glass for sure.

Sadly Lesli Cohen shows as much nouse as some of my students. :( Or she's being deliberately obtuse because otherwise she ends up looking like a massive something not very good. Either way she doesn't come out of this very well at all.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I had a run in with Mrs Cyclismas on twitter a few months ago which led me to believe that she was an idiot, not it's confirmed.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Macaloon
    I really don't care about much of who did what, when. But my inner Glaswegian goes grapeshot crazy when glowing morons, and their legion of acolytes, think the rest of us are idiots. I bet Vaughters regrets enabling this troupe of stunt monkeys during one of his campaigns to destabilize UCI. There's no way they would have gained the profile they did based on their own insights, writings, or 'campaigning'.

Dates - the email above was dated December 2012. The Kimmage fund kicked-off around January 2012. The email that is hard to read where Overlord ( :lol: ) is pitching PR services directly to McQuaid was from March 2012. Aside from any potential financial impropriety, Cohen was publishing work from someone she knew to be a fraud.

I'd quite like to see some journalists, oft-maligned by these characters, deliver a kicking. Or maybe fearless Digger could swing into action. Sadly, he failed to respond when I asked if he was angry at being kept in the dark that AB was a fraud?
  • Richmond Racer
    Macaloon wrote:
    I really don't care about much of who did what, when. But my inner Glaswegian goes grapeshot crazy when glowing morons, and their legion of acolytes, think the rest of us are idiots. I bet Vaughters regrets enabling this troupe of stunt monkeys during one of his campaigns to destabilize UCI. There's no way they would have gained the profile they did based on their own insights, writings, or 'campaigning'.

Dates - the email above was dated December 2012. The Kimmage fund kicked-off around January 2012. The email that is hard to read where Overlord ( :lol: ) is pitching PR services directly to McQuaid was from March 2012. Aside from any potential financial impropriety, Cohen was publishing work from someone she knew to be a fraud.

I'd quite like to see some journalists, oft-maligned by these characters, deliver a kicking. Or maybe fearless Digger could swing into action. Sadly, he failed to respond when I asked if he was angry at being kept in the dark that AB was a fraud?

Calling Messrs Moore and Birnie...next time you pop in, have a squizz at what Macaloon's saying, would you...
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Paul Kimmage is now writing for the Sunday Independent newspaper here in Ireland.

He has a good piece in today's paper on Neil and Dan Martin. I never knew that Neil almost signed for Sem-France-Loire with Sean Kelly. It appears he missed out on the slot because a new, Dutch, sponsor was being brought into the team and they went with a Dutch rider instead.

Kimmage will be doing a daily Tour video update from Wednesday onwards. It can be seen at www.independent.ie/kimmage.

DD.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Full story of the UCI Underpants debacle from Joe Lindsey:

http://www.bicycling.com/news/featured- ... fense-fund
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    r0bh wrote:

I haven't even read any of it yet but the picture of the of Aaron Brown makes me want to kick him up the arse.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    Dear oh dear, that's a sorry tale. And one Aaron Brown does not come out of well.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    Well if nothing else Aaron Brown has really awful taste in chairs.
  • RichN95.
    edited June 2013
    Dear oh dear, that's a sorry tale. And one Aaron Brown does not come out of well.
    None of them come out of it well. They're either dishonest, guillible or incompetent.

When teams refuse to release blood/power data it is not because they don't want the opposition to see it, it is because they do not want to be judged by people like this. Why risk your reputation with people who would lie to their friends for a buck or aren't technically smart enough to open a Pay Pal account?

The whole new media anti-doping movement is one big clusterfck of people wanting to grab attention and make a buck.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Where's my rapturous applause smiley?

@gietvangent
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    In other Kimmage news... this from Pete Kennaugh:

Peter kennaugh ‏@Petekennaugh 49m
    Well Paul kimmage today confirmed the fact he is a Walter ! Disrespectful loser

I'm guessing something to do with the Team Sky press conference - any ideas what happened?
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:
    None of them come out of it well. They're either dishonest, guillible or incompetent.

When teams refuse to release blood/power data it is not because they don't want the opposition to see it, it is because they do not want to be judged by people like this. Why risk your reputation with people who would lie to their friends for a buck or aren't technically smart enough to open a Pay Pal account?

The whole new media anti-doping movement is one big clusterfck of people wanting to grab attention and make a buck.

Nail, head, hit.
  • Macaloon
    r0bh wrote:

Except it's not quite the full story. A few weeks ago Cohen published emails between Brown and Pat McQuaid which date back to March 2012. Cohen was bcc'd. In the emails Brown is offering all sorts of advice to PMQ and appeared to be pitching for work. So all of last Summer and right up to the formation of the fund, Cohen was happy to publish work slamming PMQ, written by a guy secretly pitching to be his 'assistant'.

I've now asked 3 times why she thinks it was cool to base 'the new cycling' on a blatant lie. The answers have been:
    'Fck ff', 'it's complicated', and "maybe when you're sued for $2m someday, you'll understand what can and can't be said openly. That's it, I'm done. Peace out."

You can't eat transparency, seemingly.
  • Richmond Racer
    Where's my rapturous applause smiley?

:lol::lol::lol:
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    nic_77 wrote:

I'm guessing something to do with the Team Sky press conference - any ideas what happened?
    Seems he was giving Brailsford grief about ruining EBH's career.
  • Richmond Racer
    nic_77 wrote:

What the actual fark?? :shock:

EDIT:

As you say...

http://www.tv2.no/sport/sykkel/tdf/kjen ... 79550.html

So this is Kimmage's strategy of trying to be THE story at the Tour. What a tool.
  • iainf72

ROFL. Genius.

Maybe PK was one of those morons who thought EBH was the next Merckx.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:

ROFL. Genius.

Maybe PK was one of those morons who thought EBH was the next Merckx.
    I don't speak Norwegian, but the appearance in that linked article of the phrase 'den neste Eddy Merckx' suggests he was.
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:
    I don't speak Norwegian, but the appearance in that linked article of the phrase 'den neste Eddy Merckx' suggests he was.

Oh dear me.

Top Tip Paul : You'd have an easier time if you just dug into a few of the Sky people, found their doping links and wheeled it out. Again. At least it wouldn't be as tragic as this