Paul Kimmage.....

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    A fool and their money, etc.

It completely boggles my mind that people voluntarily handed their money over to this thing with no idea who it was going to or how it would be spent. Even after Believe Tyler and the Floyd Fairness Fund. Mind. Boggled.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    RichN95 wrote:
    In these troubled times it is now hard to find an honest cause you can support, so I am please announce Rich's Booze Fund. You can be guaranteed that I will drink every penny of it, even if I have knock back some ludricrously priced scotch.

There is a major difference with your idea Rich, which is that you are at least being honest about where your money is going to go :wink:

This always seemed likely to end in tears.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up Twitter......
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up Twitter......

Get yourself back on for a couple of days. Cant miss this. Let me recommend following @UCI_Underpants
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    I always thought you (or maybe inky) was Underpants RR...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    If it's true there must be some donators who are a bit pissed about this. Ashenden for example.. Dipped quite a few chestnuts into the festivitas, didn't he.

I thought it was a d'ick move by UCI back then - not enough to actually donate money on a dodgy internet donation website to a person I don't know run by a person I don't know, though - and thought it to be a pretty good cause.

Very confusing..

Btw - a bit early to jump conclusions, isn't it... That CN article made me more confused than informed.
  • Richmond Racer
    @patrickmcquaid parody account having some fun and games also...
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    It's a Tarantino bloodbath

gallagherbren 6:21pm via web
    @PaulKimmage A pretty outstanding piece of journalism from one u mock as needing Fran Millar's permission to write a piece don't you agree?

^Referring to Richard Moore's piece
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Richmond Racer
    THANK GOD FOR THE INTERWEBZ..

...is all I can say
  • Richmond Racer
    Macaloon wrote:
    It's a Tarantino bloodbath

gallagherbren 6:21pm via web
    @PaulKimmage A pretty outstanding piece of journalism from one u mock as needing Fran Millar's permission to write a piece don't you agree?

^Referring to Richard Moore's piece

*sharp intake of breath'

Well, we already have our Mr Brown...
  • bgfalll123
    bgfalll123 Posts: 50
    I have read into this kimmage bloke quite a bit and cant put my finger on his issue ?

Does he truly believe brad doped ?

Anyone able to clear it up short and sharp ?

Cheers
  • ddraver
    ThomThom wrote:
    If it's true there must be some donators who are a bit pissed about this. Ashenden for example.. Dipped quite a few chestnuts into the festivitas, didn't he.

I thought it was a d'ick move by UCI back then - not enough to actually donate money on a dodgy internet donation website to a person I don't know run by a person I don't know, though - and thought it to be a pretty good cause.

Very confusing..

Btw - a bit early to jump conclusions, isn't it... That CN article made me more confused than informed.

In my heart I know it's wrong Thom, but f**k 'em they re such tw@ts and they deserve every lost cent of the abuse they re getting!
    - @ddraver
  • Macaloon
    I know it's wrong too, and I hate myself for it. But F**k 'em. Their whole schtick was based on grotesque distortions which generated noise and traffic at the expense of rider's reputations. Meanwhile, it just got real:

franmillar 8:04pm via Twitter for iPad
    @CraigHardie I very much hope I do more to help this sport than Aaron Brown ever did - @UCI_Overlord
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    ddraver wrote:
    I always thought you (or maybe inky) was Underpants RR...

Huh? No way am I hip or happening enough.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Oh man, I unfollowed UCI_Overlord quite a while ago so just searched for him on Twitter to see what all the fuss was about. And it's very, very funny.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    edited May 2013
    bgfalll123 wrote:
    I have read into this kimmage bloke quite a bit and cant put my finger on his issue ?

Does he truly believe brad doped ?

Anyone able to clear it up short and sharp ?

Cheers

Sure someone will correct me, but I see his thoughts as being there can be no smoke without fire & what Sky have done is to good to be true to being read/misread as seeing smoke somewhere. Therefore as no one from Sky will give him access to them (as they did with Walsh) they must either be hiding something, or not wanting to help with the truth.

Of course the above is my opinion & no one else's
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841

Sure someone will correct me, but I see his thoughts as being there can be no smoke without fire & what Sky have done is to good to be true to being read/misread as seeing smoke somewhere. Therefore as no one from Sky will give him access to them (as they did with Walsh) they must either be hiding something, or not wanting to help with the truth.

Kimmage couldn't hack it as a pro-cyclist, lost job, moaned about it. Fast forward 20 years and replace 'pro-cyclist' with 'journalist'.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    @digger_forum is gonna have himself a heart attack if he ain't careful. He's now trying frantically to shove words back in his mouth after calling Fran Miller a bitch.
  • ddraver
    Have nt followed him for a while, but shcoked to see he's commenting on the lions (even moreso that I vaguely agree with him a bit). Always assumed he was a yankee...
    - @ddraver
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

Kimmage couldn't hack it as a pro-cyclist, lost job, moaned about it. Fast forward 20 years and replace 'pro-cyclist' with 'journalist'.

Quite possibly true, but I think we still have more to come & for the better from Kimmage. Not sure why or what makes me say that but he still has a part to play in all this in some way.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people.

Doubt we will see anymore *Chuckle* tweets from Overlord from here on in.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

As one his biggest critics, I would say your being a bit harsh there. He's certainly a decent writer. He's written well reviewed books and won journalism awards for his interviewing (although his style wasn't to my tastes).

It's just that when it comes to cycling he has become increasingly dogmatic to the 'everyone's doping' creed, particularly after proclaiming Kohl clean. And over the years he has attracted similarly dogmatic followers who view him as some of messiah. And he appears to have bought into the adulation, positioning himself as the chief arbiter of cleanliness without bothering to troubled by doing the actual grunt work of journalism.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Tis the first time I've laughed at any of cyclismas' work. Congratulations are in order for them to have finally achieved becoming a satire site.

As for Kimmage, he will realistically face questions even if he wasn't involved in the least, it's not exactly a Goldilocks learns to have porridge that's too hot fund.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Look at the dates.

BJNdKjnCcAAtXoC.jpg:large
  • Richmond Racer
    Who needs investigative journalism when we have BR forumites?!

You need to RT that to Beaudin, Moore and Benson...
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Kimmage: "We will get to the bottom of this"

What he needs is an investigative journalist, pathologically devoted to the uncovering of wrongdoing and with an overwhelming sense of his own moral superiority. Wonder where he can find one...
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • Macaloon
    greeny12 wrote:

What he needs is an investigative journalist, pathologically devoted to the uncovering of wrongdoing and with an overwhelming sense of his own moral superiority. Wonder where he can find one...

Chapeaux :D
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    greeny12 wrote:

How about Piers Morgan?
    ...or what about Ann Leslie?
    Ann_Leslie.jpg

I suspect Kimmage may already be at - or very close to - the bottom.