Paul Kimmage.....

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Lesli seems ok - Bit misguided but that doesn't make someone an ars*
    Letting one person (who didn't even start the fund) sole access to all the cash is incredibly stupid though. Even my office ping pong club's account has two signatories on it and they've only got £100.

(It's also notable that people who judge cyclists according to their instincts are such lousy judges of people they actually know)

A fool and his money are soon a party (for an ex-cafe owner in Girona)

Starting the fund in the first place was stupid. I like to think the people who donated to it are the same kind of people who sign internet petitions.

Occasionally a well backed internet petition and campaign has an effect. Not often, but every now and then something gets big enough quickly enough that it has an impact.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Kimmage discussing being in a 'black hole' over the missing money - http://www.thescore.ie/paul-kimmage-fun ... um=twitter
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio 5h
    Some advice, when you rant to your video editor about taping into the Kimmage fund make sure his mic is off
    "We can tap into the Kimmage fund tomorrow, fuck Paul"
    https://soundcloud.com/uci_overdrawn

Not Pat McQuaid ‏@UCI_Overlord 4h
    @theraceradio wasn't the full conversation. Nor the context. And this is getting even more ridiculous.

Love the Soundcloud username :lol:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    This is so funny. Win / win for me as I can't stand either side
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    iainf72 wrote:

You and me both. Loathsome lot.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    iainf72 wrote:

Yip, +2

Shane Stokes was going on about how poor journalism it was on Race Radio to secretly tape the clips but I have to say that for That lot, I really don't think I care too much. I felt worse for Paul Dacre (was it? The Bloke who made all the stupid comments after Hillsborough) when the BBC bloke doorstepped him
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    ThomThom wrote:
    Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio 5h
    Some advice, when you rant to your video editor about taping into the Kimmage fund make sure his mic is off
    "We can tap into the Kimmage fund tomorrow, fark Paul"
    https://soundcloud.com/uci_overdrawn

Not Pat McQuaid ‏@UCI_Overlord 4h
    @theraceradio wasn't the full conversation. Nor the context. And this is getting even more ridiculous.

Love the Soundcloud username :lol:

Taken out of context :D How can you take "We can dip in to the Kimmage funds, F*ck Paul" or "I paid you directly from the Kimmage funds" out of context?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ddraver wrote:

Yip, +2

Shane Stokes was going on about how poor journalism it was on Race Radio to secretly tape the clips but I have to say that for That lot, I really don't think I care too much. I felt worse for Paul Dacre (was it? The Bloke who made all the stupid comments after Hillsborough) when the BBC bloke doorstepped him
    That was probably Kelvin MacKenzie (editor of the Sun at the time).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Yip, +2

Race Radio didnt tape the stuff - it was Underpant's partner in crime who does the videos etc with him. Race Radio - in collaboration with Madame Cyclismas obvs - tweeted the clips.
  • ddraver
    Oh ok, well whoever...

No hang on, that means that they ve been caught by THEIR OWN PEOPLE doing dodgy stuff. That's even better, that's like a Sun Journalist breaking the story about Phone Hacking from info he found on a Hacked phone! :D:D
    - @ddraver
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    ddraver wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Yip, +2

Kelvin Mackenzie. He deserves everything he got.

#edit# Beaten to it.
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:
    Oh ok, well whoever...

No hang on, that means that they ve been caught by THEIR OWN PEOPLE doing dodgy stuff. That's even better, that's like a Sun Journalist breaking the story about Phone Hacking from info he found on a Hacked phone! :D:D

Quite. Its really quite delicious.

Word is that he's swanning around the Giro at the moment, trying to pretend nothing's actually happened. I'm out there from next Fri onwards. If someone points him out to me, I might have a bit of fun :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,646
    It's a problem that afflicts US cycling fans. You need to be reasonably internet literate in order to watch a lot of cycling in the US judging by cyclocosm's comments. Ergo the US cycling world exists mainly on the internet, so a few keyboard warriors can come to the fore and be a 'big deal' in their scene. Ultimately, they're still just keyboard warriors and so have no real affect beyond their little internet sideshow world.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ^Except when they ensnare "The Woodward and Bernstein of his generation" in a sophisticated sting operation. The best comment was along the lines of: "Getting screwed by the guy who impersonates the guy who's suing you: Meta to say the least."

The terrifying thing is how many people took all parties at face value and still "believe" in one side or the other.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Jaimie Fuller to underwrite Kimmage's legal bills.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957

That's lovely, but I see Kimmage as almost incidental in this. The people who have been defrauded are the ones who turfed over all that dosh.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310

That's lovely, but I see Kimmage as almost incidental in this. The people who have been defrauded are the ones who turfed over all that dosh.

Cheap publicity stunt from Fuller. Offering to cover the costs of a legal case which has been dropped.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

Cheap publicity stunt from Fuller. Offering to cover the costs of a legal case which has been dropped.

He really is a PR whore isn't he.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Somehow in my attempts to limit my internet usage for the sake of my own sanity and my actual real-life, I had missed all this hoopla until yesterday.

It's turned into some Shakespearean tragedy/farce I can't decide which. Never trust disciples of any kind, the world is always a load of levels more complicated than that.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657

He really is a PR whore isn't he.
    As the chairman of a company named skins, whoring doesn't really come as that much of a surprise.
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    Have I got this right? The defence fund to defend Paul Kimmage against a law brought by the UCI has been entrusted to a UCI official? And this official has invested (embezzled) some of fund in a home in Spain? And no laws have been brken?
  • inkyfingers
    andi1363 wrote:
    Have I got this right? The defence fund to defend Paul Kimmage against a law brought by the UCI has been entrusted to a UCI official? And this official has invested (embezzled) some of fund in a home in Spain? And no laws have been brken?

Think you need to do some more reading on the matter.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    I have some of this thread but found it hard to follow hence my question. That's the impression I got anyway!
  • Richmond Racer
    andi1363 wrote:
    I have some of this thread but found it hard to follow hence my question. That's the impression I got anyway!

Its not a UCI official. The perpetrator, Aaron Brown, has an array of parody Twitter accounts that he uses, the best known of which is @UCI_Overlord. From which, ironically, he tweets about the corruption of McQuaid and the UCI.
  • inkyfingers
    andi1363 wrote:

This Velonation article explains the background to the story:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/14498/Feature-The-many-questions-about-the-Kimmage-defence-fund.aspx
  • iainf72
    *chuckle*

Aaron got served legal papers today. By Garmins lawyer in Spain. Just doing folks a favour he was.

*chuckle*
  • iainf72
    Sounds like the police are now looking for Mr Brown.

Good times
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    iainf72 wrote:
    Sounds like the police are now looking for Mr Brown.

Good times

Tall poppy syndrome right there.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ddraver
    Nah, to be fair, He was never good at what he professed to do...
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Just thought: now Wiggins isnt riding the Tour, Kimmage will be deprived of stalking him and trying to wind him up for that film he's making.

Poor PK....but one silver lining for Wiggo...PK's all yours, Froomey...