Paul Kimmage.....

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    iainf72 wrote:
    And there will never be life bans. Its considered as big issue on the human rights front. Seb Coe was quoted on the subject this morning in his capacity as BOA Chief.

There are life bans. 2nd offence and you're out. BOA seem to get confused about punishing someone for the same offence twice.

I think not. The Cobra...
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    The subject of this thread seems quite happy tonight what with Cycling Ireland calling for an EGM.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    I'd like to see the standard ban extended to three years, one suspended if you make a confession. If you fight your ban then you're not eligible for the suspension, you get the full three years. Football has something similar to deal with "frivolous appeals". I'd also like to see a minimum of one full season actually out of competition, yes your ban might be backdated, but you'll also be off the bike for a year from the date of the announcement.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • danlikesbikes
    Might work I guess, would like to think that it would cut down on people trying to fight it but not sure if it would work with UCI, WADA & CSA? Probably would help speed up some decisions as they can't get much slower really, obviously I don't mean all but some just seem to drag on for ages for no apparent reason.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    How about keep bans as they are; but if you're a sanctioned rider who's served your time you have to always wear a race number that's a negative of the norm (i.e. white on black instead of black on white)?

And maybe play the baddie in a season of panto..? I know he's not a traditional character, but Dave Millar's already modelling himself on Dick Dastardly (I've got Di Luca down as Muttley)
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    How about keep bans as they are; but if you're a sanctioned rider who's served your time you have to always wear a race number that's a negative of the norm (i.e. white on black instead of black on white)?

And maybe play the baddie in a season of panto..? I know he's not a traditional character, but Dave Millar's already modelling himself on Dick Dastardly (I've got Di Luca down as Muttley)

Ban ex-dopers from wearing lycra... make them ride in puffer jackets.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • danlikesbikes
    Could of people asking him on twitter if he is going to do anything regards Puerto

@PaulKimmage Any chance of you chasing down the Puerto stuff? Surely lots to go at there, must be some big names relieved by judge today
    @PaulKimmage yes agree, lots to dig your teeth into :)

Wonder what he is waiting for? Unless its for an appeal to fail & then him suggest a cover up?
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    could have people asking him on twitter if he is going to do anything regards Puerto

@PaulKimmage Any chance of you chasing down the Puerto stuff? Surely lots to go at there, must be some big names relieved by judge today
    @PaulKimmage yes agree, lots to dig your teeth into :)

Wonder what he is waiting for? Unless its for an appeal to fail & then him suggest a cover up?

Nah, it's not Wiggins, innit.
  • danlikesbikes

I'd have thought he would have been all over this
  • LeicesterLad

You will hear very little from Kimmage unless it relates to British riders. Not heard a peep from him throughout the whole of the Puerto thing.
  • danlikesbikes

You will hear very little from Kimmage unless it relates to British riders. Not heard a peep from him throughout the whole of the Puerto thing.

I thought he was against all riders and anti doping, or is he just that selective now?
  • Richmond Racer

I thought he was against all riders and anti doping, or is he just that selective now?

Um...yes.
  • danlikesbikes

Um...yes.

That was 2 questions but assume you mean yes to being that selective. Guess that explains why he is being so quizzical.
  • Richmond Racer

Um...yes.

That was 2 questions but assume you mean yes to being that selective. Guess that explains why he is being so quizzical.

Sorry. Yes, he is that selective. I expect the Euskatel and Rusvelo riders' positives completely passed him by.
  • danlikesbikes
    Sorry. Yes, he is that selective. I expect the Euskatel and Rusvelo riders' positives completely passed him by.[/quote]

No need to apologise.

Do you think he is being quite in light of his film or TDF return this year & perhaps sounding off now might damage that?
  • LeicesterLad

Um...yes.

Sorry. Yes, he is that selective. I expect the Euskatel and Rusvelo riders' positives completely passed him by.

Yeah RR is right, he couldn't give a toss about doping in the sport really.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

I don't actually think that's true. He's just caught up in his own hype and bitterness. Small, demonstrably guilty, riders don't interest him. He wants a big fish to fry. So he picks a big fish and attempts to fry it - regardless of the fact he's got no fire, pan or oil.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Richmond Racer

I don't actually think that's true. He's just caught up in his own hype and bitterness. Small, demonstrably guilty, riders don't interest him. He wants a big fish to fry. So he picks a big fish and attempts to fry it - regardless of the fact he's got no fire, pan or oil.

He might have an Il Grillo if he fancied
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Oh dear. Hope no-one here wasted their money on this...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/has-the ... isappeared
  • Richmond Racer
    r0bh wrote:
    Oh dear. Hope no-one here wasted their money on this...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/has-the ... isappeared

Tears of laughter are running down my face....UCI Underpants, Cohen, Kimmage...oh sweet lord, it doesnt get much better than this...

:lol::lol:
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Not content with libel, Cyclismas seem to have branched out into embezzlement!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited May 2013
    Oh, that's hilarious . I might start following the embezzeller on twitter now.

I look forward to the Father Ted defence "It was just resting in my account"
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaa!!!

Wait a minitue, wait a minute...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Can't help noticing that UCI-Underpants/Aaron Brown has relocated from the US to Girona in the last few months. Not that I would ever descend to Cyclismas standards and suggest that there's a link...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Gotta get in there first....

*Chuckle*
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    It's the new Floyd Fairness Fund!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Can we all chip in on a BR Schadenfreude Fund, to throw at various members of the Twitterati to ensure continued entertainment for the rest of us plebs?
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    In these troubled times it is now hard to find an honest cause you can support, so I am please announce Rich's Booze Fund. You can be guaranteed that I will drink every penny of it, even if I have knock back some ludricrously priced scotch.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    RichN95 wrote:
    In these troubled times it is now hard to find an honest cause you can support, so I am please announce Rich's Booze Fund. You can be guaranteed that I will drink every penny of it, even if I have knock back some ludricrously priced scotch.

Oi! I was in first with the fund idea. You are welcome to submit a request to the BR Schadenfreude Fund to fund Rich's Booze Fund, of course, but you will need to ensure that you post pictures of the expensive whisky on Instagram and become a maudlin drunk.

Otherwise SEE YOU IN COURT!
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Schadenfreude is such an ugly human trait. Hang on a minute while I secure my Billy Connolly incontinence pants.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    I demand transparency from the UCI!

Did those 10k going into providing a bandage for a rider?