Crudcatcher Weekend Ride - Inners/GT - 27/28/29 Jul

Comments

• Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    CWNT
    There is a Halfrauds and even cheaper a Go Outdoors only minutes away from mine as well as a nearby Decathlon if you find what you need I'll get it for you to save lugging it around. On the other hand it's a fair bet that I will have spares of every thing you may need. let me know and I'll sort it.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Cheers Richie, that'd be a help actually.
    I'm after a cheap gazebo, and was also going to pick up some bits and pieces such as an inflatable matress (I'm getting old) and a cheapo battery powered camping lamp. Will see what the weather is like nearer the time and maybe pick up a couple of disposable BBQs (the kind with stands) too.
  • Richie63
    Matt
    Can do the Mattress, lamp but could easily pick up the Gazebo before you arrive and the BBQ's should be no problem either.

Might try and ring tonight

Richie
  • I'll be bringing an inflatable matress electric pump thingy...
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Richie, you just try ringing me?

Was in the garden, didn't come up as your number though :S
  • Richie63
    Matt
    Yes it was - I'm offshore so everything is re routed a bit like you phoning from your rock in the sea. :)
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    What's the day by day plan then?

Friday-????
    Saturday - Hangover recovery :wink: and Glentress?
    Sunday - Hangover recovery and Innerleithen uplift for XC wimps (me) and DH gnar-kings?
    Monday - Going home to dry out?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    What time are you lot riding at GT on the Sat? I normally get down there for about 10am with this guy:

http://www.bikebusglentress.co.uk/

We'll be parked up in the top carpark by the freeride park.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Thursday - Peaks Ride, guided by Richie63 (and a curry on the evening).
    Friday - Gisburn, then drive up to GT and set up base camp.
    Saturday - Glentress, guided by cazmotron.
    Sunday - Uplifts, then mad dash back to l'pool for ferry*
    Monday - Sleep

* may only apply to me

There may be BBQs, pubs etc involved depending on weather.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    EH_Rob - Not sure what time, I guess once everyone is up and ready. We're staying at Glentress Forest Lodges though, which I'm led to believe is right opposite the Hub, so you're welcome to pop over (I have no idea where anything is at GT having never been there before, so not sure where the FR carpark is in relation to our campsite). The more the merrier.
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Saturday - Glentress, guided by cazmotron.
    We are all DOOOOOMED :lol:

The campsite is right at the bottom of the hill, to get to the buzzards nest carpark (FR area) is a bit of a nasty climb (therefore anyone who doesn't like the ups can come up in my car, will do multiple runs up if need be).

I have a PDF map of GT if anyone wants a copy drop me a PM and I can email it to you.

As it looks like my mate shall be fit we are thinking of heading down Friday now (we shall sort our own accom) therefore I will be about the FR area on the Friday afternoon and evening, just look for a fat pie on a kona stinky wearing a red and white THE lid.
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cazmotron, do you want me to get in touch with Ian from Glentress Forest lodges and see if he's got any room left for another Tent on our spot?

You may as well join in the festivities.

re trail maps, I've got one for both GT and Inners printed off (A3 size too :P)
  • cazmotron
    CWNT that would be cool, would save a bit of hassel, would imagine there will be plenty of room as the campsites a fair sized field.

Good idea on maps as the new peel centre now charges for maps (only a4 size as well)
  • cat_with_no_tail
    I can't remember where I downloaded my maps from, I think I signed up (for free) to "friends of 7stanes" or something which gave me free access to them.
    I'll run off a few photocopies in case anyone else fancies a gander.

Will let you know what Ian says. I assume you're both sharing a tent?
  • cazmotron
    edited July 2012
    Yeah signing up to "friends of 7stanes" gives access to the maps, I may have a paper copy with some of the secret trails marked on it as well somewhere.
    My mate and I will be sharing a tent (once I get round to either buying, borrowing or just stealing one)
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    What time is your ferry back, Matt? As far as I know, Ritchie is driving us back, so I'm coming with you then. I've got an uplift for Inners (for the XC-wimpy crowd ;) ) on the Sunday so I can get as many runs in as possible, but it would be useful knowing what time we have to meet at the carpark to head back darn sarf.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cat_with_no_tail
    no it's fine, Proutster has to leave early too, so I'm catching a lift back with him (I think :lol:) We're probs heading off after lunch
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cazmotron wrote:
    CWNT that would be cool, would save a bit of hassel, would imagine there will be plenty of room as the campsites a fair sized field.

Good idea on maps as the new peel centre now charges for maps (only a4 size as well)

Right, spoke with Ian, the extra space is not an issue. You're booked in Fri and Sat night with the rest of us.
    Pilch, your mate is fine too.

I'll provide everyone with my mobile #, booking ref etc next week before I leave, so if there are any problems you can let me know. Should just be able to rock up, pick a good sized pitch (somewhere with enough room for all our gear) and have-at-it.
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    no it's fine, Proutster has to leave early too, so I'm catching a lift back with him (I think :lol:) We're probs heading off after lunch

No probs with this, you shall make the ball Cinderella :D
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron wrote:

Right, spoke with Ian, the extra space is not an issue. You're booked in Fri and Sat night with the rest of us.
    Pilch, your mate is fine too.

Awesome! :D
    Even though I go to GT a fair bit I am really looking forward to this
  • EH_Rob
    If I wanted to bring a tent and stay the Saturday would that be possible? If this involves you ringing Ian again, don't bother, as I haven't actually got a tent at the moment, and like a retard I've left it till the last minute to ask.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    That's fine. We've probably got a free space in one of the tents if you can't get hold of one. and after speaking to Ian, it sounds like we've pretty much got as much space as we want.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Getting a bit ahead of my self here I know, especially with it being Scotland and everything, but the forecast for next week is actually looking ok considering. I mean, it's not like bright sunshine or anything. But it's not chucking it down or snowing or any such guff either, which is nice.
    http://www.forecast.co.uk/peebles.html
  • EH_Rob
    It doesn't actually matter that much at GT and Inners, as you're under trees most of the time, and it drains pretty well.

But now you've said that its blatently going to rain.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Metcheck has similar claims too! I won't hold my breath though, but this jet stream thing that they're talking about seems to be missing Peebles, or only just reaching it, so the good weather is a possibility. If so, this will be abso-fookin-awesome!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cazmotron
    The Tweed valley seems to be lucky with the weather. More than once its been chucking it down while driving through from Paisley yet GT is bright and sunny.

CWNT - Are we needing anything in particular for base camp crud? Shall be needing to pick some bits and bobs up over the next week or so
  • cat_with_no_tail
    I'm not aware of needing anything specific.

I'm going for a similar sort of setup that we had at Bikeradar live a few years ago. So everyone setting up around a central area with a gazebo. I'll be supplying the Gazebo (unless anyone already has one they want to bring). So you can just bring the usual camping bits and pieces you need.

Not sure if someone wants to bring a big BBQ for the sat night (might be easier if we all just use smallish disposable ones with the stands).

I assume there is something resembling along the lines of an Asda, co-op, tescos express etc in Peebles anyway.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Hell to the yeahh!! :D The bikeradar setup was awesome, shame my mates not coming to cook everything for us again :lol: I presume it is a strict requirement to bring copious amounts of beer too?
  • cazmotron
    There is a Sainsbury's, Co-op and a Tesco in Peebles I think.