Crudcatcher Weekend Ride - Inners/GT - 27/28/29 Jul

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited July 2012 in MTB rides
The plan is to head up to Scotland on the Friday (27th) possibly stopping off for a ride along the way (location tbd).

I've got some free travel money I need to use from work, so the plan was to get a self catering cottage for the weekend (which I'd cover the cost for). Exactly what we get though will depend on the number of people who confirm.

We'll then have a bite to eat and a couple of beers on the fri night, then spend Sat riding GT and Inners. Or depending on there we stay, maybe organizing some sort of shuttle service to drop us off at a set point where we can spend the day riding back (again depending on numbers, and there may be an additional cost for this service).

Hoping to get another earlyish ride in on the Sun before heading home on Sunday afternoon.

Unlike the majority of crudcatcher events, I'm going to need confirmed places on this one so I can sort out suitable accomodation.

I'll be lookin to book something this time next month. So you've got until Jun 4th to decide.

If we can only find somewhere with limited places, we'll do it on a 1st come, 1st served basis.

So, if you're free on the weekend of 27th, 28th & 29th July, and fancy a laid-back weekender riding possibly the best spot in the UK, add your name to the List in the post below.....

p.s, it's BYO hookers and blow, sorry for the invonvenience.

p.p.s If you fancy joining us, but would prefer to sort out your own accommodation, or just want to come up for the day, please make sure you say so in your post.

Comments

• cat_with_no_tail
    edited June 2012
    Weekender
      CWNT Richie63 Squarepants N.Monkey Bails Proutster Lawman Andyrm Pilch Kicking Mule

Day-tripper
    EH Rob
    Cazmotron
    oodboo

Sorting own accommodation
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Yea I'd be up for this. All weekend and would rather someone else sort accomadation :lol:

CWNT - Are you sorting accomadation and we pay back when numbers are confirmed?

Will have to sort a South Wales contigent to travel up together
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Yea I'd be up for this. All weekend and would rather someone else sort accomadation :lol:

CWNT - Are you sorting accomadation and we pay back when numbers are confirmed?

Will have to sort a South Wales contigent to travel up together

For the time being, I'm going to say accommodation will be sorted by me. If I can find somewhere suitable (I'm thinking self catering cottage sleeping x many people) I'll cover the cost out of my own pocket. Reimbursement is not necessary, unless we can only get in somewhere that's a million billion pounds for the weekend. In which case, we'll re-assess.

I'm currently looking into Innerhaven which looks absolutely perfect. You can see riders descending the trails from the kitchen window, they organize trips out etc. However, as it only sleeps 6, and we're not sure of numbers yet, and I can't book until June, it will depend on availability. But that's the kind of place I'm looking at anyway.

HOWEVER. Now I think about it, instead of paying me back for the digs, those wishing to stay could make a (purely voluntary) donation to whichever charity we decide on for Kaiser after we get back. I'll perhaps set up a justgiving page or some guff.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Potential day tripper here, just need a pass out from the boss.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    I shall be up for attending but as I live just over an hour or so away I shall most likely be a day tripper, Another suggestion for accomadation would be the campsite or wigwam/huts at Glentress itself (right at the bottom next to th new peel centre)
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • Squarepants
    Cat - that's a very generous offer regarding accom and a great idea re the Charity. I'd certainly contribute to either or both if money allows etc.. Happy with any outcome re monies.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i'd love to say yes, but it all comes down to cash flow....put me down as a hopeful :lol:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I might be up for this. I've been warned that our 'year end' (first 2 weeks of July) is pretty intense, so my boss has near enough ordered me to take time off afterwards....
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Squarepants
    edited May 2012
    I'm exactly the same Kev, should hopefully be able to do it on a pretty tight budget

Van isn't going to be much, especially over the weekend..

Could be shared between me, you, Ben at least

EDIT: Bit of research

From Enterprise, a Transit size, 3 seater (us 3 mentioned above for e.g)

From 8am Friday returning 8am Monday is

£160.85

In addition (as I don't fancy driving to and from Scotland by myself)

£30 for each additional driver for the weekend so I'd want at least one of you to go on too or all 3 of us if Kev, Ben fancy driving also.

£200 refundable deposit if no damage of course and excess is £750.

So that's £53.60 each plus extra £30 to be added to the policy. So that's transport costs exc' fuel.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I'm exactly the same Kev, should hopefully be able to do it on a pretty tight budget

Van isn't going to be much, especially over the weekend..

Could be shared between me, you, Ben at least

if my roof rack fits my new car we could fit 3 bikes on the roof and we wouldn't need a van :D

but i want to go to the alps end of aug/beginning of sept so i'd rather put the cash towards that if it's either/or :?
  • Squarepants
    Don't be gghhheeyyy Kev, Alps is next year anyway you sponge, Inner this year, Alps next year..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Bugger. Going to be in Morzine that weekend. Shall go to Inners in June instead. Yet again I'm going to miss a cruddyride.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Managed to miss everyone at Afan... despite riding there all weekend :oops:

Could be up for this one... just need to check a few things, will confirm ASAP, got a van that will take 4 people + bikes + kit, handbags etc. i'm in Northants so can pick up/drop off along the way - within reason :wink: will probably bring a mate along, so I guess thats 2 people I can give lifts too if you need it.

Happy to contribute to any accom costs... if there's no room i'll kip in my van
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • I'm should be up for this. Checked my diary and cant see anything.. So I'm a good to go!

Could pick off a trail centre or 2 on the way up and down from Cardiff and possibly steal some grub from my Rents on the way haha!

Obv the only.limiting factor would be ££ but if there are a few from Wales then I'm game!
  • TheNorthernTrain
    TheNorthernTrain Posts: 1,049
    I'm going to try and get the time off work tomorrow. This is one I definitely do not want to miss.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Would love to do this, but it clashes with another event. Boo!

Have an epic time!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Dammit. I'm going to be on a bacon farm. For this reason, I'm out.
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Just checked the Uplift Scotland website and there is an uplift day at Inners on both the 28th and 29th :)
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    This looks like a good trip, to which I'd like to attend but it'd take me 10+ hours on a train etc. If someone near bristol/wales (Cardiff Central) Then I may be tempted.

What's the deadline for confirming?
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cazmotron - That is pretty excellent news

projectsome - I'll be booking up around this time next month. So I'll need final numbers by end of May, unless you're planning on finding your own accommodation in which case, there is really no need to let me know either way.
  • Squarepants
    This looks like a good trip, to which I'd like to attend but it'd take me 10+ hours on a train etc. If someone near bristol/wales (Cardiff Central) Then I may be tempted.

Me and Northern Monkey are more or less Central Cardiff and may be hiring a van, could be an option..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Mrs has given me a pass so I'm in :)
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    I live in Edinburgh and am at GT/Inners most weekends, so I'll see you there. I probably won't need accomodation but will let you know.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Just waiting on a quote to book the Kailzie Bunkhouse for the weekend. Should be plenty big enough for all those wanting to stay, and it looks nice, clean, and it's in an absolutely IDEAL location, right slap bank in the middle of GT and Inners.
  • projectsome

Me and Northern Monkey are more or less Central Cardiff and may be hiring a van, could be an option..

What day(s) were you thinking?

Getting to Cardiff Central in the morning (7:30am) won't be a problem as I live by a station (as long as it's not too busy)

I'll be able to confirm in about 2 weeks etc
  • Squarepants
    All 3 days, no way am I going to Scotland for a day :lol:

Yea that sounds good, earliest I can get the van for is 8am so so half 7 would be more or less spot on, shame we can't have a pint in Great Western before we set off

/stag do mode

I'm still not 100% confirmed and money is gonna be seriously tight but I can't see me not going, and Bens looking good too (especially in shorts)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • projectsome
    All 3 days, no way am I going to Scotland for a day :lol:

Yea that sounds good, earliest I can get the van for is 8am so so half 7 would be more or less spot on, shame we can't have a pint in Great Western before we set off

/stag do mode

I'm still not 100% confirmed and money is gonna be seriously tight but I can't see me not going, and Bens looking good too (especially in shorts)

I'm not 100% certain yet! Still need to get the bike fixed. I'll know by the end of next week.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    That's the weekend I'm at fort william for the endurance downhill you total knobs!

Check out the Bike House and The Bike Lodge... I think Glentrail will be closed all summer otherwise it'd be the best option probable. All owned by local riders.

Worth mentioning also that it's an uplift weekend at Innerleithen, for folks that want to check out the downhill- or get a local (psst- PeteNumbers) to show you the enduro trails, most of the best riding at innerleithen isn't on any maps.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Bike house is fully booked. Good call on The Bike lodge though.

Still waiting to see how many of us there will be first though.

The fact I'm still at work whilst I write this (and will be for another couple of hours) all contributes towards me not being able to wait to get away!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Any more interest in this before I get somewhere booked up for us all?