Crudcatcher Weekend Ride - Inners/GT - 27/28/29 Jul

Comments

• cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    I should have a spare place in my tent as I will be picking up a 4 man tent on Thursday.
    As for riding GT Friday and Saturday, there is tons of trails both marked and unmarked (of which I know a fair few of them) there is also the FR area to play in, I have spent a full day just messing about the FR, Berm baby berm and a couple of the lower trails so there is very little chance of being bored.
    With all the talk about hangovers I should probably point out that I will be the only one without one due to not drinking (though tempted to bring a couple of bottles of buckie for a laugh)
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Nah you're alright, I'm not much of a drinker myself so shall probably be another one who remains sober(ish)
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Yeah, we wouldn't get bored of GT if we rode it for 6 hours on Friday then all day Saturday. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a closing time for the trails, I'm packing my lights in case someone wants a night ride.
    Berm Baby Berm was great fun last time! :D

CRAYONS WOOOOOO :D

Woud definitely be quicker going up the A1, Richie, though doesn't the Crapnav take you across the A66 to the M6?* Mine did, though you maybe know a better route (I relied on my Crapnav last time, often taking the 'scenic' route)

*EDIT: Just looked on the Map of Googles, and it looks quicker going up A1/A696 to Peebles. Stupid Crapnav :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I have a map and one of those memories where if I see something I can remember it so glance at a map and off I go- simples.

I'll see what I can do about a clown and some crayons. Crusty and chunky should do.

I'm probably not going to do night ride as Peaks on Thurs, short play on Friday/ Gisburn. XC on Saturday then Uplift Sunday Then drive back might just and I say again might just make me tired.

I'll lie in my pit and read my Kindle like an old bloke. :lol: while you youngsters go out in the dark.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Richie63 wrote:
    I'll lie in my pit and read my Kindle like an old bloke. :lol: while you youngsters go out in the dark.

Phew, that means it's OK for me to bring my iPad and read too :D getting old don't you know (doesn't mean I won't have a drink or two but, in my book, night riding is for the winter when it's dark at 6pm).
  • Richie63
    Proutster wrote:
    Richie63 wrote:

Phew, that means it's OK for me to bring my iPad and read too :D getting old don't you know (doesn't mean I won't have a drink or two but, in my book, night riding is for the winter when it's dark at 6pm).

Only joking. I'll be out in the woods chasing badgers tying burning twigs to their tails and reverting back to nature - It's Scotland don't you know.
  • Richie - Good plan, I'll pack some lights :D

i got 3x magic shines so may be able to sort other out between us!

GT in the arvo would be good.... Ideally I want to leave early as poss on the Friday. Would rather get the tent up, bike out and kit ready for an arvo ride than be in the car!
    Especially if its a nice day!

I'm firmly in the 'not a big drinker' camp, would rather stay fresh for the days ahead!

To everyone driving... try to not be massively shocked at the SIZE OF THE FRICKING COWS when you get into braveheart territory. 1 double take and you could end up in a ditch.... and not in a good way!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Ah, I'm also a 'fresh head for riding' kind of person. It's just that the only other biking trips I've done have been with Gazlar......

I'll remember to pack lights just in case.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    I always try to keep a fresh head for riding.... but I am easily led... :lol:

Did we decide whether its straight up to GT or are we riding Gisburn on the way?
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • cat_with_no_tail
    AFAIK, it's straight up to GT. Get that big drive out the way with in one go.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Also, would someone mind PMing me their address so I can get some pads delivered from CRC. I don't want to order them to my house, as I'm going to be leaving before the post arrives on Thurs, so may not have enough time.
  • bails87
    I'm voting for straight to GT, it'll just be easier. May as well make the most of Scotland given how far away it is, I can ride in Lancashire any time :wink:

Do I need to bring any food or anything? I'm bringing the obvious riding snacks, but other than that all I'll have is 'my' stuff (bike, tools, riding gear, clothes, sleeping bag, toiletries etc).

CWNT, I can do it. The postie has got good at hiding stuff under the doormat so it's there even when we're out.
    MTB/CX

• cat_with_no_tail
    cheers Bails, PM over you address and I'll get it ordered now.

edit: never mind, just seen your text :D
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Forgot to mention, I was in town yesterday and picked up a couple of packs of these:

Glow+Sticks+Photography+Rows-+Alexander+Taylor+Graphic+Design.jpg
  • bails87
    :lol: I got some too!
    MTB/CX

• lmao!! Awesome!

Bails - Re:food.. not much of an issue, there is a big tesco nearby s I'l be frequenting that if needs be... TBH, food will be the last thought after bike, kit and clothes.... NO idea how much space we're gonna have left!
  • bails87
    Fair enough, we'll stock up there then.

If it's any use, I've realised it's a piece of pee to remove the lower half of the rear seats from my car. That frees up a load of space for two bikes upside down along the back seats, and the wheels can fit in the footwell behind the back seats that would normally be filled with the folded out seats.

It works in my Focus with a 150mm HT, don't know how much smaller your car is and how much bigger your bike is.
    MTB/CX

• Yeah,I'll be 'van'ing' the 206 and removing as much as poss from the rear.
    Unfortunately, I think my Canyon is longer than the inside of my car is wide :lol:
    I have to lay them down in the rear and put the drivers + passenger seats a few clicks forwards to get mine and Squareflops in!

Wide bars + long bike + long forks = pita!

BTW, could someone confirm the campsite address and details? Can't seem to find it!

And did we decide what time to get to GT for?!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    postcode for twatnav is EH45 8NA

Full address is:
    Glentress Forest Lodges
    Linnburn Farm
    Eshiels, Peebles
    The Scottish Borders
    EH45 8NA
    United Kingdom

You can also use the postcode for the new Peel centre, which is right over the road.

Don't think it's been decided what time to meet. I think everyone is just getting there when they're getting there.

What's the score with getting set up then? Are people wanting to go get the tents up then go riding, or go riding first, meet up and all go over together to get set up?

If we're setting up first then going for a ride, first one on site needs to pick out a good spot big enough for us all, in an area where we're allowed a campfire.
  • thekickingmule
    This is the address at the bottom of the website:
    Linnburn Farm , Eshiels , Peebles , The Scottish Borders, EH45 8NA

And a map. Not sure how accurate that is in relation to the campsite, but if you're travelling from Cannock way, I imagine it's pretty close :D

EDIT: Posting this anyway as it took me a couple of minutes, regardless of that darn cat :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Hmm, I've just looked and it appears the Bikebus isn't running on Saturday, or is already fully booked. Either way, I'm shafted for getting down there from Edinburgh.

I'll get my thinking cap on.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    I need to get my Scotland head on I think! not even thought about this really as yet, will be seeing Ben tonight so should be in the zone from now on. If I order a SS stem today reckon I'll get it by Thursday? - prob not!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Pffff, my bag is already packed :lol:

(this has nothing to do with the fact the kids are off school and we've got the wifes annoying mate staying with us)
  • bails87
    BTW, I will be bringing some homemade flapjack,probably do a test batch tonight, and maybe some more tomorrow.

And I might share my missus's brownie with you.....
    MTB/CX

• thekickingmule
    I too am looking into making flapjacks :D
    I'm about to leave work for the last time before this holiday woo hoooooo!!! I'm so looking forward to the trip now, it's been a nightmare few days and some future prospects have been announced about my job, which isn't sounding good (not losing work, just not what I want) so this holiday will be awesomeness!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cat_with_no_tail
    bails87 wrote:
    BTW, I will be bringing some homemade flapjack,probably do a test batch tonight, and maybe some more tomorrow.

And I might share my missus's brownie with you.....

I'll be providing cake for you all to have a nibble.

I also have a bag of cherry tangfastic haribos to share round.

NOM!

Keith, we'll have to sort thursday out at some point too. Might give you a bell later if you're not up to much.
  • thekickingmule
    That should be fine with me. Either tonight or tomorrow, I'm off work all day tomorrow (woooo)

I too have some Haribo :D
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Richie63
    I now remember that expectant feeling You have as a kid before Christmas comes, waiting for Crudstock. :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Thhhhreeeeeeeeeeeeee daaaaaaaaaaayyyyssssss :D

I do hope tesco do a deal on monster energy and jelly babies before we set off :lol:

Just got the car ready, bought a tarpaulin from tesco so thats gone in... car is now a van lol.

Going for a gentle ride tomorrow to get rid of some cobwebs, after that it will be a case of turning the front room into a heathrow baggage terminal :D