Shittest town in the UK?

Comments

• Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    MattC59 wrote:
    Bracknell. Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

:D
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • redjeepǃ
    redjeepǃ Posts: 531
    The occupants of most of these places make you realise that the once common practice of transorbital labotomies should never have ceased.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I won't be rushing to Liverpool any time soon!!!!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... roves.html
    exercise.png
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    TheStone wrote:

I don't whether to laugh or cry. Still I won't have to look at them again, I've just gone blind. Result!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    TheStone wrote:

Astonishing !! Did the photograher go out of his way to find munters, or was Aintree ever run with them ?!?!!?!?

article-0-12904064000005DC-834_634x419.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Liverpool ladies are great, not half loking forward to saturday night after watching the footy and going round town - best laugh you can have when you meet them. If only Claire Balding would change her accent. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    Colnago Addict!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Is Dr Paisley aware that Northern Ireland is no longer part of the UK?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Fogliettaz
    Fogliettaz Posts: 180
    South Woodham Ferrers, 1970's planners gone mad!
    Basildon, with a leisure park called Bas Vegas need I say more
    and another 60's monstrosity, Harlow.
  • It's all very well slagging off Stoke and Rhyl, how about balancing this with another southern heck-hole: Havant, Hampshire?
    Awful - for those who know the place, I only need to say...Leigh Park.
    As said, I'm from Staffordshire and actually lived in Rhyl for a few years. They're not that bad. If you need to score, they are good places to be :wink:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Nickel wrote:
    As the South West is very underrepresented in this thread I would like to nominate Bridgwater, a true sh1thole of a town and indeed the worst town in the westcountry. For another crappy Somerset town look no further than Langport, not completely awful by any means but just a dump in which someone seems to have forgotten to build a town centre. I've got to say Plymouth is pretty bloody dire as well.

Isn't Bridgwater a small suburb of the Morrisons Distribution Centre? Yes, Plymouth must be up there as one of the South West's entrants with Camborne and Penzance fighting the corner for Cornwall.
  • Fogliettaz wrote:
    South Woodham Ferrers, 1970's planners gone mad!
    Basildon, with a leisure park called Bas Vegas need I say more
    and another 60's monstrosity, Harlow.

I had to spend a couple of Saturday afternoons in SWF last summer, was glad to get away unscathed.

Basildon I was shown from a car, that was enough.
  • Still on the balancing act...
    A buddy of mine from St Austell always reckoned Redruth was truly beyond belief awful. I, being a naive Midlander, thought that as it was in Cornwall it might be alright. I stayed with him for a while and we went there... my God. No words of his could prepare me. Will someone come to their rescue?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 867
    Corby, Luton, Huntingdon
  • outcastjack
    outcastjack Posts: 237
    Coventry simply for the ring road!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Coventry simply for the ring road!

Gave us The Specials, so it's exempt.
  • Coventry simply for the ring road!

Gave us The Specials, so it's exempt.

...and it's a city.
  • derall
    derall Posts: 2,836
    Aberdeen. Could be a wonderful city, if it weren't for the Aberdonians. As Bill Bryson described them, "the only people mean enough to pick a ha'penny from a dunghill with their teeth". I've lived in Glasgow, Wishaw, Romford, Milton Keynes and High Wycombe, and I'd go back to any of those before I'd go back to Aberdeen.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Still on the balancing act...
    A buddy of mine from St Austell always reckoned Redruth was truly beyond belief awful. I, being a naive Midlander, thought that as it was in Cornwall it might be alright. I stayed with him for a while and we went there... my God. No words of his could prepare me. Will someone come to their rescue?

Redruth has gone downhill over the years. It all started when Redruth Grammar school closed imho :wink: St Austell is hardly the jewel in Cornwall's crown though, is it?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    edited April 2012
    I feel the East of England is under-represented in this thread.

harlow essex

Rainham essex
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2012
    crawley sussex
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2012
    Borden hampshire

3 takeways and 2 tattoo parlour high street
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2012
    bridgewater somerset

real conversation
    excuse me, anywhere to get a cup of tea?
    this time of day! you'll be lucky

2pm
  • mididoctors
    Herne bay kent

faversham kent [highest rate of incest in the uk]

medway towns kent

dover kent

folkestone kent

ashford kent
  • mididoctors
    great torrington devon tourisim gone wrong
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    ashford kent

Trashford - where the River Stour holds the world's finest collection of shopping trolleys. :x :roll:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Merthyr.

Was it Sunnydale the name of the town in Buffy the Vampire Slayer that was some sort of portal to Hell? It's sort of like that.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Obviously the UK is full of sh1t towns, why do any of us choose to live here?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Obviously the UK is full of sh1t towns, why do any of us choose to live here?

For the nice bits. For me though, it is above all my family that keeps me in England.