Shittest town in the UK?

18910111214»

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    crispybug2 wrote:
    If I may be permitted to give this thread a slightly more continental theme

Came back from Limoges in France where my daughter lives and studies, which is a bit of a craphole in itself but only a bit!!

However, this trip I drove down there rather than fly and holy shite, what a hellhole Calais is!!
    The town itself is dying on it’s ars* and everyone’s given up on improving the place but then you approach the port and honestly, it reminded me of those high security American super jails!!!
    As bad as places are in this country there is nowhere in the UK that looks like that!

They may have a problem or two at Calais, so let’s cut them some slack.

Britain has places nigh on that without the problems they have.

Although I've never been there from what I've seen on film and TV Marseille looks like 'Hell Hole on Sea'.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Mr Goo wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:
    If I may be permitted to give this thread a slightly more continental theme

Came back from Limoges in France where my daughter lives and studies, which is a bit of a craphole in itself but only a bit!!

However, this trip I drove down there rather than fly and holy shite, what a hellhole Calais is!!
    The town itself is dying on it’s ars* and everyone’s given up on improving the place but then you approach the port and honestly, it reminded me of those high security American super jails!!!
    As bad as places are in this country there is nowhere in the UK that looks like that!

They may have a problem or two at Calais, so let’s cut them some slack.

Britain has places nigh on that without the problems they have.

Although I've never been there from what I've seen on film and TV Marseille looks like 'Hell Hole on Sea'.
    I’ve been once and our van got broken in to while we’re climbing just on the outskirts. Stole my cassettes and left my mates, I sort of took that as a compliment :lol:
  • Mr Goo is correct that Fareham is indeed a shittholle. Devoid of any interesting features but it does have two 'Spoons.
    The council's plan is to build a new town to the north of Fareham. In the plan it states that this new town should not compete with Fareham for amenities. Imagine what an utter shittholle the new town is going to be, and they haven't laid one brick yet!
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Barnsley, the best thing about the place is the road out of it.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Webboo wrote:
    .......Stole my cassettes.......

To be fair, Marseille has cleaned it's act up a lot over the last 10 years or so and is now quite a cool place if you don't stray too far from the main town. The use of the word 'cassette' probably says a lot about how long ago webboo visited - I had to Google it!

As for Calais, I rarely do anything but drive away from the place nowadays and it seems to get worse each time I see it in the rearview - a real shame as it used to be a nice place.

Has anybody been to the centre of Gloucester recently? Not sure that was ever a nice place.

Matthew - you're being a bit soft on Alsager. Gloucester looks like Las Vegas in comparison.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Cheltenham is pretty. Well, most of it but it's so clique, i'm surprised it hasn't actually disappeared up it's own 4rse.
    But if you cross the M5, a good night out in Gloucester can be had. People actually talk to you without first asking what you do and then if it isn't apparent, how much you earn.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!