Silly Commuter Weight Loss

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Ha snap but then ive been putting in a lot of miles the last few days, next years target is going to be hard to achieve unless i start off well.

Good luck all, new table coming shortly.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Going to cut all alcohol and everything sweet. No more pizzas and sadly no more trips to the curry house. Going to carry a gel in my back pocket to avoid the bonk... that should bring me where I want to be... :twisted:
    left the forum March 2023
  • itboffin
    Going to cut all alcohol and everything sweet. No more pizzas and sadly no more trips to the curry house. Going to carry a gel in my back pocket to avoid the bonk... that should bring me where I want to be... :twisted:

yup me too on the beer front, i dont eat sweets and we have no takeaways so thats not a problem, no beer is going to kill me and all those around me :evil:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    im not sure what my next target is, probably want to be consistently below 70kg.

and get faster. MUCH faster
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I'm joining in, will do the weigh in tonight. It's not going to be pretty I suspect.

Hoping to get back under 12 stone for the summer depending on what I weigh at the mo im expecting somewhere around 13 stone.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • 75.7... lost just over 1 Kg in 2 days... mostly water... as soon as I eat less, I start peeing like mad... there must be a lot of water retention with food, for some reason
  • itboffin
    Dont start losing weight now theres a couple of days left to stuff your faces.

Nom nom nom
  • 75.7... lost just over 1 Kg in 2 days... mostly water... as soon as I eat less, I start peeing like mad... there must be a lot of water retention with food, for some reason

1 part glycogen needs 4 parts water to store it. As you eat less, you use up your glycogen stores and the water comes flooding out.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    12st 13lb I was, circa 82kg. Working on a sensible weightloss of 1.5lb per week I'm aiming for 12st by 7th March, just in time for easter :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • itboffin
    Well it's that time again, i'm setting the bar high this year :shock:
    ................START........TARGET............NOW........SO FAR........TO GO
    itboffin.....173.8lbs........155lbs.......173.8lbs..........0lbs......18.8lbs

• spasypaddy
    spasy.........72.2kg..........67kg..........72.2kg.........0.0kg.......5.2kg

however im not that bothered about getting that low, just want to lose more bodyfat.
  • ................START........TARGET............NOW........SO FAR........TO GO
    Ugo..........77Kg.............69Kg.........75.8............1.2Kg.......6.8Kg

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    imatfaal.........78kg..........74kg..........77.8kg.........0.2kg.......3.8kg

But mainly I want to get faster rather than lighter. Main target is Thaxted and back solo in sub 3 hours
  • ................START........TARGET............NOW........SO FAR........TO GO
    imatfaal.........78kg..........74kg..........77.8kg.........0.2kg.......3.8kg
    whatleytom......83.6kg..........75kg..........83.6kg.........0.0kg.......8.6kg

But mainly I want to get faster rather than lighter. Main target is Thaxted and back solo in sub 3 hours

Started just after xmas at 87kg :shock: :shock:

Happy to get back down to just under 84kg to start the first week back at work having lost a load of water weight no doubt. Hoping to lost about 0.5kg a week to get into a better shape for racing this year.
    Blog on first season road racing http://www.twhatley.com/
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Is this forum open to anyone to join? And if so, how do I get on the list?
  • spasypaddy
    yes please do, just copy and paste it and add your details.

if anyone is after some protein/supplements then i recommend the protein works, especially as they have a huge sale on at the moment
    http://www.theproteinworks.com/

(if you do buy from them then please use my referral code to make up for the £150 i just spent there...) - DW2059
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Making it formal. Back to where I was in November, which isn't too bad considering my Xmas indulgences, and general lack of exercise over it!
    ..............START.........TARGET..........NOW..........SO FAR........TO GO.
    itboffin.....173.8lbs.......155lbs.........173.8lbs........0lbs.......18.8lbs
    spasy..........72.2kg.........67kg...........72.2kg.......0.0kg.........5.2kg
    Ugo..............77Kg.........69Kg...........75.8kg.......1.2Kg.........6.8Kg
    imatfaal.........78kg.........74kg...........77.8kg.......0.2kg.........3.8kg
    whatleytom.....83.6kg.........75kg...........83.6kg.......0.0kg.........8.6kg
    Wolfsbane2k.....127kg........113kg..........127.0kg.......0.0kg..........14kg

And that's why i m not bothered about carrying an extra 1kg or 2 of 'stuff' with me unlike my racing snake friends!
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • mrfpb
    Ok then, starting from 1st Jan 2016
    Mr FPB.........80.0kg........70.0kg.........80.0kg        0.0kg..........10kg

I was around 75 kg when I did the RideLondon last summer, then ran out of motivation when the big ride was done.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
        IP...........75.0kg..........69.0kg.........75.0kg........0.0kg..........6kg

• ..............START.........TARGET..........NOW..........SO FAR........TO GO.
        Ugo..............77Kg.........69Kg...........74.7kg.......2.3Kg..........5.7Kg

A frugal diet of beans, porridge and baked potatoes is doing miracles ATM... :D

Yours, in hunger... :(
  • wolfsbane2k
    I was around 75 kg when I did the RideLondon last summer, then ran out of motivation when the big ride was done.

I know that feeling. I managed to loose 17 kg while training for the L2B and the South Downs Way over the space of 6 months a few years ago, but without the event the motivation disappeared out the window.

Currently looking for another event this year, thinking a night time L2B might not be bad shout - I'm not interested in the BHF one this year, too busy, and I've done it twice already.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402

I know that feeling. I managed to loose 17 kg while training for the L2B and the South Downs Way over the space of 6 months a few years ago, but without the event the motivation disappeared out the window.

Currently looking for another event this year, thinking a night time L2B might not be bad shout - I'm not interested in the BHF one this year, too busy, and I've done it twice already.

You don’t need to sign up for a charidee ride you can just do it yourself: a couple years ago whilst training for the London to Paris 24 a few of us met at Tooting Bec tube on a Friday night and road down to Brighton and back again, one of the nicest training rides I’ve ever done. Although we did get some funny looks when we arrived in Brighton at about 1 in the morning. I’d also recommend going via Surrey Hills – Horsham – Devils Dyke as the route is much nicer than the traditional one which goes over Ditchling Beacon.

If you do it in the summer you’d be surprised at how early it starts to get light 3/4 a.m.
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.
  • mrfpb

I did the L2B moonride two years ago and enjoyed it. It was pricey, but the catering was good.
    They are doing it as a one or two leg event this year, there and back, so a choice of 100 or 200km. Also doing a trans-penine event if you like hills.

http://www.actionchallenge.com/activities/cycling/road-biking/challenge-cancer
  • mrfpb
    Actually, scratch the above, they seem to have moved the rides to daytime for some reason.
  • wolfsbane2k

You don’t need to sign up for a charidee ride you can just do it yourself: a couple years ago whilst training for the London to Paris 24 a few of us met at Tooting Bec tube on a Friday night and road down to Brighton and back again, one of the nicest training rides I’ve ever done. Although we did get some funny looks when we arrived in Brighton at about 1 in the morning. I’d also recommend going via Surrey Hills – Horsham – Devils Dyke as the route is much nicer than the traditional one which goes over Ditchling Beacon.

If you do it in the summer you’d be surprised at how early it starts to get light 3/4 a.m.

I know you can do it yourself, but if its my mates and I they will always bottle out,change days etc so you end up by yourself, which isn't as much fun. So a charity means other people will always be with you.
    I did the SDw by myself over 3 days, just enjoyed the scenery, stopped when i wanted etc, as it was a photo shoot type trip as well, especially as i just don't get on with climbs!

Thanks for the recommendation for devils dyke, good idea. I used to live around Brighton area as a young boy, loved that hill with a kite!
  • itboffin
    my advice pick an event something new something challenging, perhaps something just outside of your current ability, nothing motivates like the chance of failure.
    ................START.......TARGET..............NOW.......SO FAR.......TO GO
    itboffin.....173.8lbs.......155lbs.........169.3lbs.......4.5lbs.....14.3lbs
    Ugo..............77Kg.........69Kg...........74.7kg.......2.3Kg..........5.7Kg

• wolfsbane2k
    my advice pick an event something new something challenging, perhaps something just outside of your current ability, nothing motivates like the chance of failure.

Aye, I've been looking around, but not chosen yet, however my current ability feels just about my commute, maybe a mile or two longer. (2 x v. young kids, so time to do anything hobbyish is very hard to come by, including extending my commute. )

I'm considering the Wiggle New Forest Spring Sport Sportive in April at 68 miles, having done the MTB Falling leaves version before and liked the support etc through it, and generally love the new forest, so that would be an intermediate goal post at least!
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    ................START.......TARGET..............NOW.......SO FAR.......TO GO
    itboffin.....173.8lbs.......155lbs.........169.3lbs.......4.5lbs......14.3lbs
    Ugo..............77Kg.........69Kg...........74.7kg.......2.3Kg.........5.7Kg
    Mr FPB.........80.0kg.......70.0kg...........80.0kg.......0.0kg..........10kg
    IP.............75.0kg.......69.0kg...........75.0kg.......0.0kg...........6kg
    JZed..........111.0kg.......95.0kg..........111.0kg.......0.0kg..........16kg

4 months off the bike means a bloated start point
  • my advice pick an event something new something challenging, perhaps something just outside of your current ability, nothing motivates like the chance of failure.

Totally agree... if you've done it before, you know you can do it and the motivation goes down the drain
  • itboffin

Aye, I've been looking around, but not chosen yet, however my current ability feels just about my commute, maybe a mile or two longer. (2 x v. young kids, so time to do anything hobbyish is very hard to come by, including extending my commute. )

I'm considering the Wiggle New Forest Spring Sport Sportive in April at 68 miles, having done the MTB Falling leaves version before and liked the support etc through it, and generally love the new forest, so that would be an intermediate goal post at least!

yeah it can be tough with little ones but why not try and include the family, there's some great off season deals in Mallorca i took my family last year and the year before, hired a bike out there which worked out cheaper and easier than a bike box on the plane + family. I rode early every morning back in time for late breakfast and the rest of the day with the family.

Nearer to home if you fancy a lesser know real challenge I can recommend the tour of the black mountains in Wales, damn near killed me doing the full 125 mile distance, great ride excellent support and wasn't busy.