Silly Commuter Weight Loss

1838485868789»

Comments

• wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Well... blast. Umm.
    whistles off, staring into the distance.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Any life in here?

(I'm going to go sulk even more after just getting on the scales for the first time in a year)
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329

Any life in here?

There's life but not as you know it.

(I'm going to go sulk even more after just getting on the scales for the first time in a year)

Well don't get on the scales then.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    edited March 2023
    I'm about 7kg over where I could easily be.

Struggling with motivation (in the main) at the beginning of this year, had some good and enjoyable rides outside, but a challenge to find the drive to train currently - going to take it easy for a bit, and I'm hoping that will come back.

I do have a 'new' bike that should be ready by early April, so that should bring something - plus hoping the weather will improve hugely.

The by product of that reduction in activity is that the kg come piling on :(

Notice on the page before that Ugo has left the forum which seems a tad odd, I didn't see any reason for it. I was looking forward to reading about how his ride leading experience went abroad - Tenerife or Majorca it possibly was?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    edited March 2023
    I'm at least that same ~7Kg heavier than I was back last September, making me ~87Kg (really struggled to get under 80Kg in '22), which isn't good with the double-whammy of my power numbers plumetting through the floor thanks to long Covid.

If I get the stamina back to do a ~20+ mile ride to the closest Strava cat4 climb in Bishops Waltham (Beeches Hill) and back, hill climbing is going to be very slow and steady this year... Last year I surprisingly got a handful of top 10s for '22 up those little South Downs hills. :'(
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno
    Luckily I don't put on much weight when i'm not cycling as much.
    I'm steady at 64.5kg's. Don't want to loose anymore and must up the intake over the summer as the miles increase. This years target: an imperial ton and a PB on a local, short and hilly route that I set in 2009. That would turn the clock back.
    I embarked on an intense 6-8 weeks core stability block but week 3 of it and my back said 'no, sorry'. However, I am well up on last years total by this time already.
    So a different plan which will be continual core stability at a lower level all year round.

We shall see. Cannot wait for better weather and the summer bike...
  • parmos
    parmos Posts: 100
    i roll around 102/103 these days a few pages back i was around 108kg
  • pinno
    parmos said:

i roll around 102/103 these days a few pages back i was around 108kg

You probably roll better than me. I get blown around a bit.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    No comment
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5