Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JZed wrote:
    ITB - leaving in 10.

i'm out, still in a meeting :(
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Enjoyed that. Good to have a drink. I had a pint of Village Idiot, seemed appropriate. Sorry I had to dash off. Hope to do it again soon.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Enjoyed that. Good to have a drink. I had a pint of Village Idiot, seemed appropriate. Sorry I had to dash off. Hope to do it again soon.

Good to meet you Veronese68 and thanks for the beer. My round next time.
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    if the weather holds, gonna pop down to the park for a lap or two later!
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I'll be at Roehampton Gate for 6:30 but will be doing 2 slower laps with a mate who's just getting into cycling. If anyone wants to join us, come find me there. Will be on the white'n'black Fuji with red Castelli 3/4s (it was cold this morning!) and a black and white Foska top.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • jzed
    Should be around the same time. If its like last night I'll be in a canoe. Pace will depend on how hard the ride to the park is.
  • richVSrich
    feck it... i am hacked off...the weather was meant to be nice! and my rear brake is playing up so i didnt want to push it...gonna have to see what i can do...sigh...
  • jzed
    Decent lap of the park tonight. Struggled up the main kick of Sawyers and up Dark Hill, couple of hold ups, but was able to get the power back on pretty quickly and up to pace. Result was a solo PB of 18.15. Kind of wish I'd pushed harder as was only giving it around 85-90%. Even did a Schleck down Broomfield.

Kept an eye out for Wrath Rob but no sighting.
  • Wrath Rob
    I was there, got to the park at about 18:35 and did 2 easy laps with my mate. First was 23:03 and the 2nd was 22:30. Good benchmark for him but with JZed closing in on my 18:02 PB I think I'm going to have to up my game on Thursday and do a couple of hard ones, fnar.
  • itboffin
    Park smark, 3hrs 15mins on 4 trains to get home - that farking nails :evil:

AGAIN FFS!!!!!!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:

AGAIN FFS!!!!!!

What are these trains you talk of? You chain-ganging home? That is nails.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

AGAIN FFS!!!!!!

What are these trains you talk of? You chain-ganging home? That is nails.

I will HUNT you down and mock your future generations - young man :twisted:
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    JZed wrote:
    Even did a Schleck down Broomfield.

What, whinged that it was to dangerous.....? :wink:
  • jzed
    Gussio wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Yeah I thought that people wouldn't be interested with me hammering down Broomfield, so given the conditions and thinking of my family I descended with caution. Someone needs to tell the RP lap committee to flatten that descent out.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    itboffin wrote:

AGAIN FFS!!!!!!

Can't remember where you get the train to but it's either the Reading Line out of Waterloo or the Basingstoke Line. For the former Richmond Station for the later Surbiton would be a good call which is only about 3 miles from Kingston Gate then it's only one maybe 2 trains.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JZed wrote:
    Gussio wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Yeah I thought that people wouldn't be interested with me hammering down Broomfield, so given the conditions and thinking of my family I descended with caution. Someone needs to tell the RP lap committee to flatten that descent out.
    Quite right, too. Then it would be #trueracing
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jzed
    JonGinge wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    Gussio wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Quite right, too. Then it would be #trueracing

JG - I now have the perfect excuse for when I'm only halfway up Dark Hill and you faster chaps are halfway down Broomfield.
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    JZed wrote:
    Should be around the same time. If its like last night I'll be in a canoe. Pace will depend on how hard the ride to the park is.

A canoe could have been handy when I was there. I really struggled to find the motivation to push hard in the conditions and all the corners and descents were dicey to say the least. Not fun, so chapeau on the lap time JZed.
  • jzed
    Weather is looking good so planning a lap or two and maybe post-lap beer at Roebuck. Should be hitting park around 6.30-6.45.
  • sketchley
    May hit the park myself this evening! Unless it rains...
    --
    Chris

• jzed
    Sketchley wrote:
    May hit the park myself this evening! Unless it rains...

Commitment Schleckly, no excuses.
  • Wrath Rob
    Not tonight but will definitely be there tomorrow for 2 laps min.
  • jzed
    Did a couple of laps with a mate from work. Got wet again!!!
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Just to get an idea - what sort of lap times are you lot doing? I'd be up for a spin one evening but only just started riding there and never been round much faster than about 21 min 30 secs.
  • jzed
    Chadders81 wrote:
    Just to get an idea - what sort of lap times are you lot doing? I'd be up for a spin one evening but only just started riding there and never been round much faster than about 21 min 30 secs.

Tonight did a couple of laps with a mate around 21/22 minutes. Anything from there down to 18/19 minutes.
  • Wrath Rob
    I'll be there tomorrow with a part-time Kingston Wheeler and possibly another mate. The former is a cat 3 racer so that could be an interesting 2 laps. Not sure what the lap times will be but I suspect closer to 18 than 20. Once again, the more the merrier.
  • jzed
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    I'll be there tomorrow with a part-time Kingston Wheeler and possibly another mate. The former is a cat 3 racer so that could be an interesting 2 laps. Not sure what the lap times will be but I suspect closer to 18 than 20. Once again, the more the merrier.

My legs probably aren't up to it - should rest them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I think I lap in about 22 minutes. Can't get out tonight as it's the EPO's last day of work so I have to tag along to her leaving do and pick her up.
  • sketchley
    Went home vie the park last night, couldn't b e bothered with a lap though. Tonight probably the same but I do want to get home and watch the tdf highlights. Big stage today.
    --
    Chris

• richVSrich
    i was there last night...did one lap clockwise and one anti..it started drizzling just as i was leaving and i was freezing by the time i got home and so hungry!

think my clockwise was 24 and anti was 23 mins