Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Not me. Couldn't make it. Was on daddy duty.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • martinc
    martinc Posts: 422
    I was there too - 5-6pm. Did a 3 lapper. First in about 4 years I think. Not great due to getting stuck behind a 20mph police car down Broomfield on first lap. And feck it was windy. Anyhoo:

Martinc...no aero bars...Anti.........90kg........62.48.....May.....Road bike - (Ridiculously colour-coordinated white and red Trek bike and matching outfit to be precise)

Trying to find the thread for it now.
    Always in stealth mode
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Did one measly ac lap some time between about 6.45 and 7 as I had to peel off to Hammersmith to row. Had to come to a standstill down past Pembroke Lodge car park as a couple of deer decided to run across the road - first time I've had that happen to me. Didn't see anyone from the forums about sadly. Was wearing a light-blue Planet X long sleeve on a blue Saracen road bike.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    2 other Wheelers and I did 2 laps from about 7. First lap was sub-20 but not checked the time yet. Second was an 18:40. Unfortunately the we were into the wind going up Sawyers Hill and I was on the front both times. Duh. My legs felt pretty bad up there in lap 2 but the hill coming from Kingston to Robin Hood gate pretty much killed me the 2nd time. Brian decided to sprint up the hill and Chris and I were left trailing in his wake. Still, what doesn't kill you and all that...
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    2 other Wheelers and I did 2 laps from about 7. First lap was sub-20 but not checked the time yet. Second was an 18:40. Unfortunately the we were into the wind going up Sawyers Hill and I was on the front both times. Duh. My legs felt pretty bad up there in lap 2 but the hill coming from Kingston to Robin Hood gate pretty much killed me the 2nd time. Brian decided to sprint up the hill and Chris and I were left trailing in his wake. Still, what doesn't kill you and all that...

Just the one lap for me in around 19. Painful

Roehampton to Robin Hood - headwind.
    Robin Hood to Kingston gate - headwind
    Kingston gate to ham - headwind
    Ham to Richmond hill - headwind/crosswind
    Sawyers - crosswind.

At no point did it seem that I got any benefit of any tailwind :?
  • mrobbie
    mrobbie Posts: 64
    did 1.5 laps on Wednesday night... first time I have been to Richmond Park. Really enjoyed it. There was a group of 8 of us, first lap was 23 mins, anti-clockwise. might try and fit in 2 evenings a week there as a detour on the way home as it was really enjoyable.
    Quite addicted to cycling now....
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    richVSrich wrote:
    i was there today!

going round clockwise at just after 6...black boardman hybrid wearing red sleeveless top anyone see me? :)

Think i may have, do you have a beard/tache? I did one lap at about 6.15ish - black wilier with a black cap on.
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    I did three laps from about 615. On my first lap I was so irritated by a patronising italian who asked if I'd be alright going up dark hill and did I need a push that I went for it and managed my best time ever of 23 mins. The next two laps were considerably worse as I got hacked off with the wind, tired and hungry.

I think I may have seen you Rob - did one of the wheelers have a fluoro cast on his wrist?

And someone on a blue bike with black kit came past me and said hello - I said hello back - not sure who that was? But thank you anyway. Nice to have a friendly howdy.
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    Sewinman wrote:
    richVSrich wrote:
    i was there today!

going round clockwise at just after 6...black boardman hybrid wearing red sleeveless top anyone see me? :)

Think i may have, do you have a beard/tache? I did one lap at about 6.15ish - black wilier with a black cap on.

Hehehe, yeah i do have some face fuzz - probably not very aerodynamic right? :)

were you going clockwise?
  • Sewinman
    richVSrich wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    richVSrich wrote:
    i was there today!

Yes, went past you near dark hill.
  • Someone's been a silly tit:

http://road.cc/content/news/35796-lcc-f ... ll-joke-he

LCC finds driver tweeting about knocking over Richmond Park cyclists - all a joke, he claims
  • richVSrich
    Sewinman wrote:
    richVSrich wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    richVSrich wrote:
    i was there today!

i crawl up dark hill! any idea what gradient that is?
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    richVSrich wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    richVSrich wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    richVSrich wrote:
    i was there today!

i crawl up dark hill! any idea what gradient that is?

Peaks at about 8%, but not for long, it's only 97 feet.
  • Sewinman
    I managed 3 laps on saturday. One interesting thing of note was that I saw what looked lile a pro team car leaving the car park, with a rider in the back. The livery was of a pasta company and the bike on the roof was a brand I had never heard of, with a long complicated name. I wish I had been there a bit earlier to see what pace the rider had...should think he scalped everyone in the park!
  • Sewinman
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Someone's been a silly tit:

LCC finds driver tweeting about knocking over Richmond Park cyclists - all a joke, he claims

:shock: What a prat.

I was there last Wednesday at about 7pm lapping clockwise, didn't see anything. JZed was lapping AC he didn't mention anything. Anyone see anything?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Sketchley wrote:
    Someone's been a silly tit:

:shock: What a prat.

I was there last Wednesday at about 7pm lapping clockwise, didn't see anything. JZed was lapping AC he didn't mention anything. Anyone see anything?

Nah didn't see anything, other than the police out with radar gun.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Couple of laps with JG and JZ's mate, Andy. Bit windy in there tonight, but not much traffic to hold us up.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • richVSrich
    gonna try and put a lap in tonight! hopefully it wont be as windy as yesterday...but otherwise i'll just treat it as training :)

black boardman hybrid - wearing all red...say hi! :) probably going anticlockwise from just after 6
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Me too, should be there about 6:15-30, going anticlockwise. Planet X jersey, Castelli shorts, Red Planet X.

Did 60 miles up, down, and around Bath and the Mendips on Saturday. Looking forward to the relative flatness of the park!
  • richVSrich
    might see you! though you'll probably be far off in the distance! :P
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    I'll be doing anti-clockwise laps this evening from about 6.30. Anyone else going to be there?
  • Wrath Rob
    Yup. will be there at about 7, Roehampton Gate. Might have some others joining, might not. Will be in Kingston Wheelers kit with a hi-viz rucksack on a white Fuji. Planning to go ACW too, so we'll have to time the laps right if you want to be able to hook up for a lap or 2
  • Wrath Rob
    Was out there, 1 lap with JZed which was 18:01 and then a second by myself at 19:01. If I'd have noticed how close we were to breaking 18 mins I'd have got a wiggle on for the last 200m! 2nd lap was impaired by minor cramps in my calves going up Sawyers hill so wound it back a little for the rest of the lap. I wasn't going to get another fast lap out of my legs in that state so I called it a day and headed home.

Paying the price for the 1st lap this morning...
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    18:01. Kudos.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I need to move to SW London at last.
    Richmond then back to Charlton to meet friends by 8pm isn't happening :(
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I've lived in Kingston, within spitting distance of the park for over 15 years and did my first road lap last night. I've done countless laps of the path on my mountain bike. I've had a Kona Jake for commuting on for 2 years now and keep meaning to do a lap. Finally managed a lap last night as the wife and kids were out when I got home. I was utterly knackered, but enjoyed it. Must do it again. There were a couple of people chatting by Roehampton Gate at about 6.30, in darkish clothes. Was that anyone from here? Didn't stop due to time limits.
    Must make more time and have a drink at The Roebuck as well.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Lap tonight anyone? Maybe a beer in Roebuck, or the The Albert (outside Kingston Gate). afterwards?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    May be up for one but would have to be quite early (6pm or so) as I have to be in Hammersmith at 6.30pm
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"