Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I'll be in RP tonight. Planning to do 3 Anticlockwise laps. Probably getting there for 6:30 ish.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    notsoblue wrote:
    I'll be in RP tonight. Planning to do 3 Anticlockwise laps. Probably getting there for 6:30 ish.

7.30 at the Roebuck then?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Sketchley wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

7.30 at the Roebuck then?

I'll try and get there for a beer.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Hoping to be there tomorrow night. Depends if I have to bring work home.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Got dragged into doing some interviews so couldnt make it. Roll on Thursday...
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • sketchley
    Met NSB in park last night. Cheers for sticking with me round the park. New PB 22:15. Would have been quicker if I didn't get stuck behind car down Bloomfield. Can definitely get sub 22. Try again tonight if it's not raining.
    --
    Chris

• jzed
    Police were sat at the botton of Sawyers with radar gun. Glad I was going the opposite direction.

Sketchley - didn't have time to make it to the pub - by time done 2 laps it was gone 8 so had to head on home.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Sketchley wrote:
    Met NSB in park last night. Cheers for sticking with me round the park. New PB 22:15. Would have been quicker if I didn't get stuck behind car down Bloomfield. Can definitely get sub 22. Try again tonight if it's not raining.
    Ooh, that's thirty seconds right there if you're behind all the way to Robin Hood. Good work, Chris. Slowly but surely moving towards breaking the 20min barrier :D
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    Ooh, that's thirty seconds right there if you're behind all the way to Robin Hood. Good work, Chris. Slowly but surely moving towards breaking the 20min barrier :D

Stuck behind car? Do not compute - overtake man! Think I may have passed you at the bottom of Broomfield last week, hybrid / red rugby shirt?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:

And on a hybrid too, thats a good effort, imo.
  • sketchley
    BigMat wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:

Stuck behind car? Do not compute - overtake man! Think I may have passed you at the bottom of Broomfield last week, hybrid / red rugby shirt?

Hybrid yes, red shirt yes, but not a rugby one. Either a Northwave long sleeve one as per Cycling Plus photo or a short sleeve red and white Pearl Izumi one.

As for being stuck, cars coming up other way stopped the over take. grrrhhhhhh
    --
    Chris

• sketchley
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:

Those 30secs gets me to 21:45 (we will see tonight) how much would I shave off with a proper bike?
    --
    Chris

• jzed
    Sketchley wrote:
    Those 30secs gets me to 21:45 (we will see tonight) how much would I shave off with a proper bike?

Your bike is around 10-11kilos (per Evans). Assume you have 28c's.

Planet X road bike will be 7-8 kilos with 23c's.

Doesn't seem a massive amount in it. Maybe 1-2 minutes.

You know the best way to find out :wink:
  • Wrath Rob
    I'll be out for a lap or 3 tomorrow for those tagging along
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    I'll be doing laps in RP tonight - not sure if I'll recognise you all, or if I did, whether I'd actually be able to keep up, but I'm the girl on the black and white orbea. There can't be many of those. So do say hi as you come past.

Oh and a quick plea to fast boys while I'm here - if you're going to overtake, it'd be nice if you left more than 6 inches between your shoulder and mine. It freaks me out.
  • jonginge
    I'll be doing laps in RP tonight - not sure if I'll recognise you all, or if I did, whether I'd actually be able to keep up, but I'm the girl on the black and white orbea. There can't be many of those. So do say hi as you come past.

Oh and a quick plea to fast boys while I'm here - if you're going to overtake, it'd be nice if you left more than 6 inches between your shoulder and mine. It freaks me out.
    I thought it was red. Or have you gone and bought another one?
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • londonlivvy
    JonGinge wrote:

Umn.. *blushes* I now have two orbeas. Red and black Orbea Orca for weekends. White and black Orbea Aqua for training and commuting.
  • lardboy
    lardboy Posts: 343
    I might take a trip out on the CdF tonight, along with my mudguards, panniers and lock. Those anchors should slow me down enough for all of you to pass me on the way round.

Say hello as you go by!
    Bike/Train commuter: Brompton S2L - "Machete"
    12mile each way commuter: '11 Boardman CX with guards and rack
    For fun: '11 Wilier La Triestina
    SS: '07 Kona Smoke with yellow bits
  • jonginge
    JonGinge wrote:

Umn.. *blushes* I now have two orbeas. Red and black Orbea Orca for weekends. White and black Orbea Aqua for training and commuting.
    :lol: Love it. That's excellent work.
    *chanting*N+1, N+1...*chanting*
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134

You wouldn't get the benefit of the draft if we did that! :lol:

Sadly I'm playing football tonight so no cycling for me, already starting to panic about rapidly diminishing time for Marmotte training. :(
  • londonlivvy
    JonGinge wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

:lol: Love it. That's excellent work.
    *chanting*N+1, N+1...*chanting*

Well not really N+1 as I sold two other bikes, so now I only have two bikes. But as the boyf has four, our flat is kinda full of bikes.
  • cjcp
    BigMat wrote:

You wouldn't get the benefit of the draft if we did that! :lol:

Sadly I'm playing football tonight so no cycling for me, already starting to panic about rapidly diminishing time for Marmotte training. :(

You, sir, have absolutely nothing to worry about!
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Am hoping to be there tonight from 7pm onwards. Can't decide whether to take nice bike or commuter or what kit to wear.

Not very helpful, that, is it?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    JonGinge wrote:

Much like shoes, a girl can never have too many Orbeas...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    cjcp wrote:
    Am hoping to be there tonight from 7pm onwards. Can't decide whether to take nice bike or commuter or what kit to wear.

You make it sound like you're nervously planning a date...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Wrath Rob
    Roehampton gate for 7pm. I'll be in Kingston Wheelers kit on the Boardman. How's that for decisiveness?
  • cjcp
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

It's between the wheels that go "whirrrrrrr" or the drivetrain that goes "grrrrrrrrrrr".

And I can't decide on whether to wear a cap, either.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    cjcp wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

It's between the wheels that go "whirrrrrrr" or the drivetrain that goes "grrrrrrrrrrr".

Do you have a cap that goes 'whirrrrrrrr'? If so, I'd definitely wear that one.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • cjcp
    Asprilla wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Do you have a cap that goes 'whirrrrrrrr'? If so, I'd definitely wear that one.

I do, but the colour clashes with the wheels. Can't have that. It just looks wrong.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    i was there today!

going round clockwise at just after 6...black boardman hybrid wearing red sleeveless top anyone see me? :)