Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    interesting... there is potential for lappage today *ponders*
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Can't do it tonight, beer last night so opted to burn fossil fuels. Mind you, I might get close to a 13 minute lap on that.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Resurrecting evening laps of the park if anyones interested. Seemed quite in there last night. Still held up by a couple of cars.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I'm up for a few laps Weds and Thursday.
  • jzed
    Going to head for a lap tonight and then probably Thursday.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Might be up for a quick single lap tonight. What time were you thinking?
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    What time do you guys hit the park thursday? I'll be going anti about 6ish on the road bike.
  • jzed
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Might be up for a quick single lap tonight. What time were you thinking?

6.30?
  • jzed
    What time do you guys hit the park thursday? I'll be going anti about 6ish on the road bike.

Usually any time from around 6.20 to 7 depending on work, when people are getting there
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Talking of the park has anyone done the figure of eight? crossing over at the school?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    Talking of the park has anyone done the figure of eight? crossing over at the school?

School - what school? It took me over a year to realise it had a burger van in the middle. I try and avoid the middle of the park - feels dirty avoiding Sawyers or Broomfield.
  • veronese68
    Figure of 8 would still take them in. Ride to the top of Ham gate and turn left if going anti. PAss the ballet school down to Sheen gate and turn right. Half a lap clockwise then turn right at Ham Gate, through to Sheen again and turn left this time.
    Does that make sense?
    I might fancy a lap on Thursday. Pint in The Roebuck as well?
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    itboffin, occasionally but the middle stretch usually has lots of peds/joggers/kids/dogs/deer on it and isn't really suitable for going flat out on.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

School - what school? It took me over a year to realise it had a burger van in the middle. I try and avoid the middle of the park - feels dirty avoiding Sawyers or Broomfield.

:lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Figure of 8 would still take them in. Ride to the top of Ham gate and turn left if going anti. PAss the ballet school down to Sheen gate and turn right. Half a lap clockwise then turn right at Ham Gate, through to Sheen again and turn left this time.
    Does that make sense?
    I might fancy a lap on Thursday. Pint in The Roebuck as well?

Sort of get it but think I'll stick to the outside. ITB mentioned pintage after lappage on Thursday.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    the burger van doesn't exist until I see/visit it...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    JZed wrote:
    Resurrecting evening laps of the park if anyones interested. Seemed quite in there last night. Still held up by a couple of cars.

It was very quiet!

Was lovely.
  • Wrath Rob
    Cool. See you there, Roehampton gate
  • jzed
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Cool. See you there, Roehampton gate

Rob, sorry just picked this up, ended up leaving work at 5.30 so was at the park just after 6. Did a clockwise lap into the wind but blew up on Broomfield. Hope you didn't hang round for me.
  • Wrath Rob
    Got to the park at 6:30, waited for 10 mins and then did a ACW lap. The wind into my face from Robin Hood gate to Roehampton was a killer! Killed the lap, I think I just ducked under 19 mins but it wasn't pretty
  • itboffin
    What time is the peloton setting off?
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:

Am reckoning 5.30, at the park at 6.10, 18 minute lap, plus 2 back up Sawyers means at the Roebuck for 6.30 thereby maximising drinking time.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Am reckoning 5.30, at the park at 6.10, 18 minute lap, plus 2 back up Sawyers means at the Roebuck for 6.30 thereby maximising drinking time.

Or we could ride straight to the roebuck thereby optimizing our maximum drinking time ;-)
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Or we could ride straight to the roebuck thereby optimizing our maximum drinking time ;-)

I which case may as well go straight to Morpeth and start at 5.45.
  • itboffin
    What's that you say ...? SCR pub crawl!?!
  • veronese68
    I'll get to the park from the Kingston sideshortly before 6, do a lap and a half and can get to The Roebuck by 6:30. If you stop at The Morpeth I suspect leaving may prove difficult. Be nice to meet you if you make it. How will I recognise you? Lycra carnation?
  • jzed
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'll get to the park from the Kingston sideshortly before 6, do a lap and a half and can get to The Roebuck by 6:30. If you stop at The Morpeth I suspect leaving may prove difficult. Be nice to meet you if you make it. How will I recognise you? Lycra carnation?

Will be straight to the park for me - should get to Roehampton gate around 6.15-6.20. Reckon Roebuck is more likely to be 6.45. Combination of Carbon and Lycra.
  • veronese68
    OK, see you there. Big red Kona Jake with rack and guards, maybe pannier. You'll probably pass me panting round the park.
  • jzed
    ITB - leaving in 10.