Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

Wrath Rob
Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
edited August 2014 in Commuting chat
With the lighter evenings upon us (and this week the great weather too) I've decided to start taking a few more detours to Richmond Park for a lap or 2 on the way home. Anyone fancy coming along for a spin on Thursday?

I'll be aiming to leave the City at about 6:15, to get to the park before 7. Can either meet in the City or at the Park.
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Possibly. May be WFH tomorrow.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I'd be up for that. Can meet en route to the park? Would give me an incentive to fix the embarrassing noises that my front wheel makes...
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Great idea, cant make it though unfortunately... :cry:
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Up for this too. Can meet anywhere between Canary Wharf and the park :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    I'll join you. May just meet you at the park as last time rode Peleton down Embankment it was a little hairy with people wanting to have a go.....
  • Wrath Rob
    If anyone wants to meet in the City let me know, easiest place will be the pedestrianised area, between Queen St and Queen Victoria St, we can meet just by the barrier and then head down to Embankment.

Otherwise meet at the cafe next to the golf course by Roehampton Gate just before 7.

I'll be on the black Boardman, white and red helmet, probably in my Kingston Wheelers top judging by the weather forecast
  • jzed
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    ...in my Kingston Wheelers top...

Good luck with that - the whole world hits the road and tries to remove my scalp everytime I dare to wear mine....suddenly all those nodders use their MTFU reserves and go all out for the scalp...

....ah feck it - I'll wear mine too*.

*heads off to carb load with the expectation of a ride and a half in
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I'm out. Have succumbed to the lurgi, so need to rest. Grrr.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I may stop by and say hi.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jzed
    Beer at the Roebuck afterwards?
  • sketchley
    Tempted
    --
    Chris

• Wrath Rob
    Possibly. Depdends on what time we finish
  • Wrath Rob
    cjcp wrote:
    I'm out. Have succumbed to the lurgi, so need to rest. Grrr.
    If you shaved the fungal growth off of your face you'd probably get less lurgis :wink:
  • Wrath Rob
    Looks like I'll be getting out of here on time, anyone want to meet on the way down or are we just hooking up ast the cafe? I'm happy to avoid the blast down if its just me :P
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I'm out I'm afraid, got post work drinks I need to show my face at. Will be hitting Embankment a bit later this evening. Next time!
  • jzed
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Looks like I'll be getting out of here on time, anyone want to meet on the way down or are we just hooking up ast the cafe? I'm happy to avoid the blast down if its just me :P

I'm still in - I'll aim to pass the start of the blackfriars around 6.10-6.15 so may bump into you - if not see you at 7
  • jzed
    notsoblue wrote:
    I'm out I'm afraid, got post work drinks I need to show my face at. Will be hitting Embankment a bit later this evening. Next time!

:roll: Excuses excuses
  • sketchley
    I'll be out of here (old street) in around 20 mins or so which mean Embankment ramp 5 or so mins later.

Feel free to catch me up on Ebankment somewhere and say hi. If not see you at Cafe @ 7pm.
    --
    Chris

• keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    May bump into you guys en-route or at the cafe, tho may bail given I'm still not feeling too great.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • sketchley
    Enjoyed that a lot. Let's do that more often e.g. every thursday.

My Lap time was 22:57

Happy with that!
    --
    Chris

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Ghey :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I did a couple of laps yesterday after riding down from Barnet (fixed) via a very roundabout route.
    I deliberately didn't time myself.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • metalmonkey
    metalmonkey Posts: 144
    I live close by to the park, I normally enter at Richmond gate at the moment let me know if you intend to go again if I'm free I'll come by for a ride though I never until the actual day what I'm doing ect...I hope to be out in the park over the w/end.
  • Wrath Rob
    Sketchley, thats great, especially as you were saying your last timed effort was a 26.

First lap was 19:00, second was 20:08. Next time I won't be waiting for JZed at the top of the climb either! My legs are certainly feeling that now, though the challenge of not having a small ring (fnar) hopefully will help the fitness.

Next time, and there will be a next time, I'll be up for meeting at the pub afterwards so if we get split up we all know where to regroup.
  • jzed
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Sketchley, thats great, especially as you were saying your last timed effort was a 26.

First lap was 19:00, second was 20:08. Next time I won't be waiting for JZed at the top of the climb either! My legs are certainly feeling that now, though the challenge of not having a small ring (fnar) hopefully will help the fitness.

Next time, and there will be a next time, I'll be up for meeting at the pub afterwards so if we get split up we all know where to regroup.

Wrath Rob - big apologies - - I thought I'd said on the Sawyers climb I'm rubbish on hills so don't wait and I'll try and catch back up. You shot up Dark Hill and thought you were with me when we passed the chap before Broomfield - my weight helps down hill so I was away. Was struggling on the way back to Roehampton.
  • Wrath Rob
    No worries, I'll know for next time :twisted: I was chasing you pretty hard from Robin Hood to Roehampton but wasn't making any inroads at all. Then I noticed I was towing a German couple too! Got a tow from them on my 2nd lap after Broomfield, I was starting to flag by then.

Was great to ride with somoene else to spur each other on. I wouldn't have been anywhere near as fast around there by myself.
  • Wrath Rob
    No worries, I'll know for next time :twisted: I was chasing you pretty hard from Robin Hood to Roehampton but wasn't making any inroads at all. Then I noticed I was towing a German couple too! Got a tow from them on my 2nd lap after Broomfield, I was starting to flag by then.

Was great to ride with somoene else to spur each other on. I wouldn't have been anywhere near as fast around there by myself.
  • Wrath Rob

• jzed
    Wrath Rob wrote:

Give us a shout next time your heading round the park and I'll try and join - tend to get there most nights.
  • jzed
    Sketchley wrote:
    Enjoyed that a lot. Let's do that more often e.g. every thursday.

My Lap time was 22:57

Happy with that!

Sketchley - thats fast for a hybrid with the pannier rack on. I reckon I wouldn't be much faster on my MTB.