Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

1121314151618»

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    If I make it down, I'll be the fat bloke in a cat six jersey.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I might stop and say hello but I won't ride with you as I doubt I'll be able to keep up. I'll be in baggies, a red tshirt, with a backpack and will be riding a ridiculously green bike slowly.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I have no plans to be hammering round. Am full of cold and just want to stretch my legs.
  • veronese68
    OK, I'll aim to get to Roehampton Gate for 6:15 then.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I did my hammering around last night so just want to get some miles in. So, three 18 min laps then :twisted: ;)
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • veronese68
    Lap ratio of 3:1 the way I feel then.
  • Wrath Rob
    Lol. We'll take in nice and easy.
  • veronese68
    Thanks guys, enjoyed that. Had to bail as I said I'd eat with the kids, luckily I got there just before they started so wasn't out of favour. I'll get a longer pass so we can have beer next time?
  • Wrath Rob
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thanks guys, enjoyed that. Had to bail as I said I'd eat with the kids, luckily I got there just before they started so wasn't out of favour. I'll get a longer pass so we can have beer next time?
    Sounds good to me.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Anyone this evening?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    Possibly, I won't know until I get home as the Mrs may be going out, in which case I have to contend with sickly child. What time would you be there?
  • dhope
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Possibly, I won't know until I get home as the Mrs may be going out, in which case I have to contend with sickly child. What time would you be there?
    Should get there around 6.30 and do a few laps. Will be on a black Boardman with Teenage Cancer Trust jersey and Adidas/Sky bibs, probably go anti-clockwise
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I'm about to go out for a spin, was thinking box hill, could easily come to park instead. I'll be on enigma, with pink floyd dark side of the moon top on, most likely going anti clockwise for two or three leisurely laps. I suspect I'll be in park about 5pm and done by 6.30. By which point a pint might be nice......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • veronese68
    I'll see if I can get there. Pint in the Roebuck after? I'll be on the bright green Kinesis and in a red Tshirt.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    If anyone was in the Park tonight, there were a couple of ambulances required - one was by Richmond entrance on the roundabout - didn't see what the problem was. The other one was at the bottom of Dark Hill. Police were there and there was a rider in a silver blanket lying on the floor. A lot of blood on the road, I hope that he is ok. My wife said there was a crash in the same place yesterday as well needing an ambulance.
  • veronese68
    Managed a bit of a ride. I set off clockwise to see who I could see and saw Sketchley on Sawyers. Thankfully near the top. Turned around and rode with him for a while. Managed not to get taken out by the stupid tart in an Audi convertible on her phone, not for lack of trying on her part. She was incredulous that I told her to get off her phone. Then snuck off to the Roebuck for a couple of pints of recovery liquids. Saw a paramedic car with the guy at the Richmond Gate roundabout. Couldn't see very much but he replied when Sketchley asked if he was ok, so hopefully not too badly hurt. No sign of anything by Kingston Gate at that point, hope they are ok. That roundabout can be quite dangerous.
  • dhope
    mroli wrote:
    If anyone was in the Park tonight, there were a couple of ambulances required - one was by Richmond entrance on the roundabout - didn't see what the problem was. The other one was at the bottom of Dark Hill. Police were there and there was a rider in a silver blanket lying on the floor. A lot of blood on the road, I hope that he is ok. My wife said there was a crash in the same place yesterday as well needing an ambulance.
    I rode with someone who saw it judging by their Strava comment:
    had a poor girl overtake me at the bottom of the hill, came off 2m in front of me at about 55km/hr. Not pretty!

In fact, judging by the Strava Flyby then it was the guy that I rode with all the way down Embankment, did a lap and a half with but then left him behind just after Sawyers. Then the off was on his next lap. Get well soon whoever she is...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    Ouch, hope she's ok.
    Forgot to say, I was impressed by the little kid going clockwise on an Islabike, he looked like he was doing a hell of a speed for someone his age.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Ah - it could well have been a girl - I thought it was a guy with a pony tail. One thing that was good was that all the cyclists/motorist on the scene early doors were very good at helping and slowing down the traffic. That hill seems to cause a lot of trouble, people don't seem to realise that it tightens up on you a bit...