Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

Comments

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Easy couple of laps with a mate from work. Bumped into Sketchley - whose like a duracell bunny on a hybrid.

Kind of wish I'd done another lap at the end as wouldn't have been too far off the 60 minutes. If the winds the same tomorrow then I'm having a crack.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    JZed wrote:
    Easy couple of laps with a mate from work. Bumped into Sketchley - whose like a duracell bunny on a hybrid.

Thanks, I think. :) I'd still had you in sight as you went up dark hill tempted to follow but it would have killed me after first lap which I did in 22:20 new pb today. Limped out at Kingston gate then home.

Another 2lbs lost. Reckon I need to lose another 19lbs then I'll challenge your times. My bike weighs about 13kgs BTW.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jzed
    Sketchley wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Thanks, I think. :) I'd still had you in sight as you went up dark hill tempted to follow but it would have killed me after first lap which I did in 22:20 new pb today. Limped out at Kingston gate then home.

Another 2lbs lost. Reckon I need to lose another 19lbs then I'll challenge your times. My bike weighs about 13kgs BTW.

Meant as a compliment - every time I've seen you you are giving it the beans. I'm tempted to shift back to the MTB and see how fast I can make it round the park. See what difference the bike makes.
  • sketchley
    Is there any other way to ride other than full on until you can't do it any more?

I've heard about zone 1 riding, and slow being the new fast. But how are you going to find your limits doing that.....
    --
    Chris

• sketchley
    Heading to the park tonight meeting a friend in Roebuck @ 6.30 if anyone cares to join in.
    --
    Chris

• keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Sketchley, what time will you be heading into the park? May be up for a lap...
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • sketchley
    If I'm doing a lap then I need to be at Roehampton Gate around 6pm so I have time to go round then get to Roebuck for 6.30. Leaving the office shortly so should make it.
    --
    Chris

• jzed
    Exhausting ride with CJCP and Brian. 4 laps in total. First 3 came in 59.27 (21.19, 18.55, 19.13). Cheers chaps.
  • keyser__soze
    JZed, good work! Had to work late and am still stuck on a conference call now I've got home so no chance for a lap for me :(
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JZed wrote:
    Exhausting ride with CJCP and Brian. 4 laps in total. First 3 came in 59.27 (21.19, 18.55, 19.13). Cheers chaps.

That was a good night's work. Am beat. Think that the diversion up Kingston Hill is a good way to vary the workout.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:
    JZed wrote:

That was a good night's work. Am beat. Think that the diversion up Kingston Hill is a good way to vary the workout.

Just a different hill for you guys to leave me behind on. :lol:

I am completely spent - don't even have the energy to get off the sofa to make some food.
  • sketchley
    Jzed 3 laps sub an hour well done. Should of come to roebuck I had 3 pints in sub an hour.
    --
    Chris

• jzed
    Sketchley wrote:
    Jzed 3 laps sub an hour well done. should have come to roebuck I had 3 pints in sub an hour.

:lol::lol:

I was stuck to the back of CJCP and Brian so doesn't really count. Only managed 3-4 turns on the front.
  • cjcp
    JZed wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    Jzed 3 laps sub an hour well done. should have come to roebuck I had 3 pints in sub an hour.

:lol::lol:

I was stuck to the back of CJCP and Brian so doesn't really count. Only managed 3-4 turns on the front.

Don't listen to him, chaps - he punches rather a good hole in the wind :wink: . The speed up to Richmond Gate was a good 3-4mph slower on that last lap.

Thought we worked well together tonight. Would be good to get some along, too, to increase the pace. Any takers for Thursday night?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:
    The speed up to Richmond Gate was a good 3-4mph slower on that last lap.

Thought we worked well together tonight. Would be good to get some along, too, to increase the pace. Any takers for Thursday night?

Glad it was slower (and I still couldn't keep up) - the first lap you were pushing 26mph which is close to the speed we'd be travelling going down the hill the other way at that point.

Afraid I'm out of Thursday night* - I'm heading for hill intervals on Cragg Vale up north

*Searches around for an excuse
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Sounds like you've been having fun in my absence. I'll be out on Thursday for a lap or 3
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    JZed wrote:

Good times, nice work!
  • cjcp
    Legs very heavy this morning. Good job I've got the day off and am going for a picnic :mrgreen:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:
    Legs very heavy this morning. Good job I've got the day off and am going for a picnic :mrgreen:

Snap - except was made to work the whole fecking way to work - don't these people know I need a rest.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Just got back from a 18:30 :)
  • jzed
    Chapeau NSB
  • Wrath Rob
    All, the chain gang will be out tonight for some more RP action. The more the merrier and we can cater for all levels of speed.
  • Wrath Rob
    I'm sure the heavy hitters will be out tonight trying to dip under 18:30, but I'll be out tonight for a slightly slower lap, albeit only 1. If anyone else is interested and wants to hook up on Embankment or at the Park for about 6:50 let me know
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Aiming to get there around 6.15pm, but will be hopfully doing 3 laps so should be there until well after 7. Will be in Dulwich Paragon kit on the Viner.
  • sketchley
    Is it Thursday. Damn bank Holidays :D

Will head for park tonight. Not sure what time. Also I have a cold so may of may not do a lap. Up for a beer though. What time is beer?

Chris
    --
    Chris

• keyser__soze
    Worked from home yesterday but managed to get a bit of riding it at lunch, including an 18:43 lap which I was quite pleased with. Would've been faster but for a Rozzer doing 20 on the dot that I caught up with half way between Robin Hood and Roehampton gates and wasn't brave enough to overtake, but fortunately he swung off at Roehampton. Doing lots of ascents/descents in the Surrey hills last weekend has made me MTFU a bit more on the hills and I left the brakes well alone down Broomfield. My girlfriend got a cycle computer to help tick off the miles on last weekend's sportive and she's since caught the RP bug too, doing three rack/pannier-encumbered laps in 65 minutes last night, although she's now convinced she needs a better bike than her Allez Sport to help get under 60 and is already talking about skipping a summer holiday to finance some carbon fibre.
  • Flyingbogey
    Flyingbogey Posts: 352
    Wow, what a woman. My wife pulls over to the left side of the road and waits to turn right!!! and thinks anything over a walking pace is dangerous. My 1 yr old seems to have more of her genes than mine, bad for the bike but good for everything else.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • jzed
    Anyone about tonight - noticed that the Road forum (http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12776074) have taken to our idea and will be doing laps at 7.30. I'll probably aim for 6.45 at Roehampton.
  • sketchley
    Going to head for park tonight a do a lap. just the one mind. I'll hit park around 6.30 / 6.45 depending on what time I get out of work. Going to do a clockwise lap I think. Then probably go to the pub. :D
    --
    Chris

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I am heading there for a slow lap tonight.