Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

Comments

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    I'll be out again on Thursday, going ACW for 2 or maybe even 3 laps. And I will definitely be up for a pub-stop afterwards as the family will be at a friends so I have a pass for the night :D

Will attempt 2/3 laps with you - may have to pass on the beers as have a work medical Friday and been told shouldn't eat or drink the evening before. Just been told its 5 1/2 hours - although they'll sign my Marmotte medical form.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    cjcp, yes, twas me. Had a great ride home last night and a good ride in this morning. The park sure does help improve the moving average speed :)
    Wrath Rob, that's how I feel on Broomfield almost every time ;)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Is Broomfield really that much worse than Dark Hill?

Will be going to the park on Thursday, my wheels will be less likely to disintegrate on me en route this time :D
  • jzed
    notsoblue wrote:
    my wheels will be less likely to disintegrate on me en route this time :D

Feeble excuse, can't believe you stopped and trashed a spoke and your rim just to get out a few laps of the park :lol::lol::lol:
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    notsoblue wrote:

God yes.

You can easily get up Dark Hill in the saddle; staying there up Broomfiield is considerably more effort.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • jzed
    Asprilla wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

God yes.

You can easily get up Dark Hill in the saddle; staying there up Broomfiield is considerably more effort.

I have never got up Dark Hill, Broomfield, or Sawyers in the saddle. :oops:

I prefer Broomfield - its consistent - Dark Hill I lose my rhythm on the flatter bit in the middle.
  • notsoblue
    JZed wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    my wheels will be less likely to disintegrate on me en route this time :D

Feeble excuse, can't believe you stopped and trashed a spoke and your rim just to get out a few laps of the park :lol::lol::lol:

SERIUS BUSNISSS!!

o9fj8g.jpg
  • notsoblue
    Asprilla wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

God yes.

I really should start going ACW for my timed laps then...
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Asprilla wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

God yes.

I've climbed Broomfield in the saddle all the way up. I was only down about 3mph up the last bit though. I'd agree much harder than dark hill though.

What I want to know is why I can do the bit between Tooting Broadway and Tooting Bec which is about a mile uphill all the way (not that steep though), without dropping below 20mph but when I see Sawyer Hill I seem to have no power at all. It must be psychological.......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • asprilla
    I never get out of the saddle up Broomfield; I spent a lot on that saddle and every second spent not sitting on it feels like a bit of a waste.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JZed wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

God yes.

I have never got up Dark Hill, Broomfield, or Sawyers in the saddle. :oops:

I prefer Broomfield - its consistent - Dark Hill I lose my rhythm on the flatter bit in the middle.

I prefer Broomfield (even though I seem to be avoiding it atm). It's more consistent. Dark Hill isn't as steep, so it feels like you're obliged to go faster up it, and it kicks up a second time.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • keyser__soze
    Dark Hill is shorter and if you're on an AC lap you've just come off some easy downwards-sloping road, whereas the road before Broomfield starts to gradually steepen from just after the roundabout. I find pacing the lower section of Broomfield difficult, esp as the stretch before it between RG and RHG is so inviting to giving it beans, whereas I can arrive at the start of DH ready to attack it.
  • asprilla
    Also, it's easier to carry speed though the roundabout at the bottom of Broomfield than it is to carry it though the roundabout at kingston gate.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • sketchley
    Which way tonight then?
    --
    Chris

• sketchley
    No rain forecast anymore for this evening so I'll be in RP.

WSW / SW wind though
    --
    Chris

• cjcp
    Should be there tomorrow night for a couple of laps.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    I'm probably out tonight - one of the twinges I've had since increasing saddle height turned into a sharp burst of pins and needles through my leg when I jumped out of the saddle at Blackfriars tunnel this morning. Thought I'd done my back in but its somewhere around the hip - bit like a stiff neck. Saddle dropped 5mm and will see how today goes.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I'm still on for tonight. I'm happy to meet at the cafe by the golf club next to Roehampton gate. Aim for about 6:50-7pm before heading off for some lappage. I'll be wearing a light blue Nonnas jersey
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • cjcp
    I'm hoping to be there around the same time. If I'm not, do you want to go ACW and I'll go CW?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    Can do. If I'm on my own by 7 I'll set of ACW and stop if I see you. If I've just come flying down Broomfield, don't expect me to be the one climbing back up to you :P
  • mr_ribble
    mr_ribble Posts: 1,068
    I'll be there as well. Not sure what time but probably 7ish. Anticlockwise.
    White cannondale, blue shorts black top and rucksack. I'll be the one at the back going slow ...
  • keyser__soze
    Afraid I'm having to miss tonight, have to go do my other sport (rowing) instead as we've got a race this Saturday and we badly need the practice!
  • asprilla
    You lot all spend too long at work. By 7 I'll be at home with a glass of wine.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • cjcp
    Excellent mini chaingang with Rob, JZed and another clubmate. Got left behind on the second kick up Dark Hill and then ducked out after the second lap, utterly spent.

Cheers, lads. More of that next week, me thinks.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:
    Excellent mini chaingang with Rob, JZed and another clubmate. Got left behind on the second kick up Dark Hill and then ducked out after the second lap, utterly spent.

Cheers, lads. More of that next week, me thinks.

Spent - tell me about it - I crawled home - was ok to Dark Hill and then was completely left behind. The chap Brian on his SS was rapid - I only realised he was on a SS on the last stretch to Roehampton Gate. Couple of days rest for me I think
  • Wrath Rob
    Glad its not just me that's FUBARd. I got home and ate most of the fridge. More gentle ride tomorrow before a weekend off.

More laps next week!
  • sketchley
    I'll be in park tonight. About 6.15 / 6.30. Might be up for a beer after a lap as well.
    --
    Chris

• jzed
    Sketchley wrote:
    I'll be in park tonight. About 6.15 / 6.30. Might be up for a beer after a lap as well.

May saunter over to the park but likely to be more like 7-7.30
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    did four laps on Sat not at any real pace but still nice morning
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • notsoblue
    Just took in a lap on the way home and managed a 19:15 ACW. Lovely evening for it :)