Thursday evening Richmond Park ride?

Comments

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Shal be doing a quick lap tonight before getting back for the match.

May join you tomorrow Wrath Rob before the weather turns for the rest of the week.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    JZed wrote:
    May join you tomorrow Wrath Rob before the weather turns for the rest of the week.
    More than welcome.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Am hoping to be there tonight for a lap. What time you chaps getting there or, say, planning to hit Embankment?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Lap tonight I think sounds, maybe Wednesday too. Tuesday I'll have panniers on and I can't make Thursday as I will be at a funeral getting pissed. Friday maybe too.

Chris
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:
    Am hoping to be there tonight for a lap. What time you chaps getting there or, say, planning to hit Embankment?

Am cycling down with Andy so reckon leave Tower Hill around 5.45-6ish and get to Roehampton Gate for 6.30
  • cjcp
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Am cycling down with Andy so reckon leave Tower Hill around 5.45-6ish and get to Roehampton Gate for 6.30

Ok - you might get there ahead of me. I'll text you when I'm leaving the office.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    Cheers CJ - good to have some company in brutal headwind - good couple of laps and back to dinner on the table and entertaining half of football - give us a shout if you are heading for a lap or two tomorrow.
  • cjcp
    Likewise. Was good. Martin and I headed home after that.

Will be there tomorrow, hopefully about the same time. If I'm not there when you get to the Park, you go clockwise, I'll go anti, and we'll meet.

EDIT: :Sketchley - nice to meet you. And, yes, your bike definitely felt heavy, so seriously good effort on the 23mins.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    @WrathRob - were you in the park this evening - we thought we saw you pass Roehampton - after about a 45 seconds we set off in pursuit but the Boardman rider had turned off.
  • Wrath Rob
    Not me. Had a cr@p ride home, although mostly in my head. Forgot my water bottle, which put me in a bad mood, head wind was rubbish and then my front CrudCatcher decided to fall apart in an attempt to lodge itself in my front wheel and kill me. Fortunately I caught it in time and removed the offending stay. However, I lost it later in the ride and so now have no front guard with rain forecast. Great.

I'm up for a couple of laps tomorrow though. Not sure what time but probably the same as last week, i.e. in the park for 7. Want to meet at the Roehampton Gate cafe again?

All are welcome!
  • Wrath Rob
    Its the wife's birthday so I'll have to make sure I get out of here on time today if I want to get a lap or 2 in.

Meet at 6:45?
  • cjcp
    Yep. If I'm not there when you arrive, see my post above - we'll hook at some point on the first lap I suspect.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    Am aiming for 6.15 and will start circling clockwise (hopefully wind assisted)
  • cjcp
    JZed wrote:
    Am aiming for 6.15

Half day? Nice. :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    Hango on, so CJCP gets the easy anti-clockwise loop and we've got to slog it out clockwise? I'll let it slide once, but that's it :wink:

Depending on temperature I'll be either in a Kingston Wheelers jersy or a black'n'white Foska top.
  • jzed
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Hango on, so CJCP gets the easy anti-clockwise loop and we've got to slog it out clockwise? I'll let it slide once, but that's it :wink:

Depending on temperature I'll be either in a Kingston Wheelers jersy or a black'n'white Foska top.

Not necessarily - anti-clockwise last night was like riding into a tornado. Was nearly going backwards up Sawyers with the wind coming down it. Seemed to hit you pretty much the whole way round, especially on the Robin Hood to Roehamton Stretch. Clockwise was much better.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Mind if I tag along? What time will you be passing Blackfriars?
  • sketchley
    Today is change over day, so fully loaded pannier on the already heavy bike! Think I'll give tonight a miss, although it would be intresting to know how fast I could go round witha pannier on.

@CJCP - nice to meet you too.
    --
    Chris

• jzed
    Sketchley wrote:
    Today is change over day, so fully loaded pannier on the already heavy bike! Think I'll give tonight a miss, although it would be intresting to know how fast I could go round witha pannier on.@CJCP - nice to meet you too.

Only one way to find out - maybe load it up with a few cold cans of lager for us too :lol:
  • jzed
    notsoblue wrote:
    Mind if I tag along? What time will you be passing Blackfriars?

No the more the merrier - arrangements seem to be get to the park and just cycle round until you spot someone you recognise.

I reckon I'll be around Blackfriars at 5.40-5.45pm.
  • cjcp
    JZed wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:

Not necessarily - anti-clockwise last night was like riding into a tornado. Was nearly going backwards up Sawyers with the wind coming down it. Seemed to hit you pretty much the whole way round, especially on the Robin Hood to Roehamton Stretch. Clockwise was much better.

Exactly. I was trying to be noble and subject myself to the suffering :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    LOL. Yup, more the merrier. I'll be heading past Blackfriars at about 6 (fingers crossed)
  • sketchley
    Felt like crap tonight. Maybe the three pints of Peroni, maybe the Pannier on the back, maybe I was cold.

Made it to the Park, saw JZed limped out at Robin Hood then limped home.

Tomorrow maybe?
    --
    Chris

• jzed
    Boy am I getting fed up of the wind. Managed a 19.27 clockwise before spinning around and heading clockwise. Started climbing up from Richmond gate when Wrath Rob comes passed so I did an about turn and spent pretty much all the way down Sawyers trying to real Rob back in Managed just after the roundabout but Rob had to head off. Then bump into Sketchely so we set off round clockwise. Get halfway down to Robin hood when swwoooosshhh passed goes CJCP on an AC lap. Sketchley says he's only going as far as Robin Hood so I do an about turn and head after CJCP - he's too far ahead and halfway up Sawyers I decide to call it a night. I'm halfway down Priory Lane when a colleague goes passed and mentions beer - so about turn and back up Sawyers to the Roebuck for a pint.
  • cjcp
    JZed wrote:
    Boy am I getting fed up of the wind.

Amen to that.

Tonight was tough. Sugar levels started to get low on lap three, and some chap on a Boardman in GPM10 shorts flew past like a bat out of hell. A bit of tit for tat with a couple of other riders in pursuit of him, but had no energy left by the time I got to Sawyer's and let one of them go.
    Managed a 19.27 clockwise before spinning around and heading clockwise. Started climbing up from Richmond gate when Wrath Rob comes passed so I did an about turn and spent pretty much all the way down Sawyers trying to real Rob back in Managed just after the roundabout but Rob had to head off. Then bump into Sketchely so we set off round clockwise. Get halfway down to Robin hood when swwoooosshhh passed goes CJCP on an AC lap. Sketchley says he's only going as far as Robin Hood so I do an about turn and head after CJCP - he's too far ahead and halfway up Sawyers I decide to call it a night. I'm halfway down Priory Lane when a colleague goes passed and mentions beer - so about turn and back up Sawyers to the Roebuck for a pint.

I think I saw Sketchley (in a Harlequins top?) but didn't spot it was you with him. Sorry about that.

Also saw Rob as he was making his way up to Pembroke Lodge and thought I might see him on the way round, but not so.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    edited April 2011
    Yeah that was us - you were hammering along. Rob said he saw you a couple of minutes in front of me on the ACW lap. Must have passed you earlier withput realising.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Think I saw cjcp on an anti-clockwise (between Ham Gate and Kingston Gate, gave a wave) but didn't see the rest of you - did a clockwise lap in 19.48 entering the park about 7.30ish.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • jzed
    Think I saw cjcp on an anti-clockwise (between Ham Gate and Kingston Gate, gave a wave) but didn't see the rest of you - did a clockwise lap in 19.48 entering the park about 7.30ish.

7.30 - I was in the pub :lol:
  • cjcp

Ah, that was you. White gilet?

Enjoying my beer very much.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    I'm never doing a CW lap again when I've only got the big ring and I've eaten too close to setting off. Got to the park with no incidents, got to Robin Hood Gate, no trouble, going up Boomfield (?) Hill, I almost died. By the time I got to the top I was ready to puke. Took me most of the way to Kingston Gate to get my breathing and heart back under control. Took me up to Richmond Gate to feel like I could get some power back down again. JZed caught me up down the hill but I had to head home as it was the wife's birthday night out. Saw Sketchley as I was leaving the park and shouted that JZed was heading CW.

@JZed, I saw your shadow creeping up on me, if I'd have known it was you I would have tried harder :wink:
    @CJCP, I only did one lap (see above) hence you not seeing me again

I'll be out again on Thursday, going ACW for 2 or maybe even 3 laps. And I will definitely be up for a pub-stop afterwards as the family will be at a friends so I have a pass for the night :D